Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't give a release date because one isn't set yet. Nintendo's date is more like a placeholder and probably shouldn't be taken at face value. Until we hear from Pipeworks about it we have to wait.

Hey! Very good point, in regards to Nintendo; given all the delays. My point was that we will not see a mobile update before Nintendo release. However, I would say that 2019 seems very likely, given all the delays - they simply cannot take more time! It was promised after the console update and it came a couple of months ago. Pretty sure that they just need until the end of the year to finish off everything (if they started in summer, this leaves six months, which is decent).

Are you going to be turning Terraria Mobile to the same as everything in Terraria PC?

That is the goal overall. After Mobile gets the 1.3 update and the Switch version is released, Pipeworks will work to bring all the current gen Console/Mobile versions of Terraria up to PC's current version. How & when this will happen is not known.

Is ds also getting an update?

The 3DS version will not be receiving further updates.

After Mobile gets the 1.3 update and the Switch version is released

Is it the chronological order or a relatively simultaneous occurrence? My understanding is that you want to unify all the code, likely releasing 1.3 on Mobile and 1.3 on Switch (first Switch version) at an approximately the same time - for the sake of simplicity and to avoid any further delays.

Is it the chronological order or a relatively simultaneous occurrence? My understanding is that you want to unify all the code, likely releasing 1.3 on Mobile and 1.3 on Switch (first Switch version) at an approximately the same time - for the sake of simplicity and to avoid any further delays.

It's been said in this Thread that 1.3 for Mobile is expected to release after the Switch version. That doesn't mean it is set in stone that it will come after the Switch version, but it sounds like they think the Switch version will be ready before the Mobile version.

It's really hard to say for sure now with the news that the Nintendo Switch version will be arriving in 2019. At this point in time it is really uncertain. It will still be awhile and it's unfortunate. But it will still be awhile longer until the Switch & Mobile versions will be ready. After they release, then at that point they will update Xbox One/PS4, Switch and Mobile together.

Was just watching the twitch livestream and I asked. Here is what they are saying.

Attachments

• B09E8305-5397-4527-8B5B-3F4F97F64B4A.jpeg
    B09E8305-5397-4527-8B5B-3F4F97F64B4A.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 301
@AlexanderD there have been people including me that were still thinking that mobile might come out before 2019. So to have this out there it will slow down or even stop the asking of when is it going to be released.

@AlexanderD there have been people including me that were still thinking that mobile might come out before 2019. So to have this out there it will slow down or even stop the asking of when is it going to be released.

People were asking for it for years. A couple of months will not make a difference and force them to rush. As elaborated by me, there is a greater financial inventive to develop for Switch first. As confirmed by various "representatives", 2019 is confirmed. I wish for but would not expect it before 2019, not after all the "false" promises.

Good day.

Isso prova que o terraria esta perto de ser lançado, pelo menos eu acho

Helps to follow the conversation along and to reply in the same language, given that you seem to understand it. I have lived in Spain for plenty of time (if you are from there) and can understand this attitude.

It was literally confirmed by multiple people that 2019 is the way to go. First everyone was unhappy for being left in the dark and now after being given the date you are still complaining. Chill, mate.

Hello. Please could you kindly, at least, provide the year? For instance, according to the official website of Nintendo, Terraria will be released there only in 2019 (http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Terraria-1424601.html) - given that it is not the first time that the date (now - year) was moved, I doubt that it will be released earlier. Having said that, also it would make more sense to release it there first - this will guarantee more money, as you can charge more, as well as some people on mobile already have the game (and obviously there is no need to buy twice). There was a lot of talk about a unified code, so I would assume that as soon as it is ready then it will be released on both platforms - meaning that mobile will not come earlier than Switch (since you could then release on Switch as well the same time).

The question beginning now if there is any point to start playing the game now? My concern is having to start off again fresh after the update/reset? Also, any comments on iCloud saving issue - some saves getting lost/not possible to access them? Am I better off saving locally? If so, how can I keep a definite back up (especially if I need to reinstall for any reason)? I am on iOS (iPad).

Appreciated! Checking this everyday.
I feel like they would at least attempt to have a transfer save from the Wii U to Switch, but I'd find it more challenging(and fun) to start from scratch again. (As in a new character to your best self again)

So one company is developing a single platform and another company is responsible for 4 different platforms.
As someone else has stated, Re-Logic generates all the new content that comes out first for PC while Pipeworks handles porting that content over to the other platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom