Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!!! the new UI looks way more comfortable, now if building and character control could be less hard without the need of using a control

I have an idea of what I would want:
UI/Bug fixes/Mechanics update THEN 1.3, 1.3 for mobile would be the new content while the update before would fix whatever is issue is with current bugs and whatever problem there is with mechanics, and an updated UI with manually moving NPCs included so that we don't have to wait for 1.3 to get this stuff, I feel like it could be better to put it in an update that comes before 1.3 content comes.
[doublepost=1536368392,1536368262][/doublepost]
Oof, I guess multiplayer on mobile won’t fixed.
I'm guessing if mobile is included in the one terraria update, any platforms/versions that would get the update would get a multiplayer system that would allow you to play with the other platforms, and hopefully play on servers.

I have an idea of what I would want:
UI/Bug fixes/Mechanics update THEN 1.3, 1.3 for mobile would be the new content while the update before would fix whatever is issue is with current bugs and whatever problem there is with mechanics, and an updated UI with manually moving NPCs included so that we don't have to wait for 1.3 to get this stuff, I feel like it could be better to put it in an update that comes before 1.3 content comes.
The new mobile update will be completely new code, and won't inherit the bugs and limitations of the current mobile game. That said it will probably have completely new bugs all it's own. At the very least I'd expect the 1.3 mobile release to have all of the features of the current PS4/XB1 release.

I'm guessing if mobile is included in the one terraria update, any platforms/versions that would get the update would get a multiplayer system that would allow you to play with the other platforms, and hopefully play on servers.
While I'm sure 1.3 on mobile will have multiplayer, I do not think it will play with anything but other mobile users. The current releases of the game do not have crossplay either, and probably never will.

The new mobile update will be completely new code, and won't inherit the bugs and limitations of the current mobile game. That said it will probably have completely new bugs all it's own. At the very least I'd expect the 1.3 mobile release to have all of the features of the current PS4/XB1 release.

While I'm sure 1.3 on mobile will have multiplayer, I do not think it will play with anything but other mobile users. The current releases of the game do not have crossplay either, and probably never will.
the "one terraria" update, I'm not referring to 1.3. I'm talking about a future update that will enable cross platform play as soon as they are all caught up in content.

the "one terraria" update, I'm not referring to 1.3. I'm talking about a future update that will enable cross platform play as soon as they are all caught up in content.
Then you have read too much into that. The devs have stated there are no plans to make Terraria crossplay compatible between the different platforms. "One Terraria" just means all platforms have similar content so when talking about the game people don't need to reference which platform they play on. I think we are a long ways away from other platforms catching up to PC.

Will you be adding the option to have 10 inventory slots on larger mobile devices such as the iPhone plus models? There is plenty of space for 10 slots on the plus model and there are many instances (i.e. fighting bosses) where it would be very useful to have 10 slots.

I have a feeling terraria mobile 1.3 will be released somewhere between September 20th and November 30th
[doublepost=1536562216,1536562191][/doublepost]
I have a feeling terraria mobile 1.3 will be released somewhere between September 20th and November 30th
Specifically iOS

Hopefully the update doesn't remove our OP autoswing, that would really stink, but it will ultimately be worth it.
PC Terrarians: To remove auto swing to make a difinitive version of the game across all platforms!
They most likely will remove auto swing and replace it with a button for non-auto swing weapons. My guess for weapons that fire projectiles and aren’t autoswing would be to allow tapping to fire accurately. The entire goal of rebuilding the games from the ground up is to *eventually* make a single version of the game that remains the same across all platforms. I’m just speculating here, but I think their ultimate goal is to get cross-platform.

No one has said crossplay will never happen. There are simply issues beyond the technical aspects at play, mostly with the console manufacturers. They have to reach some sort of agreement between themselves to allow it to become reality. So far it seems like a lot of posturing and "showcase solutions" like the Minecraft thing.

It makes no sense for Re-Logic/Pipeworks to spend time on crossplay issues that they might not be allowed to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom