Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
index.php

Greetings Terrarians,

We have some fantastic news for you. The Terraria 1.3 Xbox One update will be available to download on Monday, February 5th starting at 9:30 AM PST.

The team is thrilled that Xbox One players will finally have the chance to explore everything 1.3 has to offer. With that being said, there are some resources you’ll want to check out before launching the game.

No game is ever completely free of bugs so if you come across any issues please use the following link to report a bug: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html.

Keep an eye on the official FAQ, as we’ll be updating it based on people’s feedback and questions.

If you want to get a preview of all of the things included in the update you can visit the following link: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...aria-1-3-launches-on-ps4-xb1-submitted.64057/

Finally, if you have feedback that isn’t directly related to bugs you can submit it in this thread: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-update-feedback-thread.64220/page-36

Of course, we’ll be monitoring feedback and reports as they come in. We appreciate the support and patience through this longer-than-expected wait. We can’t wait for you to finally get your hands on 1.3!

Regards,

The Terraria Team @ Pipeworks Studio
Yes Finally Thank You

Why are people complaining at all, we have a release date after so long and it’ll finally be out in just two days but people will always find something to moan about, come on this is the best news from pipeworks in ages but people are moaning

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
1. We don’t have to wait any longer
2. We get to play it on weekends
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day
4. The forum or PW is no longer littered with ungrateful or nagging fans

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.

This question has already been answered. Please refer to page 1 of the thread for some insight into this decision. Thanks!

As @ClearConscious explained already:

The word "schedule" is important here. This doesn't work precisely like Steam where you push a big magic button and it goes out instantly.

What exactly is the reason then? I'm not trying to be rude but why does it seem like we never get clear answers? It's like someone asking why, and then PW is pretty much just saying "Because". If the community never gets clear answers on why and how, it makes the process seem much more slow. Having a release date is amazing but as @Luke Stevenson said a Monday is the dumbest time to release it. Imagine if you waited 1.5 years for something to happen and it happened while you were stuck in a classroom for 6 hours. Anyways, I (And the players) really appreciate how much work you guys have done and I can't wait! :p

just worried it will be super buggy like how ps4 was i seen when it came out on twitch well im gonna go back and make a new terraria video on pc today and get back to the game.

This version will have all of the fixes that PS4 currently has - so both will be at the same level of fixes.

Irritate away. You didn't make up a potential Friday release in your head. You were given hope by last night's ill-advised tweet.

All the tweet said was news was coming. People made of that what they will and created something that it wasn't.

They said because of their schedule and you get to play it next weekend anyway. I’m also currently doing my exams so I can’t even play it much until next weekend but I’m not complaining

Well, I'm glad it can't be delayed any more but I'm mad at Microsoft for taking so long to certify it in the first place!

Go ahead and boot up the box you guys have that fine 1.3 update on and VPN me a good old fashioned network file share be our lil secret lol. Nice work guys can't wait. It's almost worse knowing release date then refreshing forum threads every other hour lol.

All the tweet said was news was coming. People made of that what they will and created something that it wasn't.

And how could anyone have ever known what people would have made of such a tweet?

You guys are gonna catch a lot of grief on this today. Better to accept responsibility for it than try to claim plausible deniability and point your fingers at your client base.

I know we are getting this......at about 5pm or 6pm if you live in the UK, on Monday, it’s just by now it feels as though it’s never coming.

I just can’t not think that we are getting it today. Please, there must be a way to release it sooner, two days is going to go slowly. Sorry for all the negative posts about an official release date but I just can’t stand waiting a full few days again.

thank you thank you thank you PipeWorks and all involved! i only have one question. can we change the split screen camera view from that horrid horizontal to vertical? i cant find it in the playstation changelog @Loki

Last edited:
And how could anyone have ever known what people would have made of such a tweet?

You guys are gonna catch a lot of grief on this today. Better to accept responsibility for it than try to claim plausible deniability and point your fingers at your client base.
They haven’t pointed fingers at anyone. Have you even read a single comment on this thread? They got us something that people have been harassing them for for days. People have been complaining and bickering nonstop for the last 2 weeks, blaming Pipeworks, etc. They got a release date and they posted it, if they can’t handle another two days, boo hoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom