Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are getting this......at about 5pm or 6pm if you live in the UK, on Monday, it’s just by now it feels as though it’s never coming.
I live in the UK so I get you there but at least it’s coming, best thing to do is wait, I thought it would be easier to wait when there was a date but it seems like that isn’t the case

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
1. We don’t have to wait any longer
2. We get to play it on weekends
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day
4. The forum or PW is no longer littered with ungrateful or nagging fans

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.
It’s already been said the latest they can release it is on Monday. I don’t they they’d purposely choose to not release it the day of cert finish.

I live in the UK so I get you there but at least it’s coming, best thing to do is wait, I thought it would be easier to wait when there was a date but it seems like that isn’t the case

Yeah, getting a date is fine, even though it angers players. I’m happy with Pipeworks and appreciate not being stuck on 1.2.4.

As someone who is out of school and is off Monday, I'm thrilled with this announcement. My kids are going to be so irritated when I tell them the update will be released whilst they're in school and I'll be home all day playing.

Who loves the fact that there is now a release date for Xbox One Terraria, I am!
[doublepost=1517601130,1517600947][/doublepost]Rest in peace Werewolf Pet, I loved you so much...

Oh wait I still have Xbox 360 that isn't getting updated, thank god.

But still, exclusive pets shouldn't really have to get removed until cross play is added, right?

Welp, too late for that now...

You guys are gonna catch a lot of grief on this today. Better to accept responsibility for it than try to claim plausible deniability and point your fingers at your client base

I'm afraid that no one can accept responsibility for what people speculate off of a nebulous tweet. No offense, that is a bit much. Your thoughts are your own, not anyone else's. ;)

A launch date *IS* big news... especially one this close.

I'll just leave it at that and you are free to be mad that it wasn't exactly the precise news you wanted if you choose. I'm gonna focus on the awesome week to come and celebrate instead. :)

But it works like that on PlayStation?

For hotfixes, yes. The gap on PS4 launch wasn't instantaneous either. It just so happens that in this spot, the weekend makes the actual gap larger than it otherwise would have been (if this had, say, been a Wednesday and the next weekday was a Thursday).

Beyond that, I know each company has their own system - but at that point, I'm getting past my level of knowledge and would have to defer to 505 Games who handles that for us. I do know that for THIS, it has to be scheduled with Microsoft (I guess so that they can control the flow of releases? I honestly do not know "why" but it doesn't really matter because it is what it is) for launch.

I mean that is literally the explanation - I am not sure what else to say at this point that hasn't been said 3-4x now. :confused:

So Pipeworks found out last night that they would have an answer today. Tweets out a gif of a guy winking. Knowing they won't be able to release today but sees everyone assuming it comes today. Says nothing about having to schedule a release if it's approved. Then blames Xbox players for misinterpreting the winking gif.

If you guys are looking for a new PR guy I'm available. Would love to make some much needed changes for you.

So Pipeworks found out last night that they would have an answer today. Tweets out a gif of a guy winking. Knowing they won't be able to release today but sees everyone assuming it comes today. Says nothing about having to schedule a release if it's approved. Then blames Xbox players for misinterpreting the winking gif.

If you guys are looking for a new PR guy I'm available. Would love to make some much needed changes for you.

Exactly my thoughts but too afraid to say!

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
1. We don’t have to wait any longer
2. We get to play it on weekends
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day
4. The forum or PW is no longer littered with ungrateful or nagging fans

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.

To me, a Monday release would make sense. If a catastrophic bug made it through (in no way am I suggesting one will) it would be better that it happened at the start of the week so the devs are available to fix it.

Sure - or perhaps they got late word of a Cert approval, filed for an "earliest possible launch" and got back from Microsoft that Monday at 9:30 would be that earliest time.

Occam's Razor.

Who is supposed to take "responsibility" for how the figurative "you" interprets something? A nice existential debate could be had there, I will wager - but not one thing in that tweet said "its launching tomorrow".

That said, this is turning into a really silly debate over nothing that will materially impact a single soul and will be an afterthought in a week's time. So I'm gonna move on from the whole "how did I interpret the vague tweet" drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom