Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why is because of the fact you the feel need to say they are just making excuses even when they could have not done the update at all and avoided all the negative comments and hate from the community but they kept doing there job and you still feel the need to complain about a 3 day wait so yeah now is the time to congratulate them on their journey and making this update possible

No what i said was i have read all of the excuses by them the past 2 months.

I was asked to stop complaining by TK so i am, but i am not praising or congratulating pipeworks for something that was supposed to come out last year.

Im done now, i wont be commenting here anymore, so you dont have to worry about my complaints anymore.

After two and a half years, it's finally going to release. It honestly felt like an eternity, but also went by very fast. Just two days now (Three in my case because of school and stuff)...

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
1. We don’t have to wait any longer
2. We get to play it on weekends
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day
4. The forum or PW is no longer littered with ungrateful or nagging fans

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.

Should they have waited until next Friday so you could get it during the weekend? As they made pretty clear, Monday was the EARLIEST they could schedule. Not sure they could make that any clearer. If today was possible they would have done today. You make it seem like they are waiting till Monday just to be :red:s or because they are being lazy. Obviously they are none of those things.

We know this is good news, just releasing it today would have been WAAAY better:
1. We don’t have to wait any longer
2. We get to play it on weekends
3. We don’t get to play it on weekdays, where half of the people on the forums have work or school to attend for the majority of the day
4. The forum or PW is no longer littered with ungrateful or nagging fans

I still find it a bit strange how PW didn’t release it on a Friday, a fairly common update day, but I guess it’s not always sunshine and lollipops. I guess I’ll have to play a boring game to pass my eternity of a weekend.
Fear not, the game update will be there waiting for you NEXT WEEKEND.

Well, I'm glad it can't be delayed any more but I'm mad at Microsoft for taking so long to certify it in the first place!
The game is HUGE and has a lot to go over. I wasn't surprised that it took them a while to certify it.

Who loves the fact that there is now a release date for Xbox One Terraria, I am!
[doublepost=1517601130,1517600947][/doublepost]Rest in peace Werewolf Pet, I loved you so much...

Oh wait I still have Xbox 360 that isn't getting updated, thank god.

But still, exclusive pets shouldn't really have to get removed until cross play is added, right?

Welp, too late for that now...
Wouldn't it be awesome if they allowed the Xbox 360 version BC so it could be playable on the Xbox One? Then you could play either any time you want from the same console!

I can see that now, as Sony really hates Microsoft, even if it comes in a passive manner.

I just wish they would give it a chance...
From what I understand, the mechanics of cross-play between PS4 and the Xbox community would require PS4 games having a portal to log in to your Xbox account. That gives Sony vast amounts of heartburn. And it also sounds very kludgey.

Just a quick thing to say when the update comes out could everyone go bug hunting so we can help pipeworks out with fixes? It's a good way to make sure we all can have a stable game when patches come later on and I have to say pipeworks has been doing a great job and I look forward to seeing more streams!
I'm looking forward to reporting bugs. I just hope that there aren't any really nasty ones that are world-eating or character-eating...

Fear not, the game update will be there NEXT WEEKEND.

The game is HUGE and has a lot to go over. I wasn't surprised that it took them a while to certify it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they allowed the Xbox 360 version BC so it could be playable on the Xbox One? Then you could play either any time you want from the same console!

From what I understand, the mechanics of cross-play between PS4 and the Xbox community would require PS4 games having a portal to log in to your Xbox account. That gives Sony vast amounts of heartburn. And it also sounds very kludgey.

I'm looking forward to reporting bugs. I just hope that there aren't any really nasty ones that are world-eating or character-eating...
It wouldn't need to have a portal for logins as it would be simpler with a partial link between accounts also bug hunting is important and i love finding them so they can be fixed

It wouldn't need to have a portal for logins as it would be simpler with a partial link between accounts also bug hunting is important and i love finding them so they can be fixed
Maybe so, and if it ever happens we may find out how it's done. Until then, I have Iron Banner and then 1.3 to play around with. :)

----

Also, @pipeworks on Twitter posted a link to an article that explains the certification process for Microsoft. Although it is a few years old and describes the process for the Xbox 360 console, I imagine that it is largely unchanged by time or console change:

https://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/almost/

personal attacks are not acceptable
Ive been reading excuses for why xbox hasnt been able to get the update for 2 months now, between pipeworks and microsoft, its bull:red:.
[doublepost=1517605998,1517605960][/doublepost]

This right here is why the monday release is bull:red:
You know they said that can only do that on pc cause that's steam xbox and ps are different cause there consuls idiot look at the post and read it he specifically said that they couldn't do it like the pc ok you should be excited not mad :red: your just ruining it for everyone else if your gonna be like that then just forget about posting on the forums at all

What does this mean for the switch and mobile versions. (I don’t play on mobile usually but am still curious) Will they begin development as soon as Xbox launches or after The console versions have had most of their bugs patched?

What does this mean for the switch and mobile versions. (I don’t play on mobile usually but am still curious) Will they begin development as soon as Xbox launches or after The console versions have had most of their bugs patched?
After hotfixes. They want XB1/PS4 both stable before moving on.

You know they said that can only do that on pc cause that's steam xbox and ps are different cause there consuls idiot look at the post and read it he specifically said that they couldn't do it like the pc ok you should be excited not mad :red: your just ruining it for everyone else if your gonna be like that then just forget about posting on the forums at all
There is no valid reason to call another member names like this. Your privileges to post in this thread have been removed.

For everyone else, please just ignore this outburst. By addressing it any further you continue the drama.

Omg so happy that after a long hiatus I return to find this...it may have taken awhile but I'd rather have something that I can actually play rather then get mad cause it keeps breaking .. But it will feel very nice to return to familiar maps that I haven't even been on in over 2 years... Gonna dust of the old wrench and wire set and get to making life easy for hoiks sake XD

There is now so many negative posts in this thread. Just be happy Pipeworks finally released 1.3 that will be out in 2 days. Now today is a friday. Enjoy the weekend, do the stuff you love. Making negative posts will solve nothing but make a problem worse.

There is now so many negative posts in this thread. Just be happy Pipeworks finally released 1.3 that will be out in 2 days. Now today is a friday. Enjoy the weekend, do the stuff you love. Making negative posts will solve nothing but make a problem worse.
Hi @StarWarrior111, let's focus on the game and the update, and not what our opinions of other members may be. Thanks.

Lots of whiners and self entitlement on this forum. You kids have your whole lives ahead of you, why are you fussing over a game that's already entertaining as is? This isn't Half Life 3.

I'm glad the update is finally coming out. I've been looking forward to it. I remember being confused at the popularity of these kinds of games, until I really started digging in. Now I'm excited to start fresh and experience it all over again with new content. Don't let impatient people bring you down, you've already delivered a great game and you don't owe them anything. Thanks!

Also, @pipeworks on Twitter posted a link to an article that explains the certification process for Microsoft. Although it is a few years old and describes the process for the Xbox 360 console, I imagine that it is largely unchanged by time or console change:

https://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/almost/

Thanks for the link. Even though it's old, it's still a good insider look at the certification process. It's a shame that most people won't bother to read it but I found it very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom