Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a list of things thats different in expert mode?

Copied directly from the Initial PS4 Release Thread here is a list of changes:

• Expert mode can now be toggled in the World Creation Menu. This will trigger a host of changes, all designed to provide a greater challenge with the promise of greater rewards. Some of those challenges are listed below:
  • You stay dead longer before being able to respawn during boss fights.
  • Boss health scales in multiplayer depending on the number of players.
  • Weaker enemies gain increased stats as the players progress, starting in hardmode.
  • You drop 75% of your gold upon death.
  • Enemies can pick up your gold when you die and attempt to run off with it. Kill them to retrieve your loot.
  • Monsters have a small chance to spawn in towns.
  • Some normal enemies have been given new AI.
  • Bosses have been given new AI.
  • Bosses will drop Treasure Bags containing powerful expert exclusive items to reward those up to the challenge.
  • Pots now drop more stuff when broken.
  • Ice Monsters gain an additional chance to freeze upon hitting the player.
  • Quest rewards give more money.
  • Bats have a chance to give the new Feral Bite debuff. This debuff will increase player damage but lower player health regen. This debuff will also cause other random debuffs to be applied to the player
  • Life Regen isn’t as effective unless the player has the Well Fed buff.
  • Vampire and Spectre healing is slightly less effective than in normal mode.
  • The Defense statistic is more effective than in normal mode.

For some reason my terraria screen just enlarged. I can’t see the outside text for example what is the item I am holding name is not able to be seen. Nor I could see the text of the item I am holding. It’s way too small.
[doublepost=1517868952,1517868874][/doublepost]
is it a problem for everyone or just most people?
It’s happening for me too! My screen is too big.

For some reason my terraria screen just enlarged. I can’t see the outside text for example what is the item I am holding name is not able to be seen. Nor I could see the text of the item I am holding. It’s way too small.
[doublepost=1517868952,1517868874][/doublepost]
It’s happening for me too! My screen is too big.
Play around with your Tv's HDMI settings it fixed it for me and mine is a really old tv

I'm about the fight skeleton in 1.3 here I go!!!! I have really bad stuff so will probaly fail :nursesigh:

Hrm I'm not liking the new inventory layout I can't read it on my TV(split screen) as the text is small and the translucent bg is making it even harder.

Last edited:
My tv is off too luckily I just can't see my first effect and the items named are cut off besides that it's great on my tv

Is anyone else having the problem of not being able to buy or sell from NPCs ? I have money on me but I can't buy sell or reforge items on any character.

Can you elaborate more please? I had no issues with this earlier. Are you sure you are using the correct inputs to buy and sell and such? They were changed with this patch.

My Screen goes off a little to fair of my actual TV screen if that makes any sense, is there any way to adjust this in the settings?

Check your Aspect Ratio on your TV, that did the trick for me.

Can you elaborate more please? I had no issues with this earlier. Are you sure you are using the correct inputs to buy and sell and such? They were changed with this patch.

Check your Aspect Ratio on your TV, that did the trick for me.
I when I press A while highlighting an object I want to buy nothing happens, same with trying to sell, I try to place it into the NPCs inventory and nothing happens.

my martian madness event started but i have no NPCs, legacy large world, i do have the backdrop though. Anyone else have this issue? i did fill out the bug report.
[doublepost=1517871005,1517870938][/doublepost]
I when I press A while highlighting an object I want to buy nothing happens, same with trying to sell, I try to place it into the NPCs inventory and nothing happens.
i'm able to buy stuff and so is my friend in my game.

Took under 5 min to update and convert! Screen is oversized but all is well so far. Scared to go on legacy map so I'm going to create new and far around with legacy character.

Why doesn't terraria have a setting to adjust screen size? Most games do. Should be a given. Caslevania HD did this to me too... :(

it does boggle the mind

my martian madness event started but i have no NPCs, legacy large world, i do have the backdrop though. Anyone else have this issue? i did fill out the bug report.
I'm glad to hear that you sent in a bug report, that's very helpful. What I have heard from other players is that if you wait long enough (many in-game days) the Martians will finally show up. They should be showing up right away, true. They aren't, but if you wait and go off to do other things, eventually they will be there at the world's natural spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom