Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I found a tortured soul in the first few minutes of looking for it but whenever I want to fight the wall of flesh without farming for voodoo dolls voodoo demons are nowhere to be seen...

Well at least I got a banker.

I still need to go down there...

I have a bunch of voodoo dolls in a chest, collected from catching them before they fell in lava on past trips to Hell

Hi everyone, really loving the update. However I can't for the life of me get an alchemy station to work! I'm not sure if it's bugged or i'm just completely missing something in the UI. When I check available crafting recipes there are no potions there, even when standing directly next to a bottle placed on a work bench. I have tried putting it on tables and shelves too... nothing. I even went to one of my legacy worlds where i know I had a working alchemy station and i still can't get it to work. I have bottled water in my inventory ready.

Hi everyone, really loving the update. However I can't for the life of me get an alchemy station to work! I'm not sure if it's bugged or i'm just completely missing something in the UI. When I check available crafting recipes there are no potions there, even when standing directly next to a bottle placed on a work bench. I have tried putting it on tables and shelves too... nothing. I even went to one of my legacy worlds where i know I had a working alchemy station and i still can't get it to work. I have bottled water in my inventory ready.
You have to go to the guide now to see what you need to craft stuff.

Do you have potion ingredients besides bottle water? For instance, a daybloom and a mushroom to craft regen potion.

Edited: Ah, maybe you are thinking to see allllll the recipes that can be made, even though you don't have the ingredients. That is an intended change to remove that ability. Anything with a label of 'Material' (like bottled water) can be taken to the Guide and he'll tell you everything that can be made. That is how it has been on PC since day one.

The crafting mechanism has changed in 1.3 to match the way it has always been done on PC versions.

To see what can be crafted with a particular material, talk to the Guide, select "Crafting", and hand him the material (e.g., your bottled water). You will be shown all recipes you can make with that material, even if you can't acquire the materials for all of them yet. It will also tell you what crafting station is required; you do not need to be near that crafting station to find the recipe. Then gather all the materials in your inventory, go to the crafting station, and you should be good to go.

We realize this is a significant change from pre-1.3 console, and that at first it may seem clumsy. But please give it a fair shake, some people who complained about it at first have gotten used to it and now have no issue with it or actually prefer it.

We realize this is a significant change from pre-1.3 console, and that at first it may seem clumsy. But please give it a fair shake, some people who complained about it at first have gotten used to it and now have no issue with it or actually prefer it.

Honestly, i was worried at first, but it is actually no problem at all. The new crafting takes getting used to simply because you have to cycle through shoulder buttons to get to it, but other wise, it's perfectly fine. My wife does not follow these forums, so when i showed her the update last night, I didn't tell her anything about he PS4 update stuff, she said "so it's just like PC cool" and started playing.

The only gripes are the flashing words, and it's a little too transparent in the inventory screens, otherwise it's great.

This is guud.
[doublepost=1517930162,1517930051][/doublepost]When I left a world of mine (a large one) my game had CORRUPTED and it caused the profile images for my characters on Terraria to glitch out, to the point that they were upside down glitchy text
It was a major rendering glitch, my character had no face and most of the screen was the first frame of when I joined the world but all messed up, anyone else?

This is guud.
[doublepost=1517930162,1517930051][/doublepost]When I left a world of mine (a large one) my game had CORRUPTED and it caused the profile images for my characters on Terraria to glitch out, to the point that they were upside down glitchy text
It was a major rendering glitch, my character had no face and most of the screen was the first frame of when I joined the world but all messed up, anyone else?
@FurriestWolf, if you could show a photo or video that would be helpful. Also, be sure to send in your bug reports here. By sending in your issues straight to the developers, that's the easiest way to guarantee the issues will be seen: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

@FurriestWolf, if you could show a photo or video that would be helpful. Also, be sure to send in your bug reports here. By sending in your issues straight to the developers, that's the easiest way to guarantee the issues will be seen: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html
I have it on Xbox, and I will need to take a image of it when I arrive at home. God damn, it was SCARY.
Other people reported the same bug, and it didn't sound pretty, nie there was my issue, rendering was overlapping about 70 percent of the screen and npcs weren't showing a change in position, it was pretty weird, and i will replicate this bug as much as i can to show you how bad it is, i have a screenshot, and the video want uploaded, bummer.
[doublepost=1517930982,1517930930][/doublepost]
No. Mine took two minutes, and I had a bunch of huge AIW and two copies of my original world.

First off I have to say: Pipeworks.... you guys did a freaking fantastic job! I'm so Flippin happy about how everything turned out. I'm so very impressed. You guys need to give eachother high fives because the conversion was fast, my legacy map is perfect! My characters perfect. I've not had a single major problem except for:

Stats for certain weapons text will flicker once in a while and I noticed once that my defence shield will flicker from 0 to my current defence.

My all items legacy map (legit) is laggy as hell as it should be I've maxed out the number of chest I can place and they are all full.

The only disappointment is that I can't crop down my TV screen size so I can't see outer commands but I figured it out through process of elim, which first five mins sucked. After I reconfigured my controller settings, all was awesome. How do I undo buffs. The only thing I can't figure out...

UI is a little tough as there is a lot of realestate there and icons are small.

Other than that, hats off, pipeworks.

PS: Drop rates are incredible!!!

First off I have to say: Pipeworks.... you guys did a freaking fantastic job! I'm so Flippin happy about how everything turned out. I'm so very impressed. You guys need to give eachother high fives because the conversion was fast, my legacy map is perfect! My characters perfect. I've not had a single major problem except for:

Stats for certain weapons text will flicker once in a while and I noticed once that my defence shield will flicker from 0 to my current defence.

My all items legacy map (legit) is laggy as hell as it should be I've maxed out the number of chest I can place and they are all full.

The only disappointment is that I can't crop down my TV screen size so I can't see outer commands but I figured it out through process of elim, which first five mins sucked. After I reconfigured my controller settings, all was awesome. How do I undo buffs. The only thing I can't figure out...

UI is a little tough as there is a lot of realestate there and icons are small.

Other than that, hats off, pipeworks.

PS: Drop rates are incredible!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience @Adam Nowak. For your tv screen, try looking in your tv settings for resolution or scan options and tweak those until you can see everything.

A reminder for everyone...
Where to send Bug Reports
You should not post your bugs in this thread. This following link is what you should use to send in your bug reports. Be as detailed as possible. The more details the better. Using this form gets your info straight to the developers: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Where to send Feedback
For things that are not bugs, but you still want to give some feedback, please post them in the following linked thread. Helpful and polite criticism - both positive and negative - is welcome: Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Check the FAQ and Workarounds
Be sure to check in with the Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ thread. It keeps being updated, and there is a lot of great info there.

Well, I'm going to go sleep.. I have aliens to poke at tomorrow, and I'm going to go harass Hallowed enemies at my underground elemental farm. Maybe this time I can get that stupid enchanted sword banner... Or maybe the blessed apple.

Not sure if it’s a bug or not, but the buff icons are very hard to see and also do not show a timer for how long they last. Also not sure if a bug, but the crimson chasms seem to have an abnormally large mob spawn rates, like, I’ll see like 5-6 blood crawlers/chimaera spawn within like 10 seconds and they don’t stop spawning

Gotta say the update is running smooth, seems to be that way for alot of people. Started a new char on expert mode. Completely fresh,no items from legacy worlds and i love it. Its like im playing it for the first time again. Everythings taking some getting used too, just mean the ui and the crafting interface now, but thats not an issue. Also on my legacy world i have the ninja belt or w.e that lets you dash, i love the new animation. All the new animation is really cool, especially how water flows now. I was very impatient at the beginning, but to have it with minimal issues was worth the wait so i apologize for that. Really cant wait to dive in deeper, i think im going to avoid any boss fights on my legacy worlds untill i get strong enough on my new expert world.

welp i fought the Moon Lord yesterday... for about 30 seconds before i saw inevatably killed by my own stupidity in thinking that i could face him

Hey, anybody have a Last Prism? I'll trade a bunch of other Moon Lord Drops. I will also trade a Cosmic Car Key. I've fought the Moon Lord over 8 times and he wouldn't drop the Last Prism. DM me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom