Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying this isn't a bug, but I just want to clarify a few details.

Safes/banks are inventories associated with the characters, not worlds. A character can take them to different worlds and have the same items in them, and multiple people can share the same safe/bank on a world and see only their own contents.

If your legacy character did not have "a" safe/bank in its regular inventory at the time of conversion, then there is likely no way to associate the contents of the safe/bank with that character. They are just empty containers on a world at that point. If this is the situation you two had, then this is probably the explanation. The conversion process "forgot" that the character had acquired and placed the safes/banks and had those extra inventories, and it really doesn't involve the worlds at all.
That's terrifying lol. Im so glad i kept my bank and safe on my character, i kept all my wings and best items in it along with any very hard to find equips. The update is really wuite fun tho. Although i made a mediumcore character for my expert world & its so brutal dropping every item on death lol

Wow, thanks Pipeworks! My world that I've had for 3 :red:ing years just got randomly deleted. I never play online with others and all of a sudden when I checked my worlds list it was gone. Thanks @ClearConscious
:red: this and :red: you. You had over 2 years to add an update yet you managed to :red: things up more then ever. If this happens with future updates then you should let an team with knowledge do your work. I spent more time on that world then you did working on your job
Whoa, dude. Chill out. @ClearConscious isn’t involved in the production and management of Terraria. It literally says “community manager”. He gives us information on when updates are expected to release and to answer whatever questions someone may have to help us out. Before you start blaming people, check your facts. Re-logic has no way of knowing about every single bug in the game. They release it, we test it out and provide feedback on any bugs we encounter, and they try to find and fix those bugs. If you happen to find a bug, try and see if it has already been reported. If it has, they will probably know a few solutions. If it hasn’t been reported, report it.

....aaand there goes my main world, overwritten by my friends world. my legacy world didnt have much, just a small house with big mines and stuff. plus, all i do is play with my friend anyways. im not mad or upset that the world got deleted, just saying thst pipeworks hopefully can get some patches out soon.

....aaand there goes my main world, overwritten by my friends world. my legacy world didnt have much, just a small house with big mines and stuff. plus, all i do is play with my friend anyways. im not mad or upset that the world got deleted, just saying thst pipeworks hopefully can get some patches out soon.
Sorry to hear that, we've been trying to get the word out to avoid this situation:

Exit all the way out of the app before restarting to join a friend's world; this should avoid having your most recent world overwritten.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/#8

A patch to fix this permanently is in the works.

right after my world got overwritten, this happened.. weird, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 218
This happens to my friends as well
[doublepost=1518292238,1518292208][/doublepost]I also beat the expert moon lord today

I just got my hands on the 1.3 update today. My first impression was great, but I have to say, the menu music of the PC version should be the same as the console version. I find the menu music of the PC way better than the console version.

I ran into that bug with the dyes today while having a look at what I'd gotten for turning in strange plants to the dye trader. My UFO mount turned invisible, so I stopped, put the dyes away, and decided to generate another world to look for more sword shrines.

Generated the new world, loaded in to have a look around...

...and my character was entirely invisible.

I removed all the dyes (even though I was only using basic dyes) and reloaded the world. Still invisible. Went to my main world. Still invisible. I even went to do a fishing quest and not only was my character invisible, so were all the equipment. I could only tell when I had a bite by the splashing animation where the bobber on the fishing line would be if I'd been able to see the bobber.

Exiting the game entirely and then restarting it finally made my character visible again.

I really hope this bug gets fixed soon... It's a wee bit frustrating to have all these new cool dyes and not be able to use them. I have negative dye, hades dye, gel dye, living ocean dye, living rainbow dye, shifting sands dye, mirage dye, reflective dye, and wisp dye sitting in a chest and can't do anything with them till the bug is fixed

I have been farming for the blessed Apple since the update came out and I just got two from some random pixies while looking for a Martian probe -_-

How long until the 1.3.3 update? I really want that Forbidden armor

Once the current 1.3 is stable I think they'll be switching most of their emphasis to the Switch and Mobile versions. You're probably gonna be waiting a while for more content to be added

Once the current 1.3 is stable I think they'll be switching most of their emphasis to the Switch and Mobile versions. You're probably gonna be waiting a while for more content to be added
I mean I'm not gonna lie but I don't think mobile ever will or should get 1.3
[doublepost=1518336759,1518336437][/doublepost]Also ever 6 minutes all of my minions, sentrys, projectiles and my light pet all go invisible. Occasionally when this happens they will all be frozen. Funcionally this has no effect other than being annoying, and Moon Lord becomes 5x harder when you can't see what he's doing. Has anyone else had this problem?

I mean I'm not gonna lie but I don't think mobile ever will or should get 1.3
[doublepost=1518336759,1518336437][/doublepost]Also ever 6 minutes all of my minions, sentrys, projectiles and my light pet all go invisible. Occasionally when this happens they will all be frozen. Funcionally this has no effect other than being annoying, and Moon Lord becomes 5x harder when you can't see what he's doing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Well, they're going to, so all we can do is be patient and wait.

Are you using dyes? Things going invisible is a known bug with the new dyes. Pipeworks is working on fixing it. Try taking all the dyes off and reloading without them.

Nope I don't ever use a single dye.

The only thing I could think of is that I have too many projectiles on the screen at the same time. 10-piece Star Dragon, Lunar Portal, Queen Spider, Frost Hydra, Stardust Guardian, Pigron Mount, Wisp, Sapling, plus spamming Daybreaks might be a little bit too much for the game to handle right now.

Oh well, I can have fun with my new account right now then.

I found a strange plant growing inside my base XD Part of one of the lower floors is still dirt and grass since I've never bothered to change it. Saw something purple and weird-looking obscuring part of the table in that room, so I took a swipe at it and it was a strange plant.

Is it cheap if I put a bed in the nurse’s house to teleport to when I’m low health while fighting the moon lord? Btw the vortex beater needs a buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom