Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they trying to make people quit playing terraria because that’s what it seems like to me

Nope. :p Its a balance issue. No different from other big balance shifts (looking at you original Spectre Gear when you could just stand still and hold LMB and win the game). Sentries are still quite useful even with a limit.

When wearing a familiar shirt it will cause the Arkhalis and yoyos to be invisible.
This is known and has been reported. It seems to just be the Familiar Clothes.

Just confirming TK's statement here. Its known and been reported (iirc a user here had a video/gif of it a week or so ago when this first surfaced, using the Arkhalis).

Reactions:
Nope. :p Its a balance issue. No different from other big balance shifts (looking at you original Spectre Gear when you could just stand still and hold LMB and win the game). Sentries are still quite useful even with a limit.

Just confirming TK's statement here. Its known and been reported (iirc a user here had a video/gif of it a week or so ago when this first surfaced, using the Arkhalis).
Will ok

Hay Loki Will we have mods later on in the future for console preferably Xbox one and PlayStation four

Will ok

Hay Loki Will we have mods later on in the future for console preferably Xbox one and PlayStation four

Generally speaking, Sony/MS do not allow modding - so unless that changes, my guess is that it is doubtful.

That’s not even cool Sony needs to suck it up and give the community a little more content

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Found my first gold grasshopper today. Was running around in a new world looking for strange plants and was using the SE to break the grass, and out it popped. Took some chasing to catch but I got it! Now I just need the gold mouse and gold frog to have a complete set.

Last edited:
Has anyone had a strange bug with the solar eruption/nebula arcanum? Basically, when you enter expert mode (I'm not sure if it needs to be done with a legacy character) you will freeze and take no damage if using these weapons. Will test it out and do a bug report tomorrow.
Just happened to me twice, I summoned the twins and my character froze mid air and was invincible did it again when I summoned the destroyer looks like I'll be putting those items in a chest till the next patch is out

Generally speaking, Sony/MS do not allow modding - so unless that changes, my guess is that it is doubtful.

I'm a little hesitant to go that far, especially with Bethesda getting support for FO4/SSE on the current gen consoles. Going by what was allowed there, I wouldn't at all be surprised if MS allowed third party mods to exist so long as achievements were disabled, and are pretty lax in terms of what you can/can't do with the mods. Sony is a little more strict when it comes to mods, they'd allow gameplay changes, but no custom content.

I think the bigger question to ask is how they would go about allowing this to happen, IE: Would the team need to develop a SDK, etc, or if they would go as far as allowing a community tool such as tModLoader to be the base for that. Either way, it's not something I'd say "It's never happening" for, but more or less something that would probably not happen for a while without a line of communication between MS/Sony and Re-Logic.

Outside of this, could you ask PipeWorks to publish a list of Known Bugs so we're aware of what is already on the list.

Can this forcefully be grown underground

I’m talking about the fiery grass looking stuff

Attachments

• 2DECDB52-CDA8-4D19-8325-0A6250862469.jpeg
    2DECDB52-CDA8-4D19-8325-0A6250862469.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
Moss? So that's what that purple stuff is. My world is overflowing with the stuff. Mostly the purple. I'd love to spread the fire moss but I don't have any in my main world. Can I use the staff of regrowth to generate some in the lava caverns?

Lot of puttering today. I generated a new small world to test something for Loki (results will be posted in the other thread) and spent most of the evening there, mostly fighting and killing stuff. Decided to fight the Eater of Worlds (it was a Corruption world) so I went to smash some shadow orbs. Had a meteorite hit while I was doing so. Finding where that meteorite landed took some doing... It managed to hit one of the vertical shafts in the Corruption and burst at the very bottom. I couldn't see it until I ran past the spot (for the third time XP) at night and saw a glow underground.

When I went back to my main world I loaded my ranger and decided to go poke a giant plant and a flying pig-fish. So I got my potions and my ammo and went to test my new gear against plantera. She went down quick.

Had to go back to base to grab a truffle worm since I'd forgotten to bring one. Then headed for the far left ocean, my usual spot for fighting Duke Fishron since my far right ocean has gotten... mangled. It's been hit so many times by meteors the water level has dropped significantly.

But when I got to the far left ocean...

Do the Hallow and the Crimson/Corruption spread through Hell? When I beat the Wall of Flesh and generated the Hallow for the first time it spawned on the right side of my jungle; the jungle was between it and the ocean. According to the wiki the Hallow can't spread through mud so the jungle should have stopped it. But it managed to jump to the far side of the massive underground jungle, and when I reached the ocean to fight Fishron the whole thing had turned into a Hallowed beach. Was the spread speed increased in 1.3?

I killed the fish boss, then loaded my melee character and carved out a trench, which I then went down and sprayed the whole thing with green solution to change the ocean back. Was not easy to do since there's a significant piece of terrain beyond the edge of the screen. I had to stand at the very edge and spray blindly into the distance because I could not walk any farther.

Do the Hallow and the Crimson/Corruption spread through Hell? When I beat the Wall of Flesh and generated the Hallow for the first time it spawned on the right side of my jungle; the jungle was between it and the ocean. According to the wiki the Hallow can't spread through mud so the jungle should have stopped it. But it managed to jump to the far side of the massive underground jungle, and when I reached the ocean to fight Fishron the whole thing had turned into a Hallowed beach. Was the spread speed increased in 1.3?

Would have to have seen the V and what all it touched - was there any angle for it to move around the mud, etc.

Also could have happened via Altar destruction (which has a 2/3 chance to create a randomly placed ebon/crim/pearl stone block in the world)

Would have to have seen the V and what all it touched - was there any angle for it to move around the mud, etc.

Also could have happened via Altar destruction (which has a 2/3 chance to create a randomly placed ebon/crim/pearl stone block in the world)

The Hallow side of the V spawned on the right edge of the jungle. Above and underneath there was no way to get around the mud.

Huh. I knew that breaking the altars could create a crimstone block but not a Hallow block. I only ever broke three of them, enough to spawn the new ores but not create too many new patches of stuff to purify. Is there any point to breaking more than three altars?

The Hallow side of the V spawned on the right edge of the jungle. Above and underneath there was no way to get around the mud.

Huh. I knew that breaking the altars could create a crimstone block but not a Hallow block. I only ever broke three of them, enough to spawn the new ores but not create too many new patches of stuff to purify. Is there any point to breaking more than three altars?

Yeah, each new altar creates more of the HM ores (in the same pattern/order as with the first three), though with strongly diminishing returns. If memory serves, its something like 10-12 to reach 2x the initial allotment of ores.... and then a TON more to reach triple.

Pretty sure it adds one bad and one "good" stone (or at least a chance at it) - if we could see the map spread, it would be clear if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom