Terraria 1.3: Xbox One Submission Approved! Launches Monday, February 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, each new altar creates more of the HM ores (in the same pattern/order as with the first three), though with strongly diminishing returns. If memory serves, its something like 10-12 to reach 2x the initial allotment of ores.... and then a TON more to reach triple.

Pretty sure it adds one bad and one "good" stone (or at least a chance at it) - if we could see the map spread, it would be clear if that was the case.

Getting a picture of my map will be a bit of a challenge... My Xbox doesn't take screenshots (first-gen machine, apparently) so I have to use an actual camera. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
Getting a picture of my map will be a bit of a challenge... My Xbox doesn't take screenshots( first-gen machine, apparently) so I have to use an actual camera. I'll see what I can do.

Heh, I had to do the same this morning with my iphone. :p

Heh, I had to do the same this morning with my iphone. :p

If I remember I'll try to add lines to show where the original V was... it's spread quite a bit since. Some parts of the map, 'specially on the edges, are still not filled out fully, and it's going to be awkward doing so now that maps don't fill out the same way. I filled in a few blank spaces while un-Hallowing my ocean and the newly filled in spots look faded against the rest of the map.

Phase dye Looks good on the characters but not the pets I hope this gets looked over and get fixed

Attachments

• 2F2424FF-ADAE-4FB4-AA94-4539261BF2F1.jpeg
    2F2424FF-ADAE-4FB4-AA94-4539261BF2F1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 165
I've had 3 meteorites hit and all 3 have been under ground. It's like the impact crater spawned in about 50 blocks under the surface.

Is this a new feature or bug?

Interesting - can you nab a pic of the map?

I’ve had three as well, all normal spawns.

I had a meteorite hit one of the vertical shafts in the Corruption and burst at the bottom recently. Couldn't see it till I ran past at night and saw the glow.

Here is half my world, @Loki...

https://i.imgur.com/pix4XZZ.jpg

The black lines show roughly where the original slash of Hallow generated. The problem area is over on the far left. See how the jungle cuts it off? Either the Underground Hallow spread through the Underworld (I found water down there and water isn't supposed to exist in Hell) or a random pearlstone block has been going crazy over there.

And is the Hallow supposed to spread this fast??

That thick reddish line is a barrier of bricks I had to build to hopefully stop the Hallow from spreading. I purified the ocean three times just while I was over there building. And those bricks are right at the very edge of how far the character can go; all that pearlsand is off the edge of the screen. I have stood right at the edge and spent half a stack of green solution spraying it down, removing all visible Hallowed blocks, but it keeps coming back. Apparently off in the black there's a Hallowed block I can't see or reach, and it spreads far too fast.

This is a post-Plantera world, btw. I've killed Plantera many times to farm her rare drops. Isn't killing the giant jungle weed supposed to slow the spreading?

And is the Hallow supposed to spread this fast??

That depends - how long has it been left to grow over there.... and when did it start? It could have been the first altar you broke, as a worst case scenario.

EDIT: finally got the video to load... is that in actual real time? I have admittedly never watched hallow grow on the map, but that looks awfully fast.

sn't killing the giant jungle weed supposed to slow the spreading?

Indeed - to 1/3 the HM rate. Are you saying that has not occurred... or that you do not know (because of the first Q above)

That depends - how long has it been left to grow over there.... and when did it start? It could have been the first altar you broke, as a worst case scenario.

EDIT: finally got the video to load... is that in actual real time? I have admittedly never watched hallow grow on the map, but that looks awfully fast.

Indeed - to 1/3 the HM rate. Are you saying that has not occurred... or that you do not know (because of the first Q above)

Yes, that video is in realtime. That Hallow has been growing over there for months... I first spotted patches of it four or five months ago, maybe even longer but I didn't think much of it b/c I only went over there to fish, fight Fishron, or for the honey in the world's single beehive. But since the update the spread rate has exploded. Just building that brick barrier I had to hose down the ground with green solution three times to keep it in check, and that's after having had to purify the whole damn section from the world border to the edge of the jungle yesterday.

It was slowed down. Spread rate was crawling before. But it's suddenly accelerated and I don't know why.

Yes, that video is in realtime. That Hallow has been growing over there for months... I first spotted patches of it four or five months ago, maybe even longer but I didn't think much of it b/c I only went over there to fish, fight Fishron, or for the honey in the world's single beehive. But since the update the spread rate has exploded. Just building that brick barrier I had to hose down the ground with green solution three times to keep it in check, and that's after having had to purify the whole damn section from the world border to the edge of the jungle yesterday.

It was slowed down. Spread rate was crawling before. But it's suddenly accelerated and I don't know why.

Confirmed on PC build just now that this appears to be a normal/expected rate in a sand-based biome (I have never watched it grow on a map before, so I will stand corrected).

Sand/Beaches are by far the fastest to convert - because they grow in all directions vs 2-dimensions like with stone/dirt.

Confirmed on PC build just now that this appears to be a normal/expected rate in a sand-based biome (I have never watched it grow on a map before, so I will stand corrected).

Sand/Beaches are by far the fastest to convert - because they grow in all directions vs 2-dimensions like with stone/dirt.

That is freakily fast. Hopefully a 7-block-wide brick barrier will keep my ocean from converting again, except for that chunk that's beyond the edge where the player character can go.

Why there is so much terrain we can't see or get to, though, I do not understand.

Well that sucks because that vanity set looks so cool I like Loki’s vanity set to so I guess is what I’m going to stick with for a while

I've actually been bitten by a spider. Thankfully there are no really poisonous ones where I live, but it still hurt XP
Yeah some of the middle of the little too quick for me to have never been bitten by one and don’t want to that’s why I keep away from them if I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom