Portfolio/Multi-Topic Terraria 1.4 Update - Plumbing, Martians, and Spacemen, Oh my!

Whoa, I think this is getting redundant, you guys are just repeating what other people are saying(Same for the author).
And I like the portal gun teleportation idea. (Maybe you can craft a lunar portal gun that can take you the moon.)

Whoa, I think this is getting redundant, you guys are just repeating what other people are saying(Same for the author).
And I like the portal gun teleportation idea. (Maybe you can craft a lunar portal gun that can take you the moon.)
That does sound cool. But, dimensions would take FOREVER to make.

No. Just no.

@TheBanditBK

When providing criticism for suggestions, it is expected you provide your reasoning to why you don't support a suggestion. Or to give constructive criticism on how to improve the suggestion.

Posts such as this are uncalled for and rude to the suggestion maker. In the future, please be respectful with your reasoning of why you don't support a suggestion, or do not post at all.

Here are our policies about making suggestions and providing feedback for suggestions below, I'd recommend reading them:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/player-suggestions-rules-guidelines.294/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...forum-behavior-update-as-of-august-28th.9304/

I will give you some personal thoughts on each and every one.
  • Plumber NPC sells plumbing tools and fixes plumbing. Default weapon is a wrench. Appears after putting a sink/toilet/shower/tub in your adobe : Too vague and doesn't seem to be required and / or wanted
  • Martian NPC sells martian stuff. Default weapon is an SDMG. Found in binds in a granite cave after Martian Madness is complete : SDMG ? A real one ? Also, also unnecessary and / or unwanted. And by then that's late game, you would find the npc in no time.
  • Ability to change NPC weapons : Interesting, no comment.
  • Ability to trade with NPCS : Too vague, but if you mean to give them items so they could permanently sell it, op.
  • NPCs now collect items and give them to you : Terraria is for everything to be done for you. This isn't Towns.
  • NPCs now explore caves, spelunk, fix homes, and cut trees : What is the use? More so, AI is too complicated.
  • All enemies have graphical degrades once taking enough damage : I like this idea
  • NPCs now eat food : What's the point
  • Paper added to make maps to put on walls : What's the point
  • New spell, named Solar Flare, has a 12.4% chance to drop from the Moon Lord : And what does it do...
  • New Lunar biome appears once the Moon Lord is defeated, which requires a Portal Gun to be accessed, complete with new enemies, including an alt of the Meteor Head mob called Lunar Face, a theme, and a new boss... : It has been confirmed there cannot be another dimension / world. Considering how you said it requires a Portal Gun to be accessed, pretty sure you meant it means a new dimension. If not, then it would have to be small, and therefore just another Temple to add more to the height of the skyscraper.
  • The Wall of Steel. It has 4 parts: Mechanical Eye, Mechanical Flamethrower, and Mechanical Biter, each with 160000 HP. Once the three are destroyed, the last part, the Wall of Steel Database, is revealed. It will fire beams at the player but do nothing else. After it takes 900000 damage, it explodes and drops items. It requires the Cybernetic Arm, which drops from a Guidebot 2.0, to be dropped into a lunar chasm on the moon to be summoned : Unoriginal and not needed
  • There is now an achievement for having a Mining Helmet, Mining Shirt, and Mining Pants on while riding in a Minecart called, "True Miner" : No comment
  • There is an achievement for defeating the Wall of Steel called, "Man of Steel" : No comment
  • The achievement for defeating the Moon Lord has been renamed to, "Lunar Conquer" : Catchy I guess
  • The Wall of Steel drops the following: True Terra Blade (100% chance, 600 damage, fires 3 beams at once.), Moon Cheese (60% chance, summons a Moon pet.), Wall of Steel Mask (14.29% chance, vanity.), Lunar Helmet+Lunar Suit+Lunar Boots (30.9% chance, 40 defense (helm), 45 defense (suit), 39 defense (boots), set bonus: allows probe scrambling ability.) Lunar Wings (1.5% chance, 150% flight power/admin wing powers.) : Unoriginal and wayyyyy tooooooo op
  • There is an achievement called, "One small step for man..." which is obtained by making a house on a lunar biome : I like the achievement name and idea, but biome wouldn't work rip
  • There is a Starbound easter egg in this game, which features a statue of Ty, developer of Starbound, in Terraria character form : Would never be done
  • Wood can now be dyed, but the items from the dyed wood will not stay dye : No comment
  • The Moon has metal parts on it after the Wall of Steel has been defeated : No comment

unknown.png

Not sure if it's fake, but Im seeing it everywhere.

Tell me guys what you think about this update idea. Like it? Great! Don't like it? That's fine, as long as you aren't a hater.[/QUOTE]
There will be no 1.4. Sorry to disappoint you.

HEY! you're not a developer, so what do YOU know? I know this is not original and stuff, but STILL. there's a 50% chance of getting 1.4 and the achievement 'True miner' is really good.

HEY! you're not a developer, so what do YOU know? I know this is not original and stuff, but STILL. there's a 50% chance of getting 1.4 and the achievement 'True miner' is really good.

That was WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY before 1.4 got confirmed and was told that is was most likely not going to happen. Check the dates of posts, it helps.

I said 50% chance, as in 50% not likely to happen -_-
I know, but you said 'You're not a developer, you wouldn't know' as a response to '1.4 is likely not going to happen.' This was stated in a time where it was told that 1.4 wasn't going to be made. And yes, I do agree that some ideas are okay.

Last edited:
Well, I have come up with some ideas for a Terraria 1.4, be prepared, this post is massive.
The update includes:
  • Plumber NPC sells plumbing tools and fixes plumbing. Default weapon is a wrench. Appears after putting a sink/toilet/shower/tub in your adobe.
  • Martian NPC sells martian stuff. Default weapon is an SDMG. Found in binds in a granite cave after Martian Madness is complete.
  • Ability to change NPC weapons.
  • Ability to trade with NPCS.
  • NPCs now collect items and give them to you.
  • NPCs now explore caves, spelunk, fix homes, and cut trees.
  • All enemies have graphical degrades once taking enough damage.
  • NPCs now eat food.
  • Paper added to make maps to put on walls.
  • New spell, named Solar Flare, has a 12.4% chance to drop from the Moon Lord.
  • New Lunar biome appears once the Moon Lord is defeated, which requires a Portal Gun to be accessed, complete with new enemies, including an alt of the Meteor Head mob called Lunar Face, a theme, and a new boss...
  • The Wall of Steel. It has 4 parts: Mechanical Eye, Mechanical Flamethrower, and Mechanical Biter, each with 160000 HP. Once the three are destroyed, the last part, the Wall of Steel Database, is revealed. It will fire beams at the player but do nothing else. After it takes 900000 damage, it explodes and drops items. It requires the Cybernetic Arm, which drops from a Guidebot 2.0, to be dropped into a lunar chasm on the moon to be summoned.
  • There is now an achievement for having a Mining Helmet, Mining Shirt, and Mining Pants on while riding in a Minecart called, "True Miner".
  • There is an achievement for defeating the Wall of Steel called, "Man of Steel".
  • The achievement for defeating the Moon Lord has been renamed to, "Lunar Conquer".
  • The Wall of Steel drops the following: True Terra Blade (100% chance, 600 damage, fires 3 beams at once.), Moon Cheese (60% chance, summons a Moon pet.), Wall of Steel Mask (14.29% chance, vanity.), Lunar Helmet+Lunar Suit+Lunar Boots (30.9% chance, 40 defense (helm), 45 defense (suit), 39 defense (boots), set bonus: allows probe scrambling ability.) Lunar Wings (1.5% chance, 150% flight power/admin wing powers.)
  • There is an achievement called, "One small step for man..." which is obtained by making a house on a lunar biome.
  • There is a Starbound easter egg in this game, which features a statue of Ty, developer of Starbound, in Terraria character form.
  • Wood can now be dyed, but the items from the dyed wood will not stay dyed.
  • The Moon has metal parts on it after the Wall of Steel has been defeated.
YOYOYOYOYO! TOO OP!!!!!
[doublepost=1524319442,1524319324][/doublepost]Hmmm... I don't know, alot of things are way to Op. I like the idea of the "True Miner" achievment, but the rest... :/

I don't understand why a Starbound easter egg should be added to Terraria.
I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but Starbound is 100% unrelated to Terraria unless you count the genre.

Ok that was.. weird?, At least you will get a + for the Effort... Of typing.. Yeah, sure...
I ain't lying, These ideas need a lot of work, Like A LOT, No offense

Back
Top Bottom