Other Terraria 2 - Ideas

GodlikeWraith

Terrarian
Terraria 2

Here is what I think Terraria 2 should have. Keep in mind the thread is nowhere near done, and I will be adding more to it as I get more ideas for what I imagine Terraria 2 should be

How would Terraria 2 be different than Terraria?

• Terraria 2 would feature infinite* worlds. This would mean it would also have to be PC only (unless a console mode without infinite worlds was made). Huge landmasses divided by Huge masses of water. Players could find new continents and name them, explore them and change them.
  • Biomes would be diverse. Not every biome would be identical, even if they are the same biome. One Jungle biome might contain different plants, trees, bosses, enemies and even items and ores than another Jungle Biome. This would encourage the exploration of the world.
  • Almost Completely new bosses. Some of the original bosses would be put in Terraria 2, however alot of new bosses would be made to give the player new bosses with new mechanics to make Terraria 2 a more fresh experience.
  • New NPCs, ores, accessories biomes, overhaul to hardmode and pre-hardmode. Thats right, the direct sequel to the game will be almost completely changed.
  • Similar core mechanics and gameplay. The gameplay would be quite similar, to keep the original Terraria experience.
  • AND MORE! (to be added when I have the time)
*Infinite as in very large, if it was truly infinite that would be devastating to most players as the game would lag like hell

List of Biomes that will be featured in Terraria 2
  • Crystal Biome
  • Frost Biome
  • Jungle Biome
  • Forest Biome
  • Granite/Marble Biome
  • Desert Biome
  • Volcanic Biome
  • Glowshroom Biome
  • Purity Biome
  • Wicked Biome
  • Ocean Biome
  • Island Biome
  • Dungeon
  • Skyland
  • Underworld
Each Biome (excluding Granite/Marble, Wicked, Purity) would have their own corresponding boss that must be defeated atleast once to advance further into the game.

Links to the features, in detail None of the links currently work, I will be adding the link to each one that I do it, this may take a couple of days or so to create each thread with detail

These links will take you to a thread that explains said feature in more detail eg. what spawns there, ores found, enemies.. etc
*Link to Biomes
*Link to NPCs
*Link to Accessories
*Link to Armours
*Link to Tools
*Link to Weapons
*Link to Bosses
*Link to Enemies
*Link to Dungeon
*Link to Skyland
*Link to Underworld

-----------------------------------------------------

*Link to First Phase (Pre-Pre-Hardmode) *the when-you-first-spawn difficulty
*Link to Second Phase (Pre-Hardmode to Early Hardmode) *WoF to Mechanical difficulty
*Link to Third Phase (Hardmode) *Post Plantera difficulty
*Link to Final Phase (Endgame) *Post-Moonlord Difficulty and harder

First, Second, Third and Final Phase? What?
The name for difficulty of the game in Terraria 2, the game would be split into 4 Phases, getting to the next phase unlocks more content, and makes the game harder. To get to the next phase will usually be achieved once the final boss of that phase is killed.

Wait, what?

I feel like I missed something massive here. Terraria 2? Are you suggesting a Terraria 2 or are you talking about Otherworld? Is this an addition to Terraria or an actual sequel?

If it's the latter, I don't think this is the right place to make this suggestion - or that any such suggestion would ever be taken. This looks more mod territory to me. I don't speak for Re-Logic, but I cannot possibly see this going anywhere. Even the most ambitious suggestions here - and the new biomes, massive world size, multiple continents, and so forth would all be enormous suggestions on their own - stick within the scope of Terraria itself. Suggesting a sequel and then dictating the terms and format of the sequel is pointless. They're already working on a sequel and this isn't it.

Also, if it's not infinite, it's not infinite - so just say 'really big.' Otherwise you're just being misleading.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting a Terraria 2 or are you talking about Otherworld?
'Terraria 2' and 'Terraria: Otherworld' are both confirmed, separate games, and Terraria 2 will likely be similar to Terraria 1. That being said,
...This would mean it would also have to be PC only (unless a console mode without infinite worlds was made...
Why PC only? The only reason Terraria 1 doesn't have infinite worlds is because it loads the entire thing at once. Minecraft, however, (don't get mad, it's just the closest thing) only loads a certain area at a time, thus allowing infinite worlds. With consoles like the Xbox One X, I'm certain that they could do infinite worlds.

'Terraria 2' and 'Terraria: Otherworld' are both confirmed, separate games, and Terraria 2 will likely be similar to Terraria 1. That being said,

Why PC only? The only reason Terraria 1 doesn't have infinite worlds is because it loads the entire thing at once. Minecraft, however, (don't get mad, it's just the closest thing) only loads a certain area at a time, thus allowing infinite worlds. With consoles like the Xbox One X, I'm certain that they could do infinite worlds.

Terraria: Otherworld got cancelled and I have heard nothing about Terraria 2, so I think it would be nice to see fans' ideas for a Terraria 2.
Yes I know you can't really make sequels to games like terraria or minecraft and this type of content could easily just be done with mods, but I think that it would be cool to see sequels for minecraft, terraria and other games like them, even though they are meant to be single experiences that get updated overtime.

Back
Top Bottom