3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Found another bug, unfortunately.`:(
-The Blood Moon has the Underworld Music.
Well it's safe to say that the "Eerie" track was replaced with the "Underworld" track, because it also plays near a crashed meteorite :naughty:

(I'm not complaining though. It's one of my top 5 favorite tracks in the game.)

I will post updates in the third post in this thread, but the news is the Leaf Crystal projectiles are to blame and we've got a fix. We're testing now to see if any other projectile-type buff effects cause the same issue.

Every update just seems like bug fixes of the last update, but with a healthy batch of new, more deadlier bugs. :confused:

I wonder if it was a different team working on this would we still be getting all these issues popping up? Why is this such a buggy version of the game? Is it an issue with the hardware? How small is the team working on it?

One thing's for sure, whoever's working on it seems to be having a hard time.

Codeglue don't even mention this version of the game on their website or twitter. They are probably ashamed of it. :(Maybe they're stretched a bit thin with all of their other projects and this one is a low priority for them.

I'm not trolling, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this version is so... cursed.

Good luck with the next update...

Every update just seems like bug fixes of the last update, but with a healthy batch of new, more deadlier bugs. :confused:

I wonder if it was a different team working on this would we still be getting all these issues popping up? Why is this such a buggy version of the game? Is it an issue with the hardware? How small is the team working on it?

One thing's for sure, whoever's working on it seems to be having a hard time.

Codeglue don't even mention this version of the game on their website or twitter. They are probably ashamed of it. :(Maybe they're stretched a bit thin with all of their other projects and this one is a low priority for them.

I'm not trolling, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this version is so... cursed.

Good luck with the next update...

It's just a difficult job I believe. Coding is never easy, especially when it comes to ports too. I think I remember them saying that they only have a small team, so they can't exactly test everything before releasing the updates, there is just too much in the game. It's difficult to ever have a bug free game sadly. Even 1.3.4 on PC was quite buggy, they had to release quite a few hot fixes. Luckily it is so much easier to update the game for PC than it is for Nintendo (with the waiting period and all that).

The Chlorophyte Armor bug was an unfortunate side effect of a completely unrelated issue. Obviously we test around fixes carefully, but in this instance a leak has sprung in a completely different part of the code. From our tests today the same issue doesn't appear to affect other projectile interactions, and is instead specific to that armor combo. We hate missing things like this, but the reality is you can't check every last item is still working each time you make a new fix. We test as much as we can, and this one got through.

Nintendo has indicated a willingness to help us speed through the hotfix, but please enjoy non-Chlorophyte fun in the meantime with your turkey.

The latest info will always be in this thread, and I'll update you as we go.

Sorry to report, but duke fishron drops lesser healing potions instead of greater healing potions:(
All of his other drops work fine:cool:

The Chlorophyte Armor bug was an unfortunate side effect of a completely unrelated issue. Obviously we test around fixes carefully, but in this instance a leak has sprung in a completely different part of the code. From our tests today the same issue doesn't appear to affect other projectile interactions, and is instead specific to that armor combo. We hate missing things like this, but the reality is you can't check every last item is still working each time you make a new fix. We test as much as we can, and this one got through.

Nintendo has indicated a willingness to help us speed through the hotfix, but please enjoy non-Chlorophyte fun in the meantime with your turkey.

The latest info will always be in this thread, and I'll update you as we go.

thanks for all you're doing with getting the update out fast and all. just thought I'd say I personally wouldn't mind waiting a little more if you guys were able to fix the wrong music issues as well :indifferent:

thanks for all you're doing with getting the update out fast and all. just thought I'd say I personally wouldn't mind waiting a little more if you guys were able to fix the wrong music issues as well :indifferent:

Definitely looking into that. Keep the info rolling in here and we'll do our best to react to it.

Definitely looking into that. Keep the info rolling in here and we'll do our best to react to it.

Heya, @Deanzor, I've been wondering, if Terraria can Handle most of the fps, can you add mounts to the game, like the bee, slime, And bunny mounts? I'm really hoping so, I've been so sad that I haven't been able to. Please and thank you!! happy Turkey Day/Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom