3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

I can't seem to find the update in my country's eShop, was the European release cancelled until the bugs are fixed?

I was able to download the update around 10-11am this morning.

That was how I was able to report my findings earlier (such as the sword projectile glitch)

I was able to download the update around 10-11am this morning.

That was how I was able to report my findings earlier (such as the sword projectile glitch)

from the eShop or did it ask you to update? either way it's not on mine, I'm in Portugal by the way

EDIT: it didn't ask me to update and wasn't showing up on the eShop but I checked on the eShop settings for updates and it was there, updating now

from the eShop or did it ask you to update? either way it's not on mine, I'm in Portugal by the way

EDIT: it didn't ask me to update and wasn't showing up on the eShop but I checked on the eShop settings for updates and it was there, updating now

None of my games ever ask me to update. But I guess that is because of something in my settings maybe :p But yeah, I guess some countries just update later than others (I thought it would all do it at the same time though). It surprised me that the update was available in the morning here though, it is usually only available after 4pm in the UK most of the time.

I wish this was the music playing on the beach, it's one of my favorite Terraria songs

my game crashed as soon as I started jumping around a new world with my old character, I have turtle armor ;(

I'm curious, I know this isn't a bug but it's standing out as an anomaly to me; I'm seeing giant turtles spawn way more often in the underground jungle. I know they're capable of doing so in the first place, but they're showing up a LOT more now. I've almost died to them while going through two worlds to round up some Chlorophyte. Could anyone else venture into the underground jungle and see if I'm not the only one dealing with a mass turtle breakout? :happy:
its crazy i was exploring a new expanded world and the jungle area was spawning all creatures in crazy numbers including the turtles.

its crazy i was exploring a new expanded world and the jungle area was spawning all creatures in crazy numbers including the turtles.
Yeah, I noticed that the spawn rates for all enemies has increased significantly. I was trying to build a minecart track through the corruption and I was attacked by 5-10 corruptors constantly :eek:

The world was new and it turtles were spawning already? Woah.
[doublepost=1480099084,1480098750][/doublepost]
I need some more help with this. Which item are you using? Is it a ranged weapon or something? Walk me through the steps. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scrollwheel' and all the subsequent steps about how the selection changes.

If you can walk me through a simple series of steps that'll help? I can spawn in items, so just tell me what to use, and where I need to tap to make it malfunction. Thanks in advance.
I've actually dealt with this a lot in the previous version. I think I submitted it as well. It's quite the nuisance when you have a lot of materials you need to use and you can't use the touch screen to scroll through and select. I knew exactly what that guy was talking about. Here's a visual for you.

Cheers for the vid, @Master Yuso. Reproduced this earlier, can't believe I've not been told about that one before! Will have an update on that on Monday.

Regarding the spawn rates seeming high: when I ask the devs about those, they'll likely say 'we've not changed anything there... what should the spawn rates be?' And at that point, I need to get them numbers to change.

To help us assess if that's something we need to drill into, if you're seeing this issue can you answer me these questions:

1. Which creature are you seeing spawn more than you expect?
2. Where is this happening?
3. Is this in Hardmode or not?
4. How much more regular are the spawns from what you expect? A bit on the high side? Double what you'd expect? Etc.
5. Is this just 'different' or is it damaging to your experience? How so?
6. What are you benchmarking against to suspect the spawn rates are high? Previous 3DS? PC version? Which PC version, if so?
7. Which console are you playing on, and is this a Normal or Expanded World?

Thanks for your help in advance, it really does help us make things better.

Cheers for the vid, @Master Yuso. Reproduced this earlier, can't believe I've not been told about that one before! Will have an update on that on Monday.

Regarding the spawn rates seeming high: when I ask the devs about those, they'll likely say 'we've not changed anything there... what should the spawn rates be?' And at that point, I need to get them numbers to change.

To help us assess if that's something we need to drill into, if you're seeing this issue can you answer me these questions:

4. How much more regular are the spawns from what you expect? A bit on the high side? Double what you'd expect? Etc.
6. What are you benchmarking against to suspect the spawn rates are high? Previous 3DS? PC version? Which PC version, if so?

Well, here's my feedback regarding it.
1. Giant Turtle, Chimera, Lava Bat, Jungle Bat, Ice Slime [This is just from regular gameplay for me.]
2. Jungle, Crimson, and Snow biomes [surface and below] and Underworld
3. Both normal and hardmode
4. To me, the rate of 1 seems to have jumped to 3. [i.e., Within a 100 block radius, I'd get a giant turtle to show up every 2 minutes. Now moving 100 blocks away, I'll see another within 20 seconds.]
5. It's making it a bit difficult, having nearly died with an endgame character; Being mercilessly chased down by a horde of Crimson enemies with a new player in a new world.
6. My contrast would be previous 3DS versions and 1.3.X on PC.
7. New 3DS XL, noticed on both normal and expanded worlds.

I'd just like to say that it almost feels as if it were spawning for more than a single player. From what I remember, in multiplayer, enemies spawn according to each individual player. So it feels as though my one player is treated as multiple with how many enemies are showing up.

This might not go with this conversation but @Deanzor have you and the rest of the team thought (NOTE thought) about any exclusive features for the 3ds version besides the zapinator.

Well besides corruptors, it seems like every creature's spawnrate has increased, but I think it got worse in hardmode. I don't think this ruins the game (like how it makes it easier to harvest certain items, such as souls) but in some situations, like how I was building a minecart track and I was ambushed by corruptors, it can be annoying. Compared to spawnrate on the PC version, I think the PC versions spawnrates are actually less. I play on my New 3DS with an expanded world

Well besides corruptors, it seems like every creature's spawnrate has increased, but I think it got worse in hardmode. I don't think this ruins the game (like how it makes it easier to harvest certain items, such as souls) but in some situations, like how I was building a minecart track and I was ambushed by corruptors, it can be annoying. Compared to spawnrate on the PC version, I think the PC versions spawnrates are actually less. I play on my New 3DS with an expanded world

Suggest getting a minion setup to take care of enemies while your building your mine cart track.

So I may just be missing something here, but aren't you supposed to be able to craft cloud walls with just a workbench?

This is just a general question about coding things but how much ram is required for the martian madness event? It's a much smaller event then the celestial pillars and the moon lord. a Also one question about the holy arrows and snowman cannon being bugged. What exactly caused the snowman cannon to shoot in an arc and not home in? Was it like that in mobile? And for holy arrows since they are exactly like the stars of the star veil would there be a way to make them drop stars as intended? Finally one last thing I've noticed about some other ranged weapons being bugged is that the exploding bullets don't damage the user like they should and when I hit a enemy with hellfire arrows using the tsunami only 1 arrow deals damage while the others don't. The flower pow doesn't shoot petals either for some reason. Finally I think their could be a way to add the pillar weapons which would be to make them sold by these NPC's for 4 platinum each: the vortex beater and phantasm from the arms dealer, the stardust dragon/stardust cell from the witch doctor, the solar eruption and daybreak sold from the goblin tinkerer and the nebula blaze and nebula arcanum from the wizard.

Yeah, I noticed that the spawn rates for all enemies has increased significantly. I was trying to build a minecart track through the corruption and I was attacked by 5-10 corruptors constantly :eek:

Interesting. I just came to report that, on a new expanded world, with a new character... I walked from the centre to both sides of the map and didn't encounter any slimes. I found enemies in the jungle... But that's it. I didn't have much time to check though.

@Deanzor I looked up some 1.3 videos on YouTube and they have this track as the ocean theme, is it possible for us to get it too?
thanks in advance

20161125_203022.jpg

This is what I mean by crazy spawnrates:eek:

@Guido65 I'm guessing it takes up a lot of RAM considering how many enemies are in vs the new AI mechanics, the new weapon drops, blocks, etc. all of that has to be remembered by the game itself. that and I'm sure it'd be a pain due to the resolution of the game on 3DS. You might not even be able to see the giant UFO firing down at you.

Back
Top Bottom