3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

You're still able to fight with your character if it has Chlorophyte Armor as long as you don't try to open a chest or anything inventory related. Also you can turn off the building grid.
You say that I can turn off the building grid, how can I do that then?

Last edited:
The world was new and it turtles were spawning already? Woah.
[doublepost=1480099084,1480098750][/doublepost]
I've actually dealt with this a lot in the previous version. I think I submitted it as well. It's quite the nuisance when you have a lot of materials you need to use and you can't use the touch screen to scroll through and select. I knew exactly what that guy was talking about. Here's a visual for you.

1. Creatures: Phantom armor, clinger, toxic sludge, moss hornet, angry trapper, giant turtles
2. Whers: Jungle
3. Hardmode: Yes
4. How much more regular are the spawns: Double at least, maybe a bit more.
5. Is this just 'different' or is it damaging: Building in junglel biome (like an arena) is constantly swapping between weapon and build tools. It's a bombardment like the blood moon.
6. What are you benchmarking against to suspect the spawn rates are high? Previous 3DS? PC version? Which PC version, if so? I've been playing 3DS ver since launch, and previously on PC.
7. Which console are you playing on, and is this a Normal or Expanded World? Regular ol 3DS

Otherwise wanted to applaud the crash fixes. My game used to crash at least once per play session, but no crashes since the update for several days solid!

@Deanzor
You probably have seen this bug here already, but mana stars don't visibly increase the amount of mana my character has. I'm also unsure if it did increase my total mana, but re logging didn't fix the visible star amounts

Tried to take a screen showing the spawn rate onslaught.

WVW69j1uV4s2LAai2w

WVW69j1uiBwBFc2uC1

Last edited:
@Deanzor
You probably have seen this bug here already, but mana stars don't visibly increase the amount of mana my character has. I'm also unsure if it did increase my total mana, but re logging didn't fix the visible star amounts
Even after the latest update (1.0 4)? I remember people mentioning it when the game first came out, but not recently. I don't have this issue on my latest character.

Even after the latest update (1.0 4)? I remember people mentioning it when the game first came out, but not recently. I don't have this issue on my latest character.
I have a slight update for that, it only works when not done from the hot bar. If a mana star is selected in your inventory when you close your inventory they get deleted from the game, with sometimes showing the effect of you using it. This is also true for heart crystals. I lost 4 mana stars and 2 heart crystals trying to figure this out. @Deanzor can you see if this is recreatible on any dev N3DS's.
[doublepost=1480275608,1480275530][/doublepost]
Tried to take a screen showing the spawn rate onslaught.

WVW69j1uV4s2LAai2w

WVW69j1uiBwBFc2uC1
The spawn rates are a bit higher then normal. I think this could be a side effect of making everything a bit toughened.
[doublepost=1480275691][/doublepost]@Deanzor, is there any chance of NPC's defending themselves

It's kinda annoying during events having tons of NPCs slaughtered.

I have a slight update for that, it only works when not done from the hot bar. If a mana star is selected in your inventory when you close your inventory they get deleted from the game, with sometimes showing the effect of you using it. This is also true for heart crystals. I lost 4 mana stars and 2 heart crystals trying to figure this out. @Deanzor can you see if this is recreatible on any dev N3DS's.
[doublepost=1480275608,1480275530][/doublepost]
The spawn rates are a bit higher then normal. I think this could be a side effect of making everything a bit toughened.
[doublepost=1480275691][/doublepost]@Deanzor, is there any chance of NPC's defending themselves

It's kinda annoying during events having tons of NPCs slaughtered.

Again, a bit strange, because I also use my mana stars and heart crystals from the inventory instead of my hot bar...I will try testing this a bit later again to see if I have missed something.

Edit: Sadly I can't reproduce this, tried it on characters made before and after the 1.0.4 update. Both inventory and hot bar work for me. Hopefully someone else can reproduce it

Last edited:
Again, a bit strange, because I also use my mana stars and heart crystals from the inventory instead of my hot bar...I will try testing this a bit later again to see if I have missed something.

Edit: Sadly I can't reproduce this, tried it on characters made before and after the 1.0.4 update. Both inventory and hot bar work for me. Hopefully someone else can reproduce it
What sized world are you trying it on. I didn't think it would make a difference but I might mention it now. I'm expirencing this on an expanded world. If needed, I can record off my phone what I see on my N3DS when I get to the airport.

This may be related, but while building my base, when I mine out my misplaced furnace, it got deleted as well, even though I have mined it away before. I have been unable to recreate this as of now though. I will try to reproduce it.

What sized world are you trying it on. I didn't think it would make a difference but I might mention it now. I'm expirencing this on an expanded world. If needed, I can record off my phone what I see on my N3DS when I get to the airport.

This may be related, but while building my base, when I mine out my misplaced furnace, it got deleted as well, even though I have mined it away before. I have been unable to recreate this as of now though. I will try to reproduce it.
I've tried it on both an expanded and a small world size and couldn't reproduce your issue sadly. I will keep trying though

I have a problem with some of the music, when I enter the jungle and overworld night my music gets corrupted at a specific point and stays there, repeating the last beat. Also, the blood moon plays the 1.3, underworld music, and the underground music stops at a certain beat but then starts playing again. The jungle and overworld night have been here since 1.0.3 and everything else came at 1.0.4. also Everytime I go into my main world the loading stops halfway and crashes my game (I cri everytim)

sense the new update for 3ds version
Is it even possible to get to wave 20 on frost moon I've tried everything and I can barley get to wave 11
Does this mean when it says all bosses buffed it means events also?

PATCH RELEASE DATES:

Americas (NOA) 1.04: November 22 2016, 9am Pacific
Europe (NOE) 1.04: November 25 2016, 9am UK time

Patches and updates for Nintendo 3DS eShop games are free and easy to download and apply.

Here’s what you need to do.

1) Turn on your Nintendo 3DS

2) Make sure your 3DS’s wifi is enabled.

3) Tap the Nintendo 3DS eShop icon on the Main Menu.

4) If any of the games you bought need to be updated, you’ll automatically see a message telling you so. You can choose to update at that moment, or later on.

5) If you choose to update your games later, you can view the list of available updates via the eShop’s Settings/Other menu. Tap “Updates” under the “History” category.

6) You should see a list of games that are updatable. Tap “Update” to re-download the game with the updates applied. As with other eShop downloads, you can choose to download now or download later.
I've noticed a quite annoying visual glitch with wooden walls, might be all walls but I've only used wooden so far, that the second to last panel to the top of where the wall is will have a line that makes it look unconnected. It fixes itself when another is placed on above it but i don't really like having walls jutting out of my buildings. Please investigate?

I've noticed a quite annoying visual glitch with wooden walls, might be all walls but I've only used wooden so far, that the second to last panel to the top of where the wall is will have a line that makes it look unconnected. It fixes itself when another is placed on above it but i don't really like having walls jutting out of my buildings. Please investigate?
I've seen this but it hasn't yet bothered me as I build with 2 think walls. Try building like that till it gets fixed. It makes houses a bit better looking

Experienced my first random crash in a 1.04 world since the update. Lost nothing but the time I spent organizing chests since the last time I saved. Maybe they're related??

I've noticed this, too.

Can any of you get a picture of this for me?
WVW69j117ssMyN69nw

Hopefully you can see it... it's not game breaking, just a little annoying. It wasn't like this in previous versions.

Did you notice any sync errors in multiplayer? Trees were acting very strange... Also, changing weapon with the shoulder buttons now takes a lot longer... is this intentional? :)

Thanks, hope this helps.

WVW69j117ssMyN69nw

Hopefully you can see it... it's not game breaking, just a little annoying. It wasn't like this in previous versions.

Did you notice any sync errors in multiplayer? Trees were acting very strange... Also, changing weapon with the shoulder buttons now takes a lot longer... is this intentional? :)

Thanks, hope this helps.

Not sure what I'm looking for in that picture. Is it the dark lines towards the top of the interior walls?

Back
Top Bottom