3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

I need to fix my main world it crashes when the loading goes orange. I need help I tried cleaning my SD card but not re downloading will that delete everything? Please reply.

Redownloading does sadly delete everything, since the saves are attached to the app itself and we aren't able to create a seperate backup save anyway. As for the loading issue, I can't help there. What was in that world? Does is crash with every character you use? Or just one specific character?

Hello all. I've been lurking here for awhile now after getting this copy of Terraria. First of all, this is a great game and a great port! I look forward to what could be added to this in the future. :dryadhappy: Secondly, I decided to join so I can report an issue. I'm not quite sure if it's specific to 1.04 or just in general though.

If you link up to a multiplayer host and try to link pressure plate tracks up with wire to a mechanism and then attempt to activate them using the minecart, it fails to activate. This specifically only happens in multiplayer and only to a guest in the server; the host can activate the pressure plate tracks just fine.

I stumbled across this when wiring up a length of Minecart tracks with a single wall of active stone blocks and two pressure plate tracks on either side. Here's a screenshot of what you should build to test in multiplayer:

spFaUsZ.png

As of yet I haven't exactly tested any other mechanisms with problem but I imagine the problem lies with the pressure plate tracks.

I've not got so far as to try wiring on multiplayer yet, so I can't really comment... but you did remind me of something that I don't think has been mentioned yet...

In multiplayer, only the host has the ability to see when a room is classified as a room, or choose which NPC can move in, etc. This has been the case for every version and it'd be cool to see it fixed. :) Also, in my experience (not sure if this is meant to happen), but when you re-join a host's game (which happens to be a lot because of sync issues), your map is completely wiped clean and you've gotta start over. Annoying!

I have a bug on my 3DS that really annoys me. In the building GUI, whenever I select an item that is beyond the GUI's distance in the scroll wheel where the items that is currently selected, It warps my selection right back to where the selected block was and forces me to select blocks next to the selected block all the way to the item I want to use. Its INCREDIBLY aggravating and annoying and it wont stop.

EDIT: Its gotten me killed TWICE by Ocram! (Yes, I use the GUI as a easy-aim.)
I got same issue, sometimes it helps double tap with the stylus. I hope they fix it soon ✌

I've fixed the music problem! Just go to the eShop, go to Terraria, scroll AL THE WAY down, and click repair! Nothing happens to your worlds or characters! Maybe it will work for you guys corrupted worlds! It didn't work for me tho

No.The 3DS doesn't have the required amount of RAM to run 1.3 Events and the same goes for the New 3DS.Anything 1.3+ is a negative for those devices.Sorry.:(
WHY!!!! WHY!!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO US GOD!!!! I WANT 1.3 ON 3DS!!!!!!!!
[doublepost=1480525301,1480525217][/doublepost]
I got same issue, sometimes it helps double tap with the stylus. I hope they fix it soon ✌
Thanks for the tip! (HAH! Get it? Tip? Stylus? HAH!)

Just have to say, YOU MUST FIX THE DISAPPEARING CONFETTI GUN! :_C
(Confetti gun disappears from inventory once closing inventory screen.)

Oh wow, this one really is weird. What a waste of coins when you find out that the guns dissapear like that.

@Deanzor someone posted on Miiverse that Drinking Potions won't be in affect at all.I also saw another post where someone couldn't "Bottle" Water...

All potions work completely fine for me, so not sure what that other person's issue is...

I can also confirm that water cannot be bottled now.
Edit: stupid me just forgot how to make bottled water...it does work fine

Last edited:
Oh wow, this one really is weird. What a waste of coins when you find out that the guns dissapear like that.

All potions work completely fine for me, so not sure what that other person's issue is...

I can also confirm that water cannot be bottled now
very odd

@Deanzor someone posted on Miiverse that Drinking Potions won't be in affect at all.I also saw another post where someone couldn't "Bottle" Water...

You guys mean as in "take a glass bottle from a chest, walk to a water source, craft bottle of water"?

Did it just now - no issues whatsoever. That said, it did give me a "Recipe Unlocked" when I took the bottles from the chest.....so I am wondering if it is actually some kind o bug with resetting recipes.

Trying either crafting some more glass bottles or putting them in a chest and picking them back out - just curious to see what happens.

You guys mean as in "take a glass bottle from a chest, walk to a water source, craft bottle of water"?

Did it just now - no issues whatsoever. That said, it did give me a "Recipe Unlocked" when I took the bottles from the chest.....so I am wondering if it is actually some kind o bug with resetting recipes.

Trying either crafting some more glass bottles or putting them in a chest and picking them back out - just curious to see what happens.
I asked the guy the SAME thing Loki!But all he gave me was "I've bottled water before my friend..."...And I'm still confused as of to why its apparently not working...(for him anyway)

Oh shoot, yeah...your supposed to craft it aren't you...Oh well, it works for me to then. Just been a long time since I last used bottles so I forgot :p Might as well edit my post then.

The resetting recipes thing is weird, but I haven't had any issues pop up because of it so far.

About the 1.3 music, I don't seem to have the same issue as the others regarding the "crimson playing the corruption song". They both play different (and correct) songs for me. One other person here said their music worked fine, so it doesn't seem like an issue that every player comes across.

Playing a bit more, I went back to my hardmode character, and while the increased spawns are a good thing, I can definitely see what some players mean when they say that the spawns can be too high sometimes. Some situations I have come across seems to summon tons of enemies within just a couple of seconds. And definitely feels like more than on the PC version. It made soul farming so much quicker though. We could pretend this our version of expert mode :p

Edit: Okay...wow. The spawn rates for the goblin invasion was super high. Was it really like that on PC? Can't tell if it was, played on the 3ds version for too long perhaps...

Last edited:
I think Spawn rates in general have increased.I see more and more regardless if it's an invasion or not.

Well Deanzor did say that they increased it on purpose. It's just seeing whether or not there are more enemies spawning than it should do (does it spawn more than what it does on PC).

The Invasions are wild, but I have only ever done the goblin invasion on PC before. Haven't done the Halloween one or the Frost Invasion, So I don't know what the spawn rates should be like...

Even so, everything has still been doable so far. (And it makes bait easier to find too I think?)

Maybe it just seems like so much because we're used to how it was before??? I've never played any other versions of Terraria so I dont know how it should be.

I like the extra challenge, though, and it's not like it's impossible. There's just no more just standing there and letting baddies run into your weapon. You have to move more.

Maybe it just seems like so much because we're used to how it was before??? I've never played any other versions of Terraria so I dont know how it should be.

I like the extra challenge, though, and it's not like it's impossible. There's just no more just standing there and letting baddies run into your weapon. You have to move more.

People asked for expert mode. This is what they got as a replacement :p

Back
Top Bottom