3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

So me and my friend just played multiplayer together today for the first time. And I'm happy to report that we did not experience any crashes after playing for 3+ straight hours. We started a new expanded world together and made some good progress before he had to leave.

There were 2 glitches we came across though. The first one, whenever I attempted to quick stack near the piggy bank, the items that stacked in were the ones in my friend's piggy bank storage space instead of my own. He was the host so there's that. As for the second bug.. well, it's easier to just show it.
X8wAyBl.jpg

^My Screen vs Friend's screen v
o6U0f4q.jpg
I couldn't open the chest by pressing A, but when opening my inventory, the chest tab did show up and I could access it. I exited and re-entered the world and everything was fixed.

So me and my friend just played multiplayer together today for the first time. And I'm happy to report that we did not experience any crashes after playing for 3+ straight hours. We started a new expanded world together and made some good progress before he had to leave.

There were 2 glitches we came across though. The first one, whenever I attempted to quick stack near the piggy bank, the items that stacked in were the ones in my friend's piggy bank storage space instead of my own. He was the host so there's that. As for the second bug.. well, it's easier to just show it.
X8wAyBl.jpg

^My Screen vs Friend's screen v
o6U0f4q.jpg
I couldn't open the chest by pressing A, but when opening my inventory, the chest tab did show up and I could access it. I exited and re-entered the world and everything was fixed.

Dude, I really hope the multiplayer is fixed! Me and my girlfriend are going to test out Expanded Worlds together in a few hours (gotta do our Animal Crossings first :p)

I will report my findings! PLEASE DON'T CRASH!!!

As for your second bug... seems like that wasn't fixed. Always happens... Who was hosting, you or your friend?

Wow. When I go offline for a bit, everything happens. Later after updating I'll start a new play through and try to find any bugs. I'll post here if I find any

I need some more help with this. Which item are you using? Is it a ranged weapon or something? Walk me through the steps. I'm not sure what you mean by 'scrollwheel' and all the subsequent steps about how the selection changes.

If you can walk me through a simple series of steps that'll help? I can spawn in items, so just tell me what to use, and where I need to tap to make it malfunction. Thanks in advance.
The block selection can scroll up and down if you have a lot of building materials. Its mostly using basic blocks or place-able items. Lets say I want to use wood. But I have stone already selected and its at the top of the block selection. So I scroll to the bottom of the selection to select the wood. But, unfortunately, it doesn't carry through my selection and mysteriously scrolls back to the top. Making building 110% harder and didn't fix on the newest update. (This doesn't happen when I don't have many blocks because it removes the option of scrolling.) Along with the new found bug. Furniture will disappear when I try to select it and forces me to make/find another chair, table or whatever I was going to use.

And for causing the malfunction to prove my point.

1. Gather a crap ton of different blocks to the point the scroll ability is active. (The left of of the mining GUI is the block selection roster.)

2. Select a item at the TOP of the selection. (AKA Tap a block to make the background behind the item yellow)

3. Scroll to the BOTTOM of the selection and tap the bottom item choice. (Scroll until you can't scroll anymore.)

4. MALFUNCTION!!!

(There is a slight chance I have a defective copy of the game.)

The block selection can scroll up and down if you have a lot of building materials. Its mostly using basic blocks or place-able items. Lets say I want to use wood. But I have stone already selected and its at the top of the block selection. So I scroll to the bottom of the selection to select the wood. But, unfortunately, it doesn't carry through my selection and mysteriously scrolls back to the top. Making building 110% harder and didn't fix on the newest update. (This doesn't happen when I don't have many blocks because it removes the option of scrolling.) Along with the new found bug. Furniture will disappear when I try to select it and forces me to make/find another chair, table or whatever I was going to use.

And for causing the malfunction to prove my point.

1. Gather a crap ton of different blocks to the point the scroll ability is active. (The left of of the mining GUI is the block selection roster.)

2. Select a item at the TOP of the selection. (AKA Tap a block to make the background behind the item yellow)

3. Scroll to the BOTTOM of the selection and tap the bottom item choice. (Scroll until you can't scroll anymore.)

4. MALFUNCTION!!!

(There is a slight chance I have a defective copy of the game.)

Luckily I described this and Deanzor has reproduced it, so hopefully this should get fixed soon.

Also @Deanzor , I noticed this wasn't in the first page of the thread, so I don't know if you read it or not, but have you checked out this glitch:

Terra blade glitch: Every swing produces the "Mana Refilled" sound effect and the blue visual effect on your character.
Edit, not just the Terra Blade, but any sword (and only specifically swords) that seems to shoot projectiles, such as Starfury, Ice Blade, Chlorophyte Claymore, Frostbrand etc
Note: These effects happen when you swing even if your mana isn't full, but it doesn't fill up your mana itself.

Last edited:
I've just been playing the game on multiplayer and I've got to say I'm impressed - we didn't get any crashes in a few hours gameplay. We were saving every time the prompt showed up, but over all it felt a lot better. Hats off to you guys. ;(

However, some issues still remain...

In multiplayer, there's still something wrong with trees. When a sapling grows to a fully grown tree, oftentimes only one player can see the tree (the host in my case). [I would recommend players in multiplayer to leave the trees alone as much as you can in the world you're playing in - make another world and take trees from there]
Similarly, there seems to be sync issues with building. Sometimes blocks you've placed will disappear moments after. Logging out and back in seems to solve this (as mentioned by someone a page or two back) Also, sometimes enemies just disappear with no warning.

One thing I've noticed, is for some reason now you cannot scroll through your items with L/R while using a weapon/item. Is this intentional? It's pretty jarring and making it really difficult to get to your weapon in time for fighting... and there's a lot of fighting... :p

As has been mentioned by many people, the spawn rates are insane! When I first logged in I couldn't see any baddies, but now after having a few hours with the update on a new, expanded world, I see what everyone's talking about! To answer @Deanzor 's questions on the matter:

1. Which creature are you seeing spawn more than you expect?
A lot of different things: Demon Eyes, Zombies, Eater of Souls, Slimes (perhaps common monsters, maybe all monsters?)
2. Where is this happening?
Everywhere I've been to - at home, in the corruption, underground, underground corruption, ice biome, ocean biome
3. Is this in Hardmode or not?
Pre-hardmode, not tried hardmode yet
4. How much more regular are the spawns from what you expect? A bit on the high side? Double what you'd expect? Etc.
They're probably about double, yeah. It's pretty insane! It feels like you've constantly got Battle Potion on. It's not too hard though, it would be neat if you could keep the spawn rates this high, but in a different setting?
5. Is this just 'different' or is it damaging to your experience? How so?
It's making building very annoying but it's not totally gamebreaking, imo. Would be nice if it was reduced slightly
6. What are you benchmarking against to suspect the spawn rates are high? Previous 3DS? PC version? Which PC version, if so?
Mostly previous 3DS versions, but the spawn rates seem higher than PC,& 360, to me.
7. Which console are you playing on, and is this a Normal or Expanded World?
My experience so far is purely on multiplayer - on two New 3DS consoles in an Expanded World.

Sorry for the huge post - just wanted to mention a few things. The update is good so far. Loving big worlds. Fingers crossed for online in the future. Thanks :)

I also have this building Site right Bar scrolling bug since 1.0.3. I also found a work around. The block you want to choose is the one where your pencil needs to point at while you scroll. If it's the first or last then just scroll a halfe item frame up or down to be able to select it.

I can confirm massive spawnrate. The big long jungle fish spawned 2-3 every time there was no mob on screen. I fighted nonstop...

I'd like to tell about a crash I had but I couldn't reproduce it. I was in building grid screen and very fast switched to map overview and instant zoomed in as it crashed..

I also have small bugs I'd like to tell but I only have time next week.

Luckily I described this and Deanzor has reproduced it, so hopefully this should get fixed soon.

Also @Deanzor , I noticed this wasn't in the first page of the thread, so I don't know if you read it or not, but have you checked out this glitch:

Saw these, yeah. For the hotfix we need to focus on the game breakers, so these are on a different pile.

Spawn rates I will discuss with the coders on Monday, but keep the info coming if you see issues. It's not anything we played around with, so that's a curious one. But that's game dev, you pull at one thread and you sometimes get a disturbance you don't expect elsewhere.

Cheers for everyone's info so far.

@Deanzor - I have a theory on the spawn rates from my experience with when mobile went to expanded worlds.

Hit me up later when you have time and I will explain further. Expect it will be familiar to CG, and likely a similar unintended consequence akin to when the dungeon tweaks to spawns and size/shape were made. Namely nothing was changed - but having the same old rates in a new expanded build is causing higher than expected spawns due to the math changing (so the spawn formulas didn't change, but the inputs going into those formulas may have). If any of that makes any sense. ;)

Again, will discuss more when you have time - hopefully a simple fix. :)

Yeah, The dungeons in expanded worlds are drastically different for me. One of my extended worlds has a dungeon that barely has angry bones spawning. Its barren when I arrive. But when I leave its all hunky-dory with normal spawns.
Yet the other dungeon has enemies spawning up my nose. Its psychotic. The spawn traps such as the Spike Balls and the Blazing Wheels are everywhere there. Its even worse in post-Plantera mode. Snipers...So many Snipers...

Wait a minute........ before i updated my N3DS I had a range character with full chlorophyte armor and i haven't used him for a few days now DELETE CHARACTER NOW
[doublepost=1480220134,1480219881][/doublepost]I just opened my 3ds, played terraria used my characterwith chlorophyte and BAM!!! Game crashed......:eek::sigh:

Wait a minute........ before i updated my N3DS I had a range character with full chlorophyte armor and i haven't used him for a few days now DELETE CHARACTER NOW
[doublepost=1480220134,1480219881][/doublepost]I just opened my 3ds, played terraria used my characterwith chlorophyte and BAM!!! Game crashed......:eek::sigh:

Known crash bug that Deanzor confirmed with community help last week - apparently a hotfix is in the works...so just hang in there.

Should I post all bugs at once in a list or can I post them here every time I find one?
Post them as you find them. You can edit your message any time you want to add the other glitches into your message, but if many other people message after you do, then post the new glitches you find in a new message. That way Deanzor can keep up with what you find, he won't keep going back pages to read edits all the time. And waiting to post everything at once might mean that we miss some big bugs before the hot fix (if there is anything big enough to be considered for the hot fix). Tell em as you find em

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the bug for somebody, but please dear developers would you be able to implement a feature to turn off/on the grid on the bottom screen in the precise building mode or make the option to have a little bit of zoom in in the upper screen because the pixels are so tiny that is difficuilt to enjoy the game and see all the nice enviroment around and recognise some of the blocks. Thank you.

Last edited:
You're still able to fight with your character if it has Chlorophyte Armor as long as you don't try to open a chest or anything inventory related. Also you can turn off the building grid.

Back
Top Bottom