3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Hey guys, short update:

Spoke to the devs, and the higher enemy spawn rates for 1.04 are intended. 3DS, as with mobile, got the spawn rates matched to PC with the introduction of the Expanded Worlds. So if you're noticing an increase 1.03 to 1.04, that is intended. If the PC guys are seeing spawn rates that seem high even compared to PC, then that is potentially an issue. We're checking the code now to make sure nothing weird is happening, but definitely eager to hear from the PC veterans in the light of this new info.

Hey guys, short update:

Spoke to the devs, and the higher enemy spawn rates for 1.04 are intended. 3DS, as with mobile, got the spawn rates matched to PC with the introduction of the Expanded Worlds. So if you're noticing an increase 1.03 to 1.04, that is intended. If the PC guys are seeing spawn rates that seem high even compared to PC, then that is potentially an issue. We're checking the code now to make sure nothing weird is happening, but definitely eager to hear from the PC veterans in the light of this new info.

This is kind of good news really. I did think that the spawn rates were too low before and therefore making the game too easy compared to the PC version. So matching the spawn rates with the PC version is a great idea. I haven't gotten too far in my new world to notice anything too annoying just yet. There are a lot of slimes underground and more zombies at night, but nothing that I found too difficult to deal with, didn't think it was too many. Judging by the reports of others though, there are some biomes or situations that spawn enemies earlier than they should do (hard mode enemies appearing before hard mode has begun)? I would like to help out more but haven't found anything that stands out too much just yet.

As for the wall glitch, it is very noticeable on the wooden wall backgrounds, I see a lot of those black lines even though the wall should be completely smooth. You should check out the stone walls too. They seem to leave red dots in the wall. Not as long as the black lines the wooden walls have, but they seem to appear in a very similar pattern and height. Not every type of wall has this issue. I don't know what other types are affected yet

Also still very keen to hear from anyone getting issues with music. All info greatly appreciated, and will help us zero in on where the problem might be.

I found another bug today when I went to use the piranha gun it didn't latch onto enemies. It latched before the update but now doesnt latch onto enemies.

I found another bug today when I went to use the piranha gun it didn't latch onto enemies. It latched before the update but now doesnt latch onto enemies.

Tested and confirmed. Once the Piranha hits an enemy, instead of latching onto the enemy, it always flies off to right of the screen for a while and then returns.

Also still very keen to hear from anyone getting issues with music. All info greatly appreciated, and will help us zero in on where the problem might be.
While playing multiplayer earlier today, during a pirate invasion, only one player could hear the music, the other player had normal (rain) music.

Are you guys planning to add amiibo support somehow? For example: When you tap in the luigi amiibo you'll get the special weapon, maybe the poltergust 5000. And at milestones (such as defeating the Wall of Flesh), You can "upgrade" by going to an upgrade station or something like that.
[doublepost=1480374507,1480374164][/doublepost]Also, I have all of the ingredients for the optic staff but it isn't showing up on what I can craft

Are you guys planning to add amiibo support somehow? For example: When you tap in the luigi amiibo you'll get the special weapon, maybe the poltergust 5000. And at milestones (such as defeating the Wall of Flesh), You can "upgrade" by going to an upgrade station or something like that.
[doublepost=1480374507,1480374164][/doublepost]Also, I have all of the ingredients for the optic staff but it isn't showing up on what I can craft

To my knowledge, the optic staff is not in the 3DS version yet.

Though I wouldn't disagree on special 3DS exlusive weapons (but maybe not with amiibo). At the moment, I think the devs are focused more on fixing the game rather than content :)

The Optic staff is a 1.2.4 item. We only have some features and items from 1.2.4, but not all, and this item is sadly one of those that we don't have.

I had a crash not that long ago, i took a video of what i was doing, but it doesn't have a crash in the video, i have also took a pic of the wiring setup if it helps

WP_20161128_23_51_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20161128_23_51_37_Pro.jpg
[/url]how to screenshot on windows 7[/IMG]

I can't help with that because I didn't start playing much yet but would it be possible to get the 1.3 ocean/beach PC music on the 3DS? that would be so awesome. it's the track that's on volume 2 Terraria official soundtrack on band camp https://re-logic.bandcamp.com/album/terraria-soundtrack-volume-2

edit: sorry about spamming, I just thought it'd be nicer if our music was the same as PC 1.3 ;( also noticed the space music is different

Last edited:
I can't help with that because I didn't start playing much yet but would it be possible to get the 1.3 ocean/beach PC music on the 3DS? that would be so awesome. it's the track that's on volume 2 Terraria official soundtrack on band camp https://re-logic.bandcamp.com/album/terraria-soundtrack-volume-2
@plug313, we appreciate that you want new things, but please keep this thread focused on issues that are occurring in what has already been released.

If you want to suggest new features, please use the announcement thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-update-1-04.51176/

It just helps to keep things straight and separate. Thanks.

Not sure what I'm looking for in that picture. Is it the dark lines towards the top of the interior walls?
Yes, the little black lines near the top. It's a little annoying visual glitch that just looks weird
[doublepost=1480387812,1480387733][/doublepost]
I've seen this but it hasn't yet bothered me as I build with 2 think walls. Try building like that till it gets fixed. It makes houses a bit better looking
Uh.. what do you mean by "two thick walls"

Random crash again. This time in the snow biome. Only thing this had in common with my last one is that I was just below the surface and I was in midair. Might be a coincidence but who knows. I had also just defeated the Eye of Cthulhu. Hmm.

I seem to be experiencing more crashes when the save reminder is off, when I mean more I mean, A LOT more. could crashes be related to how often you save I wonder? Because I have been saving more after I turned on save reminders.
(Just in case if it's console specific, I have the New 3ds)

I had a crash not that long ago, i took a video of what i was doing, but it doesn't have a crash in the video, i have also took a pic of the wiring setup if it helps

How long were you doing that for when it crashed? I have a feeling it might've been some form of an overload, because I once had my Rod of Discord farm running overnight (with my 3DS open and on the charger), expecting to wake up with one hopefully laying there, and instead it had crashed on me.

I seem to be experiencing more crashes when the save reminder is off, when I mean more I mean, A LOT more. could crashes be related to how often you save I wonder? Because I have been saving more after I turned on save reminders.
(Just in case if it's console specific, I have the New 3ds)

many people have reported experiencing less crashes if they save often. I'm on a New 3DS too and I can confirm too. I wonder if a possible way to help with this is an auto save feature? Minecraft on the PS3 pauses and auto saves every 15 minutes, we could have a choice to set this game to auto save every 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes that could help.

and what if the devs looked into what happens when you save? maybe there's a way to find out what/if it resets something that keeps the game from crashing

Hello all. I've been lurking here for awhile now after getting this copy of Terraria. First of all, this is a great game and a great port! I look forward to what could be added to this in the future. :dryadhappy: Secondly, I decided to join so I can report an issue. I'm not quite sure if it's specific to 1.04 or just in general though.

If you link up to a multiplayer host and try to link pressure plate tracks up with wire to a mechanism and then attempt to activate them using the minecart, it fails to activate. This specifically only happens in multiplayer and only to a guest in the server; the host can activate the pressure plate tracks just fine.

I stumbled across this when wiring up a length of Minecart tracks with a single wall of active stone blocks and two pressure plate tracks on either side. Here's a screenshot of what you should build to test in multiplayer:

spFaUsZ.png

As of yet I haven't exactly tested any other mechanisms with problem but I imagine the problem lies with the pressure plate tracks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom