3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Ummm is this possibly a glitch or am I just a noob: I have goodie bag (presents too) farm and i am getting a lot of presents... but all the presents I open i only get either (green or red) candy cane blocks or snow globes and i have 7 full stacks (999) of candy cane blocks and i haven't got a single item other than that Isn't that weird?
[doublepost=1480757164,1480757133][/doublepost]Ummm is this possibly a glitch or am I just a noob: I have goodie bag (presents too) farm and i am getting a lot of presents... but all the presents I open i only get either (green or red) candy cane blocks or snow globes and i have 7 full stacks (999) of candy cane blocks and i haven't got a single item other than that Isn't that weird?

Ummm is this possibly a glitch or am I just a noob: I have goodie bag (presents too) farm and i am getting a lot of presents... but all the presents I open i only get either (green or red) candy cane blocks or snow globes and i have 7 full stacks (999) of candy cane blocks and i haven't got a single item other than that Isn't that weird?
[doublepost=1480757164,1480757133][/doublepost]Ummm is this possibly a glitch or am I just a noob: I have goodie bag (presents too) farm and i am getting a lot of presents... but all the presents I open i only get either (green or red) candy cane blocks or snow globes and i have 7 full stacks (999) of candy cane blocks and i haven't got a single item other than that Isn't that weird?

Presents only used to contain these 3 items. More items was introduced in the 1.2.2 update. Terraria 3ds is version 1.2.0 with only a select few 1.2.4 and 1.3 features. So the other items that presents drop is currently not one of the features added in the game

Thanks for replying so quickly! Soo I am a noob and I wasted hours of farming........ YEY!:sigh:
That's okay, with all the different versions of Terraria out there, many players get easily confused on what is in or not in the game. Whenever somebody asks if a certain item or feature is in the game, I always check the Wikipedia since I am actually not that knowledgeable on all of the items. :p It tells you in there when an item was released. 

Nintendo is just reviewing it. We don't know the release date yet. Deanzor will tell us the patch notes on Monday

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. As another question I'm interested in is can there be a 6th accessory slot because the major difficulty increase?

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. As another question I'm interested in is can there be a 6th accessory slot because the major difficulty increase?

That is something only Deanzor can answer, and he will be back on Monday. And since it is a request for a new feature (since we don't have a 6th slot right now), we usually have to post requests here apparently: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-update-1-04.51176/

I haven't felt that we needed a 6th accessory slot. Then again I am only part way through my new playthrough, haven't gotten far at all. My main character has endgame gear anyway so it's hard to tell what the difficulty will be like when starting hardmode with midgame gear with the new spawn rates.

I agree with Guido. It's quite challenging to balance out my character w/5 accessory slots I end up having to pick either mobility or class based accessories....

Edit: First of all, I am idiot again. The Vampire Knifes glitch only happens when that item is in the first slot of my inventory. Not in any other slot. The reason I didn't notice before is because when I moved the Knifes from the first slot to another slot, then checked the torches to see if one of them would go missing, a torch would go missing at first. But if I test to see if anything goes missing afterwards, nothing happens. For the items to start going missing again, the Knifes are required to be in slot one of the hotbar. The same goes to the other weapons and tools that cause this glitch. This makes searching for weapons and tools that cause this glitch difficult to find, because it means you can only search the items one by one. You can't search them in batches...It's a long process. One I don't have time for the of tonight.

Okay, similar to the Bone Pickaxe and the Vampire Knifes glitch (I also found that fishing rods affect this glitch too), me and someone else on reddit were able to discover that the Phoneix Blaster also causes this glitch. However it raises a concern.

When I was trying to see what items caused this glitch, I used to think only items like torches, spike balls, glowsticks, confetti gun etc. would go missing from your inventory. But, with the blaster, you don't lose your torches and that, the blaster affects different items.

The Phoneix Blaster causes blocks, statues, ores and bars, coloured torches (instead of the normal torches), chests, trophy, furniture, cobwebs...to dissapear. I don't know how many items the Blaster affects, but these items going missing is a lot more troublesome than the items that went missing from the Vampire Knifes.

The Blaster didn't effect the Heart Crystals and Mana Crystals still. So there must a be some different items that affects them. Seems like different weapons and tools have the potential of glitching out different items. What other items could we lose...

So for anyone who has lost items before. Check your hot bar!!! The first item in an your hot bar is most likely causing your items in your inventory to disappear! (Although check the other slots in thr hotbar too just in case)

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to beat the destroyer on 1.04 update? I am using 3 heart statues on timer, honey hole, heart lamps, fireplace, ironskin potion, regen potion, thorns potion, full adamantine armor, excalibur sword and still can't take him down

Has anyone managed to beat the destroyer on 1.04 update? I am using 3 heart statues on timer, honey hole, heart lamps, fireplace, ironskin potion, regen potion, thorns potion, full adamantine armor, excalibur sword and still can't take him down
Beat it yesterday, wasn't that hard... (I only used the well fed buff and had campfires, heart lanterns, 1-2 heart statues, 1 mana statue and a huge arena)

Back
Top Bottom