3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

After this update I was afraid because only the New 3DS has won the Expanded world because your highter processing capacity.
What makes me think: Will the old 3DS be abandoned like the PS3 and XBOX?
I was expecting a lot by 1.3 on my 2DS (like 3DS)

The Devs said they don't want there to be other differences between the old and new 3ds'. Would cause too many issues when playing multiplayer and could cause issues with the community too (some people will feel too left out). 1.3 will never be able to make it on any of the 3ds consoles, neither would a full 1.2.4 update either most likely (the 3ds version is kind of a hybrid version anyway since it has a mix of content from 1.2.4, 1.3, and some mobile and console exclusive stuff added too)

The Devs said they don't want there to be other differences between the old and new 3ds'. Would cause too many issues when playing multiplayer and could cause issues with the community too (some people will feel too left out). 1.3 will never be able to make it on any of the 3ds consoles, neither would a full 1.2.4 update either most likely (the 3ds version is kind of a hybrid version anyway since it has a mix of content from 1.2.4, 1.3, and some mobile and console exclusive stuff added too)

The only 1.3 features that even have a chance to come in the next update are deathweed blooming on a full moon,the solar tablet and solar tablet fragments and,maybe the celestial shell and the ability to hide merefolk/werewolf forms. But then again I'm mostly fine with the 3ds version and at this point just want but fixes(I'm really hyped for 1.0.5 since with the homing snowman cannon I can now use ichor bullets with the chain gun).

I've had an issue with one of my worlds where every time I tried to boot it, the system crashes. The only thing I did the last time I used to world was boot it, buy a few potions and a Crystal Ball from the wizard, and then saved and quit. It doesn't happen to any other worlds.

Also, I was thinking maybe there could be a zoom feature for the build view, to restore the usefulness of the magic missile, etc. Also, if no other features from 1.3 make it to 3DS, it would at least be nice if the Underground Desert made it, maybe only generating on new 3DS because of the limited world size, or maybe an option at world gen to replace the snow biome with it, since that doesn't have any bosses or any real game-progressing gear that the desert doesn't.

Lastly, @Dagreenenderman multiple people have asked this and multiple people have been told the 3DS simply can't handle Moon Lord, as he's way too overcoded, and would look really ugly with the lowered resolution anyway.

Last edited:
I've had an issue with one of my worlds where every time I tried to boot it, the system crashes. The only thing I did the last time I used to world was boot it, buy a few potions and a Crystal Ball from the wizard, and then saved and quit. It doesn't happen to any other worlds.

Also, I was thinking maybe there could be a zoom feature for the build view, to restore the usefulness of the magic missile, etc. Also, if no other features from 1.3 make it to 3DS, it would at least be nice if the Underground Desert made it, maybe only generating on new 3DS because of the limited world size, or maybe an option at world gen to replace the snow biome with it, since that doesn't have any bosses or any real game-progressing gear that the desert doesn't.

Lastly, @Dagreenenderman multiple people have asked this and multiple people have been told the 3DS simply can't handle Moon Lord, as he's way too overcoded, and would loom really ugly with the lowered resolution anyway.

When you say one world crashes, does this mean the other world's work even when you use the same character? Or did you test the other worlds with other characters?

Another bug bothering me, magic weapons like the unholy trident dont fire the projectile correctly when facing any direction other than straight left or right, and the misalignment gets worse the higher you aim. The hitbox fires properly, but the visual effect of the projectile does not.

Also,
does it crash on the loading screen?
Yeah, right when the loading bar hits orange.

I think I've also got an issue with the Eater of Worlds. I've been trying to get it's trophy, but it won't drop anything, not even Lesser Healing Potions! Now, I'm not trying to say this could be a bug, bit is anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Another bug bothering me, magic weapons like the unholy trident dont fire the projectile correctly when facing any direction other than straight left or right, and the misalignment gets worse the higher you aim. The hitbox fires properly, but the visual effect of the projectile does not.

Also,
Yeah, right when the loading bar hits orange.
sounds like your world is corrupted

Hi there! I'm updating my previous post with more information: i've been testing the potions a bit more, and apparently the "fake use" bug happens with EVERY kind of potions, but only when taken immediately after damage (the short invincibility period) or at least it seems so to me.

Another bug showed up anyway, with precision mode: I was placing my newly crafted mythril anvil, and it suddenly disappeared :/
It is included in the generic "precision mode" glitches for solving?

Hi there! I'm updating my previous post with more information: i've been testing the potions a bit more, and apparently the "fake use" bug happens with EVERY kind of potions, but only when taken immediately after damage (the short invincibility period) or at least it seems so to me.

Another bug showed up anyway, with precision mode: I was placing my newly crafted mythril anvil, and it suddenly disappeared :/
It is included in the generic "precision mode" glitches for solving?
What weapon did you have equipped before you selected the anvil?

The glitch only happens when you switch from certain weapons/tools and then select the Anvil (same thing happens to Tropheys, some furniture and many more items). This doesn't have to be in precision mode either, this glitch can happen in your inventory when a certain weapon/tool is in the first slot of your hot bar.

I tested the anvil glitch you mentioned. I had the Phoenix Blaster in my hand, then I selected the anvil. The anvil dissapeard. But when I select the anvil when I was holding a different block/furniture/most weapons and tools in my hand, the anvil didn't dissapear. Again, for the inventory glitch, the anvils dissapeard when I had the Phoenix Blaster in the first slot of my hotbar and then I selected the anvil and left the inventory menu.

Certain weapons and tools create the same glitch to what the blaster does. Can you find out what weapon/tool you had in your hand before you selected the anvil? Not every glitched weapon/tool affects the same items. The vampire knifes doesn't affect furniture like the blaster does, it affects other items instead.

I found a minor glitch with the 505 Games logo on startup.I also found when your under rain clouds,it will stop raining and If I place enough,it will prevent several tiles from raining.And when I fly under that spot,I lag.Sadly,thats next to my NPC Hotel.These are just some small bugs. (OH,I also noticed the Super Mario Fire Flower at the edge of the underworld and the green Hero's outfit)
[doublepost=1481474541,1481474347][/doublepost]It will only stop raining sometimes

Some pretty important bug happened to me :

I beat WoF but he shot a laser at me at the same time as he died, so I ended up dying at the same time, world turned hardmode and then when I was going to hell to pick up the pwnhammer (which is super important) my game just crashes. Pwnhammer despawned.
I had to grind for sooo long in another world to stand a chance to get another pwnhammer..

save often and back up your saves. don't build a whole lot in your world either. the crashing might be due to a memory leaking issue. the system gets overwhelmed and shuts down.

save often and back up your saves. don't build a whole lot in your world either. the crashing might be due to a memory leaking issue. the system gets overwhelmed and shuts down.
okay I already got the pwnhammer back so whatever

also how am I supposed to back up my save file on a 3ds.. mine isn't homebrewed..

Back
Top Bottom