3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Can anyone check if the Eater of Worlds drops anything in their world? I've slain many, and all drop nothing.

Just checking to make sure I'm not the only person on here with this kind of problem.

I've provided two screenshots to show what I mean.

Drops After defeating EoW:
WVW69j44TfkzVM7AYQ

Inventory after defeating EoW, showing that it doesn't drop potions:
WVW69j44UMUMEzhnH4

Last edited:
Can anyone check if the Eater of Worlds drops anything in their world? I've slain many, and all drop nothing.
I and another user can confirm that Eater of Worlds drops are a little weird. I've fought it dozens of times and never gotten its trophy. Some people have, but i guess they got really lucky.

Hello
I recently bought terraria for my 3Ds XL new around 3 weeks ago
The game seemed to run fine (apart from the occasional crash upon opening the map) until recently.
Now, when I try to use any character and open my main building world, the game crashes. The other two worlds work fine.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is this because my world has too much?
Also, is there any way to fix this right now? If not, Will a future patch fix this problem or is this world gone forever?

- edit - I am in Australia and have not received the latest patch yet, hopefully this will fix the problem when it comes out for me

Last edited:
quick question - is there ever going to be a setting to play terraria in Japanese in the us / eu version of terraria? I'm taking japanese lessons so I could really profit off of a language change.

Hello
I recently bought terraria for my 3Ds XL new around 3 weeks ago
The game seemed to run fine (apart from the occasional crash upon opening the map) until recently.
Now, when I try to use any character and open my main building world, the game crashes. The other two worlds work fine.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is this because my world has too much?
Also, is there any way to fix this right now? If not, Will a future patch fix this problem or is this world gone forever?

- edit - I am in Australia and have not received the latest patch yet, hopefully this will fix the problem when it comes out for me

unfortunately once a world gets corrupted and you can't play in it anymore it's probably lost forever, I'm sorry

quick question - is there ever going to be a setting to play terraria in Japanese in the us / eu version of terraria? I'm taking japanese lessons so I could really profit off of a language change.

if you're looking for good games with Japanese audio/text I can recommend Resident Evil Revelations and the Ace Attorney Trilogy on the eShop :) they're really good

unfortunately once a world gets corrupted and you can't play in it anymore it's probably lost forever, I'm sorry

if you're looking for good games with Japanese audio/text I can recommend Resident Evil Revelations and the Ace Attorney Trilogy on the eShop :) they're really good
kinda looking for specifically terraria in Japanese since thats what i'm playing right now

I also have not seen any Chaos Elementals, do have to be at certain depth in Hallowed
underground?
You have to go to a Pure Underground Hallow. I made a farm, and was able to kill around 5-7 Chaos Elementals a minute. I used this farm for about 5 hours a day, and got the Rod of Discord on my 4th day.

Wait 1.0.5 is out already? I thought deanzor said it would be out on the 20th.
Europe is on the 20th, he said USA would be sooner but no date/time was given.
[doublepost=1482004055,1482003909][/doublepost]
You have to go to a Pure Underground Hallow. I made a farm, and was able to kill around 5-7 Chaos Elementals a minute. I used this farm for about 5 hours a day, and got the Rod of Discord on my 4th day.
So what is considered 'Pure Underground Hallow", I know what 'Pure' means but is there an area size requirements?

Well, I guess I probably shouldn't get my hopes up..
Does anyone know if this problem is fixed or will be fixed soon? I need to know because I don't want this to happen to another world

Welcome to the replacement 3DS issues thread!

Please use this thread to discuss issues found in the 1.04 version only.

The 1.04 update offers different game content for players on original and New 3DS units, so be please clear which console you are playing on. If you see something strange in the game, your fellow 3DS gamers may be able to offer the benefit of their own experiences in this thread. The developers do check in on the thread, but the most effective way to report issues is via the support portal linked below.

We continue to work to improve the Terraria 3DS experience, and your feedback is invaluable to us.

To submit bug reports, please use this form. Filling out the form in its entirety is the most effective way to report bugs to the dev team. For other issues, please consult the 505 Support Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

Patch history:
1.01 - Released February 2016, fixing high priority issues with the launch version
1.02 - Released June 2016 in Europe. Added Frost Moon content, larger inventory, extra save slots, and numerous bug fixes.
1.03 - Released June 2016 in Americas, provided the 1.02 content and additional critical bug fixes.
1.04 - Released November 2016. Full contents here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-update-1-04.51176/
1.05 - With Nintendo for certification, release date TBC

Known issues:
  • **CRASH ISSUE WITH FULL CHLOROPHYTE ARMOR SET** - we are investigating the possibility that having a full Chlorophyte armor set equipped (Plate Mail, Greaves and any headwear) will cause the game to hang on the inventory screen. PLEASE AVOID THIS WHILE WE INVESTIGATE.
  • Players on original 3DS consoles are unable to join a Local Play session with an Expanded World game being hosted on a New 3DS. This is by design - original 3DS players can continue to enjoy multiplayer sessions on games hosted on Normal-size worlds.
  • Game content is comparable with PC 1.2. There are a few exceptions, but generally speaking if you missing a piece of content that was introduced after PC 1.2 that is likely by design.

• (List will be expanded should noteworthy issues arise - hopefully not, though!)
Sadly that's the just the way things go. Playing around with the coding to fix bugs is always difficult. Fix one bug, two more bugs could pop up from it...

Either way, I am still looking forward to the update. The bigger worlds is going to be great. Will do the usual and report any bugs I find too.
Sadly that's the just the way things go. Playing around with the coding to fix bugs is always difficult. Fix one bug, two more bugs could pop up from it...

Either way, I am still looking forward to the update. The bigger worlds is going to be great. Will do the usual and report any bugs I find too.
Nejekw
[doublepost=1482006371,1482006277][/doublepost]
[05.12.16]
Update!

The 1.05 hotfix patch is now with Nintendo for testing. Until we get the first test feedback from Nintendo we can't project a go live date, but we're aiming to get this out inside two weeks.

The list below details the fixes that made it in. Please understand that we had to focus on the highest impact issues only to turn the patch around in a timely fashion. The other stuff that didn't make the cut is now on our bug database.

1. Chlorophyte armor full set crashes the inventory screen

2. Warning text for not being able to join an Expanded World game on an original 3DS was only available in English
Status: You guys didn't ask for this, but Nintendo did. Fixed.

3. Goblin and Pirate invasion events not spawning
Status: No bug here. Code checked, and events spawn at the correct rate. We're able to play the game with the time running much faster to test this. If you've had these events before, your probability drops to 1.25%. Jungle or otherwise has no bearing on this.

4. Music issues
Status: Not fixed. Seems to be an intermittent thing, and hotfix was focused on gamebreaking issues.

5. Precision Mode UI glitches (selection, Bone Pickaxe)

6. King Slime trophy spawn rate

Status: We looked at this again, and there was a slight mistake in the drop probability. Fixed.

7. Fishron Wings don't allow free movement underwater

8. Dragon Armor stats and bonuses are wrong

Status: Checked these against the Wiki for how they'd be in 1.2 and looks okay to us.

9. Glitches with lock on weapons (Snow Cannon, Piranha Gun)

10. Visual glitch with wooden walls

X. The altar crash and the crash at the edge of the world we are not able to reproduce yet, we'll keep trying.

Issues with consuming hearts/mana stars: still looking into this, but didn't make the hotfix.

[24.11.16 1100]
Update on the crash issue:

It seems that the Leaf Crystal and the projectiles that come from it are the cause of the instability. It's possible that other items with a projectile effect may be affected, we are testing that now, and will update in this post with anything else you need to be wary of.

We've fixed the issue and created new submission builds, but the nature of Nintendo submissions means that even if we submitted today it would be a couple of weeks at the absolute earliest before the fix was live for you. The holidays mean Nintendo America is closed until next week now anyway, so we will take the couple of days to test and highlight other issues, and make a call on if there's anything else we need to urgently fix alongside this issue.

The latest info will always be in this thread. Apologies again, hope it doesn't spoil your fun too much over Thanksgiving.

Confirmed okay:
Spectre Armor full set
Orichalcum Armor full set
Love Potion
Flask Of Party
Inferno Potion
Enchanted Sword
Beam Sword
True Excalibur
True Night's Edge
Terra Blade
Ice Blade
Starfury
Bee Keeper
Ice Sickle
Chlorophyte Partisan
Frostbrand
Death Sickle
Mushroom Spear
Flairon
North Pole
Christmas Tree Sword
Chlorophyte Claymore
The Horseman's Blade

Confirmed bad:
Chlorophyte armor full set

Especially on my game, the spawn rates for hallowed monsters and corrupted/crimson monsters is a bit too high. I was swarmed by 9 bats.

So what is considered 'Pure Underground Hallow", I know what 'Pure' means but is there an area size requirements?[/
QUOTE]
The Underground Hallow music plays.
I made a huge square under ground, I think 170x100. I then made sure all enemies spawned in the square only. Next, I made a platform halfway up, and placed a Water candle, then used a Battle potion. I would then open the map and looked at the white dots that represents enemies. When there were a lot, I would drop down and kill them. Then repeat.

Back
Top Bottom