3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Hi, I'm here to report a bug... Don't know if it's been reported yet but it's kind of annoying.

On certain conditions, life crystals disapear from inventory without ginving the promised 20 health raise.

My config:

New 3DS XL
Terraria 3DS 1.05, recent install (never played without the patch)
Expanded world
Offline game
120 health at time of discovery

How to reproduce:

On 3DS, i've taken the habit of selecting an object in the inventory screen and using it using Y without placing it in the quick bar.
If I select a life crystal in the inventory screen, and press back to come back to the main game screen, the life crystal disappears with no warning nor health increase.
If I put the life crystal in the quick bar, select any other object, go back to the main game, then touch the life crystal in the quick bar, the crystal is used and I get my extra health.

I've reproduced that multiple times.

It may be linked to the fact that I used my first life crystal by selecting it in the inventory screen, then back to the game then Y. I've then found 3 or four others, and lost them that way, before figuring out the work around on the fifth. Hope that helps.

What was the first item in your hotbar at the time the crystals disappeared?

If possible, can you test if the glitch still happens when that item that was in the first slot of hotbar is moved somewhere else?

Hey so today I experienced something interesting

When I created a new charecter on 1.05,it seemed to crash more than the charecter I created before 1.05

Any ideas why?

@MemoryVoid : the first item on quickbar I had at all times when the problem occured is a normal spear.

I just noticed the same happrns with mana stars.
I'll test moving the spear to try what you said as soon as I find a new heart or create a mana star. Then I'll update my post :)

Post updated with new tests. With the first slot empty it resumed normal behaviour. Hope it helps!
It doesn't have to be left empty, just that certain items can cause this glitch. Vampire Knifes causes torches and a few throwable items to disappear, while the phoneix blaster can cause blocks, ores and bars to disappear. I just wasn't able to find out what caused the heart and mana containers to disappear (I haven't tested every weapon/tool in the game), so this was quite useful information. Most items are not glitched though, only a few weapons and tools are, be cautious anyway :)

Ok so after testing what I've heard I can confirm that Chlorophyte Armor being equipped is causing the game the crash when you open your inventory, or a chest of any kind.

I made 2 new characters, made Chlorophyte armor for them, I am able to open my inventory while the gear is sitting there, but the moment I equip them and open my inventory again it crashes
I found a new glitch that involved the magical harp. When I saved my game after beating the 3 mech bosses, my character on the main menu was apparently holding a magical harp & when I went to check my armour and accessories, I found the magical harp next to the player as well.

Regarding save data is it possible to transfer save data from the digital eshop version of the game to the cartridge version of the game?

It's just very quite because people are either focusing on their holidays, or we have found and mentioned most of the bugs and haven't come across anything else noteworthy yet.

pretty much. the major bugs such as items disappearing, etc have been found. no point in bringing them up again since the devs are probably on vacation too :)

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, but I found a problem I haven't seen yet. When my brother and I play multiplayer, I am unable to interact with the brain of cuthullu until his eyes have been destroyed. One of the issues may be he and I are playing different models of the 3ds. Any help would be appreciated.

In terms of bugs the only things I've noticed are minor ones mainly to ranged weapons/gear but some things are actually broken as in they don't work like the shroomite helmets and the magic quivier and others don't work as intended like holy arrows/snowman cannon/pirannah gun. Aside from that I haven't really experienced any bugs and crashes are pretty rare for when I play the game. And I don't think you can hack a 3ds to get something that is in the game but unobtainable like Red's Wings or the S.D.M.G because there is a very high chance you could "brick" your 3ds.

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, but I found a problem I haven't seen yet. When my brother and I play multiplayer, I am unable to interact with the brain of cuthullu until his eyes have been destroyed. One of the issues may be he and I are playing different models of the 3ds. Any help would be appreciated.
thats how its supposed to be

Back
Top Bottom