3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

I just got into fishing in Terraria, and I got the TarTarSauce from one of the crates, and it isn't major, but when I summon my Minotaur, the buff shows up AS BUFFNAME[136] I heard fishing was implaminted in 1.2.4, which is basically the update 3ds is on. Because fishing is so "new" to 3ds, I'd that why some of the fishing items are more glithy or unfinished than others?

Guys, I know you guys are hoping for 3ds will get 1.3, but if you look at it, the regular 3ds can barely handle the Ftost moon without the Frame rate to drop like a cliff. From being decent to flat out half a frame. I would love Moon Lord, and the Drill containment unit, and the sandstorms, and everything 1.3 has to offer on 3ds, but if the frost moon can barely be handled, why do you thing itll survive the Pillars, or Moon Lord, Or the Sandstorms. Just being real. Sorry. I would love it, but the sad truth comes near

Guys, I know you guys are hoping for 3ds will get 1.3, but if you look at it, the regular 3ds can barely handle the Ftost moon without the Frame rate to drop like a cliff. From being decent to flat out half a frame. I would love Moon Lord, and the Drill containment unit, and the sandstorms, and everything 1.3 has to offer on 3ds, but if the frost moon can barely be handled, why do you thing itll survive the Pillars, or Moon Lord, Or the Sandstorms. Just being real. Sorry. I would love it, but the sad truth comes near
Two ways

1. Make it N3DS exclusive. I know they want to make the experience the same for the most part between the two, but the O3DS is 6 years old now its time to move on if its holding you back.
2. More efficient programming.

Two ways

1. Make it N3DS exclusive. I know they want to make the experience the same for the most part between the two, but the O3DS is 6 years old now its time to move on if its holding you back.
2. More efficient programming.
It won't be possible either way because both models do not have enough RAM to handle the 1.3 events without crashing every five minutes.

Well, we could maybe have new bosses that replace the moon lord & that also don`t take up that much RAM?????????
Just a thought, I guess.

Well, we could maybe have new bosses that replace the moon lord & that also don`t take up that much RAM?????????
Just a thought, I guess.
Their goal is to replicate PC 1.3 as much as possible. With the limited amount of RAM, that won't be possible. Besides, the 3DS version lags a lot in the Frost Moon, as previously stated; we're kinda going over the limit here by adding anything else.

Looks like my suspicions were correct!

ICYMI - A month ago the developers of the Nintendo Switch game Season of Heaven (Any Arts Production), released a picture that pretty much confirms Terraria for Switch. :) You can find it pretty easily by going on their twitter. @AnyArtsProd

So they're probably being quiet about this 3DS version until they announce the Switch version on or around March 3rd. Hopefully they give us one more update for the 3DS but I'm not holding my breath. They will likely just announce that it's reached its limit and now it's time to move on.

Oh, and... If this is true (which I believe it is) then I for one won't be buying it if it's not got parity with the other console versions. It needs to have online, and be at least as up to date with the Xbox One and PS4 versions (with 1.3 coming), oh, and hopefully they price it right this time.

I have been gone for quite a while, sorry.
Haven't played in a while, but i'm one of those guys thats like "OH A NEW GAME I JUST GOT I MUST PLAY IT" and I forget that other games exist.
The only last request I have is the Optic Staff, as the mini twins are a great boost to players that have just beaten the twins and are starting on the late game hard mode bosses. (Otherwise at this point I'll be stuck with the Slime staff because Duke Fishron is hard)
I haven't seen any bugs, but I will keep an eye out for them.

Current Mobile phones have quite a bit more RAM than either 3DS. That is the core limiting factor.

Countless examples have been given in the console threads around why pointing to "game x" with fancy graphics isn't a valid comparison. In short, the sheer number variables - all loaded at once - in Terraria belies the "simple graphics" veneer.

It sucks, I know, but remember - to use your comparison - mobile phones < 1gb of RAM have already been phased out from future updates even before 1.3.

Current Mobile phones have quite a bit more RAM than either 3DS. That is the core limiting factor.

Countless examples have been given in the console threads around why pointing to "game x" with fancy graphics isn't a valid comparison. In short, the sheer number variables - all loaded at once - in Terraria belies the "simple graphics" veneer.

It sucks, I know, but remember - to use your comparison - mobile phones < 1gb of RAM have already been phased out from future updates even before 1.3.
Got an idea, since im not a techo genius, im probably going to mess 1 or more things wrong.

Maybe we should remove the features that have a tiny spec of impact, that nobody likes/cares about.

Features that we keep:
Moon lord. Sure, it will bomb the fps to a crum, but if big lag makers in it that dont have impact either might cool down the ram and fps a tad.
Certain items: Moon lord drops, all of the above. But remove the Items that no one uses, (someone say how many times i mention nobody (insert like, does, or cares about)).
Certain enemies: Self explanatory, get mobs alot of people like ending and dont add mobs that piss people off.

Things that shouldn't be added: Things that leave no interest in players about it. Nuff said.

Sorry if this doesn't help at all and I completely ignored what ram means. but if it does help a big bunch of blamo. you're welcome. :redspin:

This has nothing to do with 1.3 3ds Illuminati, but I found a weird and funny glitch. Sometimes when you use a Magic item (ex. Water bolt) and look in the inventory and hovee between the water bolt and whatever is next to it, you will see the mana usage drop until you exit your inventory and use the item. Its just a cheeky little glitch. I was able for it to get to Uses -4037 Mana`:p`:confused:`:naughty:

You might never know, the new 3ds might be strong enough to take on 1.3. And make it an exclusive to new 3ds. Just a prediction though
[doublepost=1487374730,1487374307][/doublepost]
Apparently it can handle SMB3DS, max graphics, no lag, ,no crashing, 60 fps, and original 3ds layout, but not special partical effects. (keep in mind, mobile cant hide from 1.3, and its less powerful then a new 3ds)

I frankly disagree agree , as much as I like the idea of 1.3 on 3ds it wont happen. What people should be asking for is stuff we dont have , like the venom staff or the spider armor , optic staff. Forget all the 1.3 stuff id just like to see the complete 1.2.4 version , or at least as much as the system lets them.

I'm not sure if its just that I'm playing on 2ds, but on the 3ds version of Terraria, after I defeated the 3 mechanical bosses, my world ended up crashing each time I try to join it. And I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be, other that maybe the 2ds can't handle the game that far into progress or something.

I frankly disagree agree , as much as I like the idea of 1.3 on 3ds it wont happen. What people should be asking for is stuff we dont have , like the venom staff or the spider armor , optic staff. Forget all the 1.3 stuff id just like to see the complete 1.2.4 version , or at least as much as the system lets them.
did you kinda ignore my essay? cuz its there.

I'm not sure if its just that I'm playing on 2ds, but on the 3ds version of Terraria, after I defeated the 3 mechanical bosses, my world ended up crashing each time I try to join it. And I'm not entirely sure what the problem might be, other that maybe the 2ds can't handle the game that far into progress or something.
If for whatever reason, a 2DS couldn't manage anything past the mechanicls, there would be more reports of it, which there haven't. The way you describe it makes it appear to be a typical world corruption problem.

I know i posted thos in my status, but hopefully we get some 1.2.4 touches and maybe a little slither of 1.3. But if not, r.i.p.

A month ago the developers of the Nintendo Switch game Season of Heaven (Any Arts Production), released a picture that pretty much confirms Terraria for Switch. :) You can find it pretty easily by going on their twitter. @AnyArtsProd

For those who can't be bothered to go track this down, this is legit!
IMG_20170219_211629.jpg

Thank you for the good find.

And what I hear is that the Switch has 4GB of RAM. If that's true, this is gonna be the real deal, and my prediction is that it's gonna be launched with the whole Reset thing sometime Q2.

Back
Top Bottom