3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

So far, i've found a bug that is mainly visual. That being if you use heart arrows on a illuminant slime while it is in mid-air, the after image of the smile stays in place even though the slime isn't on the ground until the effect of the arrows ware off.

My game crashes randomly too, i think it is because of the data usage on my SD card, I play a lot on it, I am also once in a while finding crashes on worlds in the first slot half way before it can even load, I also believe that is because i have too many of one item, i do the pumpkin moon event a lot!

My game crashes randomly too, i think it is because of the data usage on my SD card, I play a lot on it, I am also once in a while finding crashes on worlds in the first slot half way before it can even load, I also believe that is because i have too many of one item, i do the pumpkin moon event a lot!
That is the problem I had, as in the world in the first slot causing a crash when its around half way loaded. But for me it does this constantly, idk if the world is just unfortunately corrupted or what.

On a side note, idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but I found a bug that let's you glitch into the Lihzhard Dungeon before defeating Plantera, the same one found on the PC version and patched in 1.2.4.2: "Fixed the stairs bug which allowed clipping through walls" same bug seems to exist in the 3ds version. It involves placing platforms next to the Lihzhard temple door, and hammering them into staircases, then proceeding to walk into them, pressing down to go down a level, and it'll glitch you through the door.

So you can dig into the game's external data and find your players (suffix .p) and worlds (suffix .w). When taking these files, duplicating them, and renaming the file (to avoid overwriting), the game stops saving. By which I mean it saves, but as soon as you close the game your save data from that session is lost. (This was tested on a modded N3DS XL Japan with a normal-sized world.)

So you can dig into the game's external data and find your players (suffix .p) and worlds (suffix .w). When taking these files, duplicating them, and renaming the file (to avoid overwriting), the game stops saving. By which I mean it saves, but as soon as you close the game your save data from that session is lost. (This was tested on a modded N3DS XL Japan with a normal-sized world.)
This thread is for issues or bugs from the 3DS version. What you're describing is not an issue or a bug that is going to be addressed, since digging into game data for player and world files and then duplicating them is not supported. You can read more info here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

PATCH RELEASE DATES:

Europe (NOE): Tuesday December 20, 1000 CET
Americas (NOA): Friday December 16, 1000 PST

Patches and updates for Nintendo 3DS eShop games are free and easy to download and apply.

Here’s what you need to do.

1) Turn on your Nintendo 3DS

2) Make sure your 3DS’s wifi is enabled.

3) Tap the Nintendo 3DS eShop icon on the Main Menu.

4) If any of the games you bought need to be updated, you’ll automatically see a message telling you so. You can choose to update at that moment, or later on.

5) If you choose to update your games later, you can view the list of available updates via the eShop’s Settings/Other menu. Tap “Updates” under the “History” category.

6) You should see a list of games that are updatable. Tap “Update” to re-download the game with the updates applied. As with other eShop downloads, you can choose to download now or download later.
PATCH RELEASE DATES:

Europe (NOE): Tuesday December 20, 1000 CET
Americas (NOA): Friday December 16, 1000 PST

Patches and updates for Nintendo 3DS eShop games are free and easy to download and apply.

Here’s what you need to do.

1) Turn on your Nintendo 3DS

2) Make sure your 3DS’s wifi is enabled.

3) Tap the Nintendo 3DS eShop icon on the Main Menu.

4) If any of the games you bought need to be updated, you’ll automatically see a message telling you so. You can choose to update at that moment, or later on.

5) If you choose to update your games later, you can view the list of available updates via the eShop’s Settings/Other menu. Tap “Updates” under the “History” category.

6) You should see a list of games that are updatable. Tap “Update” to re-download the game with the updates applied. As with other eShop downloads, you can choose to download now or download later.
I know this is irrelevant, but because you can`t have 1.3 on the 3DS, you could change some of the storyboard of the game (have another boss that replaces the Moon Lord, but takes less RAM or new types of weapons?)
[doublepost=1489085241,1489084760][/doublepost]
Well, we could maybe have new bosses that replace the moon lord & that also don`t take up that much RAM?????????
Just a thought, I guess.
Oh, okay, thanks for the info!

On my 3ds when I try to go into my terraria world it dosent let me go into my world the loading will mabey get to like get to quarter through and then stop loading then crash or freeze i looked online and im not the only one having this issue

On my 3ds when I try to go into my terraria world it dosent let me go into my world the loading will mabey get to like get to quarter through and then stop loading then crash or freeze i looked online and im not the only one having this issue

Sorry to tell you this but Terraria 3DS is unstable. You're not the only one with save file corruption, far from it. There is nothing you can do about it either, you have to delete your world. I don't think they'll ever solve the problems with the game, and I'm not sure they're much bothered about it either.

Hopefully you haven't lost too many hours of progress.

Been over a month since Loki said he would inquire what is going on...

I give up on this port now. Me and many others found/tested a load of bugs to help the Devs and now everyone just dissapeard. The 3ds version probably will never be perfect, but some of the current bugs are too big to be ignored. If this is seriously the version we are going to be left with, this is a total failure and a waste of time. If you are working on something, say something, like you used to do.

One bug/oversight I've found is that the Guide mentions the Prism Danaan being shattered and the pieces being spread over the world (which of course is referencing the mobile-exclusive Rainbow Pieces, Pot o' Gold, and Leprechaun O’Fyffe); however, these items are not obtainable through normal gameplay (it is still possible through invedits). If there ever will be another update to this (possibly full 1.2.4?), then this would be good to consider fixing.

EDIT: Just saying it's in the game but not in the game, not hax talk

Last edited:
I'm losing extreme faith on how the developers are sorting this out. They haven't spoken in quite some time, the game crashes at random and unusual times, worlds get corrupted often (even though somehow it hasn't happened to me yet, i bet its gonna come around and bite my a:red2:s soon. Plus final 1.2 touches hasn't been updated to us yet, or even never.

Even though i'm still gonna still play this game a tad bit,but if half a year is full of inactivity is apparent, i'm moving on.

just thought i would ask, will terraria 3ds ever get 1.3? also once im at that stage i will look at the Chlorophyte armour
Also, as far as I can tell, the Chlorophyte Armor issue has been fixed as of the latest update.

Regarding the abandonment of the 3DS version, it really is a darn shame to hear so many people feel that way. This edition has been one of my favorites, not only thanks to its precision touch controls, but also because it's on my favorite portable console, so I can take it anywhere. And if you play this version a lot, as I do, you learn to ignore the various minor bugs (such as Scorpion guts exploding into the ground when killed, Hallow dirt wall registering as a Jungle Biome, and that random Face Monster noise I still hear from time to time). If I think of them as "quirks" of the port rather than bugs, it makes me appreciate the 3DS version more.

Back
Top Bottom