3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Regarding the abandonment of the 3DS version, it really is a darn shame to hear so many people feel that way. This edition has been one of my favorites, not only thanks to its precision touch controls, but also because it's on my favorite portable console, so I can take it anywhere. And if you play this version a lot, as I do, you learn to ignore the various minor bugs (such as Scorpion guts exploding into the ground when killed, Hallow dirt wall registering as a Jungle Biome, and that random Face Monster noise I still hear from time to time). If I think of them as "quirks" of the port rather than bugs, it makes me appreciate the 3DS version more.

Some bugs I can get used to. Items disappearing from people's inventories is one that I can't get used to though. While some of us here might know how that bug works (the disappearing items are affected by whatever item is in your first slot of the hotbar) many people don't use this forum and won't know how it ever works. They will get put off by the fact their ores, furniture, throwables, health containers and mana stars keep disappearing. The "mana refilled" visual and sound effect that plays for every swing of a sword that shoots projectiles can get annoying. And what about a couple of the weapons that still don't work properly?

Small bugs I can live with, but this stuff needs to be fixed for me to ever touch the 3ds version again

Also, as far as I can tell, the Chlorophyte Armor issue has been fixed as of the latest update.

Regarding the abandonment of the 3DS version, it really is a darn shame to hear so many people feel that way. This edition has been one of my favorites, not only thanks to its precision touch controls, but also because it's on my favorite portable console, so I can take it anywhere. And if you play this version a lot, as I do, you learn to ignore the various minor bugs (such as Scorpion guts exploding into the ground when killed, Hallow dirt wall registering as a Jungle Biome, and that random Face Monster noise I still hear from time to time). If I think of them as "quirks" of the port rather than bugs, it makes me appreciate the 3DS version more.

We're getting new dev teams, aren't we? I know we'll never reach 1.3 events, but blame it on ninty.

look. I just decided to start over with a new character in a new world. of course my game won't stop crashing. it crashed like 5 seconds after I first entered the world. and a couple of times when I was playing.

this is not a quirk I can get used to. it's progress lost. and yes I did try to save as often as I could.

not to mention the possibility of losing an ENTIRE save file to this random corruption issue.

we have less content than any platform ever, more bugs, crashes and save losses. I personally find this unacceptable. and now that it's like our platform has been abandoned I feel like I just wasted money and time.

I'm sorry for the developers but this isn't nice for the customers.

Ok, maybe I took it a bit too lightly, since I myself never had any crashes. My apologies.

I wasn't directing my tweet at you, sorry if it seemed like it. I know strangely some people don't experience those issues. I'm glad some people don't but it sucks for those of us who do. :sigh:

Is anyone else experiencing a major framerate drop when near a lot of chests and glass walls? I do on my o3ds, I know its a bug because when I open builder mode, it seems to go away
[doublepost=1490216795,1490216652][/doublepost]wait... the 3ds version has been abandoned? ;(

Is anyone else experiencing a major framerate drop when near a lot of chests and glass walls? I do on my o3ds, I know its a bug because when I open builder mode, it seems to go away
[doublepost=1490216795,1490216652][/doublepost]wait... the 3ds version has been abandoned? ;(

I've experienced that. on a New 3DS.

we aren't sure but it looks like it. we haven't heard anything about it in a long while.

I'm starting to see this version to its knees, as its glitchy as hell, you can't avoid crashes, world and character corruption, and they just left it to rot, without notice. But maybe if we wait loki of maybe deanzor might say a word. idk, maybe they real deal abandoned it though.

Yes, I have a feeling it has been "abandoned". Perhaps rather considered complete. I understand people are still facing many bugs and crashes, but 1.0.4 fixed a large portion of these and made some final balances/touches. I now feel the team developing the 3DS version (Codeglue) is fully committed to completing the Mobile versions upcoming 1.3 update rather than 3DS version.

Yes, I have a feeling it has been "abandoned". Perhaps rather considered complete. I understand people are still facing many bugs and crashes, but 1.0.4 fixed a large portion of these and made some final balances/touches. I now feel the team developing the 3DS version (Codeglue) is fully committed to completing the Mobile versions upcoming 1.3 update rather than 3DS version.
Don't forget about the Switch as well. I bet that is holding them back.

loki, ifyou are reading this, can you let us know on why the 3ds was dropped? cuz this isn't a good state to leave on.

Their are different development teams between Switch and 3DS versions (Pipeworks and Codeglue). Whilst Pipeworks is working on getting consoles to 1.3, Codeglue is developing 1.3 for mobile devices (as well as 3DS).
To clarify, Codeglue is not developing 1.3 for mobile devices. The 1.3 mobile version is being done by Pipeworks.
As with Console, Pipeworks is working to redesign and rebuild the Terraria Mobile experience.
The quote above from 505 Games can be found in this thread: The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Also to clarify, it has never been stated if 1.3 will come to 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom