3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

I know 1.3 isn't coming to 3DS because the device(s) cannot handle it.

Beyond that, it's in 505's court. My focus of late has been on helping to shepherd the new PW versions (console/mobile) - I know that Deanzor had made a comment about updates beyond the one last year depending on the success of 3DS over the holidays or something of the sort (unless I dreamed that)....so I would assume it still comes down to that? I got the distinct sense that any work would have to be focused only on fixes though.

If I get more info, I will share it...but I have not as of yet.

To clarify, Codeglue is not developing 1.3 for mobile devices. The 1.3 mobile version is being done by Pipeworks.

The quote above from 505 Games can be found in this thread: The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Also to clarify, it has never been stated if 1.3 will come to 3DS.
Thank you, but is there a new 3DS update because when I went into Terraria Google+, there was a picture showing us a night`s edge, but under it, the materials required for it. Thank you!

I know this port is probably nearing the end of its life, not that it had much life to begin with, as it was only ported to the 3DS after 6 years, but the one thing that would make this port (more) worthwhile to me is a zoom function for precision mode, so that I can actually use my favorite weapons like Starfury, Magic Missile, etc. to their potential.

...Also, autofire for everything is kind of obnoxious to me. Maybe a setting to turn that off? It just makes it to easy, especially since easy is the only available difficulty.

Last edited:
does anyone think the reason for inactivity of the 3ds version is because of the switch from engine softwares to pipeworks?

Got an idea, since im not a techo genius, im probably going to mess 1 or more things wrong.

Maybe we should remove the features that have a tiny spec of impact, that nobody likes/cares about.

Features that we keep:
Moon lord. Sure, it will bomb the fps to a crum, but if big lag makers in it that dont have impact either might cool down the ram and fps a tad.
Certain items: Moon lord drops, all of the above. But remove the Items that no one uses, (someone say how many times i mention nobody (insert like, does, or cares about)).
Certain enemies: Self explanatory, get mobs alot of people like ending and dont add mobs that piss people off.

Things that shouldn't be added: Things that leave no interest in players about it. Nuff said.

Sorry if this doesn't help at all and I completely ignored what ram means. but if it does help a big bunch of blamo. you're welcome. :redspin:
Wait, is the water bolt in the game or did u use that as an example?

at this point the least they could do is inform us that they have abandoned this version. just hoping we forget would be kind of a :red:ty move.
they have? the last update was november 2016, and it was a pretty good sized update. it's the same differences in time that console had inbetween updates.

they have? the last update was november 2016, and it was a pretty good sized update. it's the same differences in time that console had inbetween updates.
Except that the Devs used to talk to us here very regularly to say what is going on/collect info on bugs. Now it has been nothing but complete silence since December

Except that the Devs used to talk to us here very regularly to say what is going on/collect info on bugs. Now it has been nothing but complete silence since December
I mean, loki said a few things, yet he doesn't have a big collection on why its abandoned.

I can confirm that the trident still makes items disappear (Heart and Mana crystals are the only ones I know about atm)
It seems to me that it's only taking consumable items like Potions, Crystals, etc., although I'm not sure if it effects boss summoning items as well.
I would overall stay away from spear-like weapons. (I had the trident in the most top left spot on the inventory by the way)

Not sure if someone has reported this bug but when fighting the brain of cthulhu in multiplayer only the host can see the creepers and is the only one being targeted by them. The other players can't see the creepers or being hurt by them. All the players can still kill the creepers.

Not sure if someone has reported this bug but when fighting the brain of cthulhu in multiplayer only the host can see the creepers and is the only one being targeted by them. The other players can't see the creepers or being hurt by them. All the players can still kill the creepers.

Yeah I've mentioned this before. They don't seem to care. Also, when player 1 is up in the sky, player 2 deep underground will have Wyverns and Harpies spawn. The game's a bit of a mess!

A post from someone who was not helped by the Wiki

On my 3ds, I think I found a glitch. I was happily playing in an Arctic biome cuz I think they're the coolest biome and I went back to my house. It was not a blood moon. An Eskimo zombie comes to my door and I laugh at it. But it opened my door!! It's not a game breaker, but it's really bugging me how I have to block my doors every night.
Please tell if this is a bug or not!!
[doublepost=1492858808,1492858656][/doublepost]Also, not as annoying, but a piranha glitched into a block in my hellevator once, but technically it's a cavernevator.
[doublepost=1492858928][/doublepost]
Huh.. So it was my chlorophyte armor thatcaused the crashes.. Well, who knew nature was so lethal..
Plantera is lethal if you suck at Terraria

A post from someone who was not helped by the Wiki

On my 3ds, I think I found a glitch. I was happily playing in an Arctic biome cuz I think they're the coolest biome and I went back to my house. It was not a blood moon. An Eskimo zombie comes to my door and I laugh at it. But it opened my door!! It's not a game breaker, but it's really bugging me how I have to block my doors every night.
Please tell if this is a bug or not!!

It seems to be a normal feature on the 3DS version. I've also tested it a few times right now, and they've always broke the door.
But the 3DS version is really a little bit wierd. I've also seen some Hardmode monster in the Mushroom biom before I had defeated the Wall of Flesh.

I like the 3ds terraria game I am really far ahead of it I just don't like how my guide says get rid of the corruption and battle the boss in the corruption even though I have already idk if its just mean having that problem also it keeps saying like every few minutes that someone wants to move in but I wait no one moves in and yes I have suitable houses I have like 7 open houses but s/he wont move in. Maybe I should get the update sooner or later but I can't

Back
Top Bottom