3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

In my opinion, Terraria in the 3DS is the best portable version, the mobile version of Terraria does not have good controllers, PS Vita is very rare to found and is very expensive, at least it will come to the Switch (With the version 1.3), but Terraria 3DS is not comparable with the other console versions, they is equivalent to 1.2 and the other versions is comparable to 1.2.4, Terraria 3DS haves content like the 2 events of 1.2.2, Duke fisron or Fishing, but does not have Mounts (Except the minecart), they does not have online, only local multiplayer, i do not think they want to do it equivalent to version 1.2.4 becauseTerraria come to the Switch, and they will only get updates to fix bugs, but it is a good version, not the best, but very good...

I have a Lepus problem
The giant eggs they lay( the one that spawns another Lepus) spawn in the ground, and I can't destroy them
Long story short, There are like 5 lepus bosses

Report (don't know if bug or not)- On the Chlorophyte Claymore, I was trying to compare it between it and the saber, so i looked online to a reliable source, which said that it has a knockback of 6(average). However, when I looked at the claymore in-game, the info section said that is had extremely high knockback. Confused, I removed all of my armor and accessories-(full turtle armor, Quick Bundle Of Balloons, Flame Wings, Frostspark Boots, Violent Ankh Shield, and a Fire Gauntlet) and looked at the Claymore again, and it was still the same. Does anyone have any insight to this? (the Claymore's knockback appeared unchanged in the source's posted changelog)

K cool.
My potions don't work I try to drink them and they do nothing but they give me the potion sickness affect this really affects me because I can't heal when I am trying to beat a boss that I can't go to the nurse for healing golem

Possibly a feature or just a slight bug is that if you have a debuff/buff you don't like, if you go into your inventory screen, the world's time will stop, you can't move, you don't take damage, time of day doesn't pass, etc, as it should. However, if you go into your debuff/buff screen (press 'x' on the character screen) when you rollover a debuff/buff, the debuff/buff countdown continues, allowing to use potions one minute apart in real time, and resume where you left off. This trick has saved my skin plenty of times, and allowed me to beat the mechanical bosses.:)

THEY NEED TO SUPPORT OUR VERSION!! I ONLY LIKE THE 3DS BUILD MODE!! I WANT BUGFIX FOR 3DS!!:dryadmad:
[doublepost=1497118446,1497118271][/doublepost]
Possibly a feature or just a slight bug is that if you have a debuff/buff you don't like, if you go into your inventory screen, the world's time will stop, you can't move, you don't take damage, time of day doesn't pass, etc, as it should. However, if you go into your debuff/buff screen (press 'x' on the character screen) when you rollover a debuff/buff, the debuff/buff countdown continues, allowing to use potions one minute apart in real time, and resume where you left off. This trick has saved my skin plenty of times, and allowed me to beat the mechanical bosses.:)

Yeah, some glitches are useful, like sometimes torches (which I never use thanks to my pet Shadow Orb) won't use my wood up.
But most bug me A LOT.
Like Queen Bee not giving me a guaranteed drop.
No hornet staff for me I guess.

[doublepost=1497118671][/doublepost]
In my opinion, Terraria in the 3DS is the best portable version, the mobile version of Terraria does not have good controllers, PS Vita is very rare to found and is very expensive, at least it will come to the Switch (With the version 1.3), but Terraria 3DS is not comparable with the other console versions, they is equivalent to 1.2 and the other versions is comparable to 1.2.4, Terraria 3DS haves content like the 2 events of 1.2.2, Duke fisron or Fishing, but does not have Mounts (Except the minecart), they does not have online, only local multiplayer, i do not think they want to do it equivalent to version 1.2.4 becauseTerraria come to the Switch, and they will only get updates to fix bugs, but it is a good version, not the best, but very good...

My friends tablet crashed when he made it to Duke Fishron and he lost all his data. Yes, Duke Fishron. He went to go play on his Vita and that crashed too. I felt super lucky. Yolo

Same. Also, shoutout to Loki for promising to ask the team what is going on and then telling us what they said...about a couple of months ago now. Like what the heck man? Nothing should be kept a secret, if there will be updates, just say there will be but don't tell us the details. Or if the 3ds is abandoned, just freaking say it!

Half a year! And nothing. I don't care if there won't be updates anymore, just give us an official word rather than hide or run away.

I have a Switch, but don't expect me to buy your game again for a portable 1.3.

No one is hiding.

You know what I know - which is the last official word was that old 3DS was already bursting at the seams content wise and that *maybe* n3DS could hold some more features or whatnot at best...but that 1.3 wasn't happening. Last we all heard, that was predicated on "how well the game did on 3DS" over some period of time.

I ask when I can, but if you think I am hiding some direct answer, then I don't know what to say. Almost all of the focus for the last little bit has been on the crunch time push to 1.3 for console (on that side of the house). I mean, I would say it's sort of the same thing I am assuming given the open time with no clarity there (aka the game on n3DS didn't hit whatever mark was set). If that's the case, I still maintain it's a solid, albeit openly limited port of Terraria.

Not saying some people haven't had issues - but I know they tried to track each one down that they could. I have no way to say what the tech side of their QA or dev teams at CG directly found, etc. If this is indeed the "end of updates" for 3DS as it was for old gen console, then it's still a solid game - though I also completly understand some people won't be satisfied.

All that said, I will push again on this week's call by raising the exact criteria given (did it do "well enough" or is it done). Silence on my part isn't out of hiding - I just try my level best to not speak until I have all of the info and am confident in the answer. :)

I have a new 3DS!!! Please, please, PLEASE ADD IMP AND HORNET STAFF!! That's all I ask!
[doublepost=1497676056,1497675887][/doublepost]Mainly because my superspawn water candle edge of world farm isn't giving me slime staff and neither is my AFK one. And prehardmode mimics from chest statues are NO HELP.
[doublepost=1497676509][/doublepost]
Huh.. So it was my chlorophyte armor thatcaused the crashes.. Well, who knew nature was so lethal..

Well there's enraged plantera.
And when I was a noob dragon snatcher killed me. I'm not a noob anymore tho. Unless I'm put in hard mode. But prehardmode...
Eater of worlds ran away from me!!
It left! Then I put pink Eskimo on and it doesn't know what's deadly...

Last edited:
With the announcement that the 3DS will be supported beyond 2018, and with 65 million 3ds console sales thusfar, I ask the makers of terraria to reconsider how this forum and the 3ds development is being supported. The game is very playable, and as we can see from the 37 page long bugs thread it has some issues. In previous patch version threads the developers were quick to respond with updates regarding the development. In the present we are left completely in the dark. The 3ds, and terraria for 3ds, could easily make sales for the next 24 months. However, the state of this thread is messy. There are many MINOR complaints, and we are receiving no feedback that MINOR bugs are being worked on. I believe this reflects badly in the thread, which in turn reflects badly on the game itself; unnecessarily.

It's all in the details. A little goes a long way.

Leaving a 20 dollar game buggy, barely playable, and laggy beyond the point is freaking devastating. This port had so much potential yet it was left and abandoned.
But I can kinda see a sparkle through a crack. Maybe after the 1.3 update for mobile and consoles come out, maybe some words on this version will spill out of deanzor's mouth. 1.3 for those versions were announced last july, so we do have some hope.

Do you guys, even care about the 3DS Version anymore because I got myself a bug where my world will crash when it gets to quarter of the loading line. I have reason to believe my world is corrupted worst of all it's my main world, I refuse to delete it it's my main world. Is there any way to fix it, or could 505 games send a new update soon to fix my(and everyone else's ) worlds

lol my 3ds world thinks its Christmas (even though its not, and I haven't changed my 3ds internal clock.) the mobs are dropping presents, santa came in a vacant room, and its just been weird

Thank you Loki, for always trying to get us any information you can, it's greatly appreciated that someone cares enough to respond. I really don't believe that the devs would just abandon this port without any warning like this. As someone who has never really had any of these issues with corrupted worlds or constant crashing outside of an anomaly here and there(apparently I can leave the game on overnight while I sleep to grind loot and coins and never have any issues, but farming Chaos Elementals for a Discord Rod crashes me every 20 minutes???), I honestly feel bad for even booting up the game when I know there are people out there who can't even enjoy that much. I hope we can get some sort of news soon.

Nah I already knew about that but I think its what cause it -_-

My two sons and myself play Terraria on our 3DS all the time. I have the New 3DS XL and they both have the 3DS XL and we have no game breaking issues at all... The one issue we DO have is when fighting the brain, only the host sees the creepers... To me, this has been a great Terraria experience!

My two sons and myself play Terraria on our 3DS all the time. I have the New 3DS XL and they both have the 3DS XL and we have no game breaking issues at all... The one issue we DO have is when fighting the brain, only the host sees the creepers... To me, this has been a great Terraria experience!
Then I guess you are lucky :p good luck on fixing the brain problem.

Back
Top Bottom