3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

I think the tsunami is bugged lol, with the sacred arrows, the stars go upwards and not downwards...

Attachments

• top_0002.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 200
The least they could do is confirm the version is no longer being updated so I dont want to keep coming here to check for news.
This so much ^

Or even if they said that they are postponing this update because they want to focus on the other versions first with their 1.3 update. Any news is better than nothing, but developers don't know how to communicate these days. They mention about the positive news, while all the negative feedback and news gets pushed aside. Our views are hidden away in the forums that only a small minority of people would find or look at, so no need to focus on them (apparently).

TLDR at the bottom.

Welp. It's been almost 8 months since the latest 1.05 patch was released for the 3DS. I just got into the game recently and fell in love with it, but I feel hindered a bit by the fact that some things are not yet in the game, and I would like to know if there is any official word (I have not found any) regarding the future of this game.

Admittedly, I know the 3DS's processing power is not much, but I don't think that is the issue here. Maybe someone can come and correct me about that. I applaud the fact that expanded mode was created for the New 3DS version, but I believe you could go much more into it. For example, the original 3DS (I'll call it o3DS) shipped with half CPU cores, half the RAM and almost half the VRAM as the New 3DS (n3DS.) I've read somewhere that Terraria is already taking the 3DS to its limit, but that might be graphically wise. There are many other quality-of-life improvements that could be done to the game (like adding alternative ways to obtain certain gear, for example.)

I would honestly BUY a DLC that included everything in 1.3 PC for the n3DS if the option arised, because, even though the 3DS version is more expensive than the PC one, it has much less content. You hit a wall after killing Ocram and there are a few pieces of gear that I would love to be able to have. I am also talking about expert mode but I know that it might be extremely difficult to implement.

I guess my TLDR is this: I would love official word from Terraria and Codeglue regarding the future of this game on the 3DS. I would also love that they separated the versions and made upgrades (like 1.3 PC) on the n3DS if possible. Your silence is a bit frustrating for me and many other people. Was 1.05 the last update? Will there be more? There are game breaking bugs in 1.05 right now, so even addressing those would be a good step forward. I know that this post will get lost somewhere, probably never replied to, but I love this game enough to take some time off of my day to write all of this. I just hope you respect the playerbase enough to let us know your official stance, whatever it might be.

Once again, thanks for all your work.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that the 2DS XL (with the same processing power as the N3DS was released this month (last month in AUS) so it might be good monetarily for you guys to keep this game relevant, since new consoles capable of playing Expanded mode are still being released.

Last edited:
TLDR at the bottom.

Welp. It's been almost 8 months since the latest 1.05 patch was released for the 3DS. I just got into the game recently and fell in love with it, but I feel hindered a bit by the fact that some things are not yet in the game, and I would like to know if there is any official word (I have not found any) regarding the future of this game.

Admittedly, I know the 3DS's processing power is not much, but I don't think that is the issue here. Maybe someone can come and correct me about that. I applaud the fact that expanded mode was created for the New 3DS version, but I believe you could go much more into it. For example, the original 3DS (I'll call it o3DS) shipped with half CPU cores, half the RAM and almost half the VRAM as the New 3DS (n3DS.) I've read somewhere that Terraria is already taking the 3DS to its limit, but that might be graphically wise. There are many other quality-of-life improvements that could be done to the game (like adding alternative ways to obtain certain gear, for example.)

I would honestly BUY a DLC that included everything in 1.3 PC for the n3DS if the option arised, because, even though the 3DS version is more expensive than the PC one, it has much less content. You hit a wall after killing Ocram and there are a few pieces of gear that I would love to be able to have. I am also talking about expert mode but I know that it might be extremely difficult to implement.

I guess my TLDR is this: I would love official word from Terraria and Codeglue regarding the future of this game on the 3DS. I would also love that they separated the versions and made upgrades (like 1.3 PC) on the n3DS if possible. Your silence is a bit frustrating for me and many other people. Was 1.05 the last update? Will there be more? There are game breaking bugs in 1.05 right now, so even addressing those would be a good step forward. I know that this post will get lost somewhere, probably never replied to, but I love this game enough to take some time off of my day to write all of this. I just hope you respect the playerbase enough to let us know your official stance, whatever it might be.

Once again, thanks for all your work.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that the 2DS XL (with the same processing power as the N3DS was released this month (last month in AUS) so it might be good monetarily for you guys to keep this game relevant, since new consoles capable of playing Expanded mode are still being released.
The devs haven't said anything about anymore updates since 1.0.5 released.

Buff 136 is the mini minotaur, summoned by Tartar Sauce.
publicpreview.php

And I also have issues when I open the Map. When I open the map after switching the World the old map is still loaded and will be overwritten. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Buff 136 is the mini minotaur, summoned by Tartar Sauce.
publicpreview.php

And I also have issues when I open the Map. When I open the map after switching the World the old map is still loaded and will be overwritten. Maybe it has something to do with that.
We've known about these glitches, they're not getting fixed.

CodeGlue will also remain on board for any future 3DS updates.

I spoke to CodeGlue on their discord yesterday.
They said:
"Unfortunately we don't work on it anymore :(
So we don't have any knowledge about new patches or anything
Sorry!"

From this information, a number of conclusions can be reached.
1) The 3DS development ended when codeglue lost their contract and we are being ignored.
2) The Terraria developers have not decided if they are going to release another update or not, and so they are not commenting yet.
3) The next patch is being worked on, albeit slowly and cheaply, and so a timeframe for release is nowhere near. <- My guess

Why do I believe this? The PS3, XBOX 360, and WII U are no longer manufactured or distributed. The Vita mostly only sells in japan (15 million sales globally since launch).
Terraria stopped development on these markets since they are obsolete.

The PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and 3ds are all fresh markets. The 3DS has sold a lifetime of 67 million units. That is five times as many as the vita, over twice as many as the xbox one, more than the PS4 lifetime sales (60M). Weekly sales numbers look like:
-----------NA-------EU---------JP-------EARTH
PS4-----78,457--156,182---21,208---331,394
Switch-51,468---43,478----24,821---144,841
XBOX---39,424---26,633----152--------77,502
3DS-----20,972---12,766----15,897----52,093

3DS is a hot piece of hardware. Terraria is a hot game.

FIX THE HOT GAME ON THE HOT CONSOLE

Well fffffffffffffffffffffffffffish, guess that answers my question. 3DS version is in development-hell and has been there for who knows how long

...Oh well. It's just a letdown, really. I personally find the 3DS version the most enjoyable and I'm sure plenty others do too, but I know that the game even existing in the first place is a sign of divine grace... or intense corporate greed. Redigit even said, shortly after the launch of the 3DS, that it was a platform of interest but that it simply didn't work. The fact this version exists at all feels like a miracle, and I enjoyed it while it lasted. I can continue to enjoy the game on other consoles, but it never will be the same, not after the 3DS version and its short period of relevancy. I know it's an empty desire, of course, Terraria is a game that is very demanding of your computer, and continues to demand more as it updates, and the 3DS is 5-year old technology. But at the same time, I know that more could have been done to keep it going longer. I don't plan on checking this thread again any time soon, and if it hadn't just so happened to come up today I probably wouldnt have seen this news for a while. It's the first news for months, after all, and development-hell is not a place things tend to escape from in reasonable time. Rest in peace, Terraria for 3DS, it looks like the console will long be irrelevant before anybody cares.

"Unfortunately we don't work on it anymore :(
So we don't have any knowledge about new patches or anything
Sorry!"

Wow Devs! Way to tell us the truth on the matter...how long ago did this happen? All this time we just got told "we have no news on the matter" when really something did happen? Or what? I'm out, this is how you lose customers (and relationships in general). Communication is important in life

This is exactly what happened with Engine and Otherworld, isn't it? A long patch of silence, and when people got down to it to ask the ones in charge, they found out that they were just no longer involved.

I can't say I'm surprised. The 3DS version was a bit of a disaster. They should consider giving 3DS owners a free update to the Switch verison or a code for it on Steam or something.

• 3DS was said to not be able to run Terraria by game's creator (but they did it anyway $$$)
  • Game was rushed out to get the Christmas holiday sales
  • The game was running a very old version, ported from the mobile game
  • Despite a few updates and fixes, the game is buggier than a jungle biome during a blood moon
  • New 'fixes' would often introduce other bugs (remember chlorophyte armour? ...)
  • Many people report (myself included) losing game files to corrupt data, sometimes with tens or even hundreds of hours playtime
  • The devs/reps would maintain that the game is of highest quality and that the crashes never happen to them (BS)
  • Multiplayer would crash every 5 minutes. To give credit, they stopped the frequent crashes, but:
  • Enemies are often still not seen by player 2 in multiplayer. Enemies spawn in the wrong places. General bad sync issues all round
  • To top it off they go completely silent on us and don't even acknowlege the game's existence.

I could go on but you get the picture. Surely a free update to another version is the least they could do? :sigh:

Found this on 1.3 update for consoles post that is marked 26aug dunno if it helps:

Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement onthe next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon –today we’re only talking about PlayStationand Xbox, but rest assured there is goodnews coming imminently there. Not only willWii U be fully caught up with the otherconsole versions, but we’ll be confirmingone of the most requested features iscoming to 3DS. Thank you for yourcontinued support, and we’ll be checking inon TCF to answer any questions.
That is from last year's thread. From 2016.
Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Back
Top Bottom