3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

Whenever i try to load my main world as soon as the load bar reaches the orange area it crashes, either by exiting the game to the home menu saying an error has occurred, or by freezing so i have to turn it off.
asked this on nintendo forums, was told to come here.

Whenever i try to load my main world as soon as the load bar reaches the orange area it crashes, either by exiting the game to the home menu saying an error has occurred, or by freezing so i have to turn it off.
asked this on nintendo forums, was told to come here.
If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

On the 3DS version unfortunately there is no way to back up characters or worlds, so there’s no way to restore a backup.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

[05.12.16]
Update!

The 1.05 hotfix patch is now with Nintendo for testing. Until we get the first test feedback from Nintendo we can't project a go live date, but we're aiming to get this out inside two weeks.

The list below details the fixes that made it in. Please understand that we had to focus on the highest impact issues only to turn the patch around in a timely fashion. The other stuff that didn't make the cut is now on our bug database.

1. Chlorophyte armor full set crashes the inventory screen

2. Warning text for not being able to join an Expanded World game on an original 3DS was only available in English
Status: You guys didn't ask for this, but Nintendo did. Fixed.

3. Goblin and Pirate invasion events not spawning
Status: No bug here. Code checked, and events spawn at the correct rate. We're able to play the game with the time running much faster to test this. If you've had these events before, your probability drops to 1.25%. Jungle or otherwise has no bearing on this.

4. Music issues
Status: Not fixed. Seems to be an intermittent thing, and hotfix was focused on gamebreaking issues.

5. Precision Mode UI glitches (selection, Bone Pickaxe)

6. King Slime trophy spawn rate

Status: We looked at this again, and there was a slight mistake in the drop probability. Fixed.

7. Fishron Wings don't allow free movement underwater

8. Dragon Armor stats and bonuses are wrong

Status: Checked these against the Wiki for how they'd be in 1.2 and looks okay to us.

9. Glitches with lock on weapons (Snow Cannon, Piranha Gun)

10. Visual glitch with wooden walls

X. The altar crash and the crash at the edge of the world we are not able to reproduce yet, we'll keep trying.

Issues with consuming hearts/mana stars: still looking into this, but didn't make the hotfix.

[24.11.16 1100]
Update on the crash issue:

It seems that the Leaf Crystal and the projectiles that come from it are the cause of the instability. It's possible that other items with a projectile effect may be affected, we are testing that now, and will update in this post with anything else you need to be wary of.

We've fixed the issue and created new submission builds, but the nature of Nintendo submissions means that even if we submitted today it would be a couple of weeks at the absolute earliest before the fix was live for you. The holidays mean Nintendo America is closed until next week now anyway, so we will take the couple of days to test and highlight other issues, and make a call on if there's anything else we need to urgently fix alongside this issue.

The latest info will always be in this thread. Apologies again, hope it doesn't spoil your fun too much over Thanksgiving.

Confirmed okay:
Spectre Armor full set
Orichalcum Armor full set
Love Potion
Flask Of Party
Inferno Potion
Enchanted Sword
Beam Sword
True Excalibur
True Night's Edge
Terra Blade
Ice Blade
Starfury
Bee Keeper
Ice Sickle
Chlorophyte Partisan
Frostbrand
Death Sickle
Mushroom Spear
Flairon
North Pole
Christmas Tree Sword
Chlorophyte Claymore
The Horseman's Blade

Confirmed bad:
Chlorophyte armor full set

Please can you continue updating the 3ds version of terraria? That piranha gun glitch is still not fixed and the music bug the patch notes said not YET fixed for the gun
[doublepost=1546539698,1546539576][/doublepost]
If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

On the 3DS version unfortunately there is no way to back up characters or worlds, so there’s no way to restore a backup.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
Yes there is you need to copy the ALL of the SD card files to a computer but when you restore them depending on how old the data is some of the save data will be older DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF SAVE DATA
[doublepost=1546539843][/doublepost]
I must say that I am extremely disappointed in the way that the devs have handled this port.
With the new 3ds having full nintendo support through 2018, this port should not have been abandoned. It is likely that the new 3ds would have the power to run the 1.3 updates.
But without any word from the devs and them just abandoning the project like so is an insult to the original development team. Ontop of that we all payed well more than we should have for a half-assed port.
For such a beloved game on an amazing console to be thrown around, dismissed, abandoned and left in such a state that many of its players find this game to be not figuratively, but literally unplayable, and those that are lucky enough to be able to play it have game breaking issues like corrupted worlds and an infestation of bugs rendering the game virtually unplayable and effectively preventing the players from being able to progress in any meaningful manner.
Its despicable really.

Yes I am angry and i hope both the original development team and 505games see this.
Because I am annoyed that a game that i love and spent a decent sum of money on has essentially been ripped apart and forgotten about.
We payed too much for this game to be forgotten about and left unfinished, I payed money expecting a port of my favorite game on my favorite console to be at the very least PLAYABLE. The fact that it isn't even playable half the time and has been forgotten about is unacceptable.

Final words and summary:
The devs need to get ontop of this and get the team working on this to step up. They have left your game partially unplayable and unfinished.
Unless the team can get this to be worth even half of what we payed for it, you should honestly reimburse us for providing a half-assed incomplete game that is a shoddy ripoff.
Yeah man! I spent over 100 hours on it!
[doublepost=1546539948][/doublepost]
I don't know is this is a bug in my game I have been farming plantera and for some reason one of the drop is a ITEMNAME[5075] is a zappinator and I don't know why it says 0 Mana to fire I'm on original 3ds and sorry for my bad inglish I'm Spanish and I don't know if someone speak Spanish here
[doublepost=1504602205,1504601848][/doublepost]And a nother thing why Terraria on original 3ds run on normal memory mode and not in extended memory mode if Terraria original 3ds ran on extended memory mode it gonna run much better and don't lags a lot
The 3ds does not have ENOUGH memory to support it

Man, this port did not go well. Deanzor hasn't been online since 2017, the games a mess, both buggyness and its performance, the moderators and devs are probably confused why everyone hasn't moved on to mobile or console and PC. I mean, the games 10 bucks on steam, and can run on a shredded cantaloupe. And if you don't have a PC available, there's...
PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Mobile, PS Vita, Wii U (also as dead as this version)
and soon to be Nintendo Switch.

E3E4EACE-AC88-4A5F-9D38-403777456717.jpeg
I think I found a bug. So here me out. Im playing the game on my new 3DS XL and I decided to make some different items like a cactus chest. I have all the ingredients for the thing but it doesn’t show up. The problem is that its not showing up in the crafting area along with other items that aren’t appearing such as: Cactus platform, Cactus table, etc. I think the problem is that whenever you make something that unlocks different crafting recipes, such as the saw mill, it deletes the previous items. If u know how to fix this glitch please tell me.

View attachment 222342 I think I found a bug. So here me out. Im playing the game on my new 3DS XL and I decided to make some different items like a cactus chest. I have all the ingredients for the thing but it doesn’t show up. The problem is that its not showing up in the crafting area along with other items that aren’t appearing such as: Cactus platform, Cactus table, etc. I think the problem is that whenever you make something that unlocks different crafting recipes, such as the saw mill, it deletes the previous items. If u know how to fix this glitch please tell me.
Those items are not available on the 3DS version.

The 3DS version is essentially equivalent to the PC v1.2.0 version, with a few newer things. Cactus furniture did not appear in the PC version until v1.2.3 and after.

It was announced quite some time ago that the 3DS version will not be getting further updates.

Ok thanks for the info but on the terraria wiki when browsing through chests, the crafting recipe for a cactus chest doesn’t give the version exclusive icons? Did they forget to update it?

Attachments

• 1B97C5A3-EB27-4E7F-B4CA-2D9C9BBC2FF7.jpeg
    1B97C5A3-EB27-4E7F-B4CA-2D9C9BBC2FF7.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 148
Ok thanks for the info but on the terraria wiki when browsing through chests, the crafting recipe for a cactus chest doesn’t give the version exclusive icons? Did they forget to update it?
It seems that they did, but that wiki is updated by the community at large, not by Re-Logic. There may be errors and omissions. The page for Cactus seems accurate as to when craftable content was introduced.

Hey there! So, I have two minor graphical glitches, with one being more... severe then the other. Me and my brother both have accounts, but my brother made his a bit later. My wings show up on his avatar, even though he dosen't wear any. I don't know what causes this.

This one's the one why I made this post though. My HP dosen't display right. I still lose hp like normal (tested it by falling into lava) but it shows it as though I have a normal 5 hearts. The hearts are small and not big, if that helps, and my brother has 5 hearts. He also played the tutorial recently. Do I have to delete his account to fix it?

Hey there! So, I have two minor graphical glitches, with one being more... severe then the other. Me and my brother both have accounts, but my brother made his a bit later. My wings show up on his avatar, even though he dosen't wear any. I don't know what causes this.

This one's the one why I made this post though. My HP dosen't display right. I still lose hp like normal (tested it by falling into lava) but it shows it as though I have a normal 5 hearts. The hearts are small and not big, if that helps, and my brother has 5 hearts. He also played the tutorial recently. Do I have to delete his account to fix it?
Hi there @Servantoftheskeletons, welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing this. :)

The 3DS version of Terraria won’t be receiving any more updates due to system limitations, so the issues present in the current version will remain. Hopefully, even with these issues you’re able to work around them and enjoy the game as it is.

Oh, ok. Thanks!

System limitations for what? Bug fixes?
I’m assuming for adding in any further content as the 1.3 update required a bit of a jump in minimum specs needed, particularly RAM, and at a certain point it can be said that there is a natural stopping point for development even including bug fixes. I know it may not be the news you want, or even what you agree with, but that’s my take on things. :)

Is there any possible way for me to load my world in Terraria? Every time I try to open it up it starts to load but then completely crashes the game?( it also forces the console to restart?)I play on new 3ds xl if that helps. If there is a possible way for me to do this that would be nice.

Is there any possible way for me to load my world in Terraria? Every time I try to open it up it starts to load but then completely crashes the game?( it also forces the console to restart?)I play on new 3ds xl if that helps. If there is a possible way for me to do this that would be nice.
Hi @24hyperknight, I’m sorry to say that it sounds like that world is a corrupted file. I don’t believe there are ways to backup your saves on 3DS, so there is nothing that can be done to restore it.

Back
Top Bottom