Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

So the Moon Lord is Cthulhu?
[doublepost=1558097768,1558097663][/doublepost]but also part of his skeleton...... WAIT, I THINK IT'S SKELETRON WHO IS THE "Part of his skeleton"!

This has some neat ideas, but a good number of holes. I would recommend playing the game a bit more before making another attempt at writing a cohesive story for it. Additionally, Terraria is a much sillier game than this. Try to remember the element of dumb fun the game has, and incorporate that tone a bit into the writing. Overall, it's not bad for your first fanfic, you just need a little more practice.

This has some neat ideas, but a good number of holes. I would recommend playing the game a bit more before making another attempt at writing a cohesive story for it. Additionally, Terraria is a much sillier game than this. Try to remember the element of dumb fun the game has, and incorporate that tone a bit into the writing. Overall, it's not bad for your first fanfic, you just need a little more practice.
I WILL NOT write Terraria fanfiction. (Ok, maybe a little...)
[doublepost=1558098655,1558098565][/doublepost]
I WILL NOT write Terraria fanfiction. (Ok, maybe a little...)
(Lunatic Cultist x Party Girl, Fishron x Female Retinazer)

I think most players already had all of this lore figured out pretty well. So, what was Ocran? And are WE the bad guys? And why are the Corruption/Cromson taking over the WHOLE world? And why a giant freaking wall of FLESH for a guardian? I mean, I love that their is lore now, but I think this could have been thought over better. And why make mechanical parts for the Moon Lord if he already has those parts? And I always thought the Lizhards were the main race on the planet, not the Dryads or dungeon people. And what are the solar pillars? I think this lore shouldn't have been released until an update with new comments from the Mechanic and more little hints (other than boss names and item tags) were placed. If this had all been postponed, we wouldn't need to ask these questions, and we players could get a fuller, more complete, more satisfying experience from the game. This lore is a great start, but not enough was done prior to its showcasing to really make it applicable.

I love the extra lore. However there are two things about it that I (personally) would change if I could.

1. The notion that the Terraria world (and possibly universe) was created by “The Gods”. I personally hate the ‘world was created by the gods’ story. It just urks me.

2. Wait...human sacrifices to the crimson? Whoa.. that’s really unnerving... whoa...

Other than that, I find the lore fun and interesting. Kept it up devs!

P.S. Does anyone else find that skull drawing on page 4 funny? (like haha funny) or is it just me?
[doublepost=1558107421,1558107282][/doublepost]
I think most players already had all of this lore figured out pretty well. So, what was Ocran? And are WE the bad guys? And why are the Corruption/Cromson taking over the WHOLE world? And why a giant freaking wall of FLESH for a guardian? I mean, I love that their is lore now, but I think this could have been thought over better. And why make mechanical parts for the Moon Lord if he already has those parts? And I always thought the Lizhards were the main race on the planet, not the Dryads or dungeon people. And what are the solar pillars? I think this lore shouldn't have been released until an update with new comments from the Mechanic and more little hints (other than boss names and item tags) were placed. If this had all been postponed, we wouldn't need to ask these questions, and we players could get a fuller, more complete, more satisfying experience from the game. This lore is a great start, but not enough was done prior to its showcasing to really make it applicable.

Here’s an answer, Orcam is Marco spelled backwards. ;)

I'm expecting the Lore of the Red Hat when the 10th anniversary rolls around

Whoa there Chip, don’t ya think we’re jumping the gun a little with the “lore of the red hat”?

I believe rather that the more pressing matter lies within the tome that details the secrets of the right pocket of the blue trousers. I mean seriously, why isn’t the old man’s hand in his pocket? Is he hiding something? Is it a mini shark, a hover board, or *gasp* a cactus toilet?!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!!
[doublepost=1558108292,1558108081][/doublepost]
Just one problem with all that. This was written by ReDigit, and probably Cenx as well. So as far as terminology goes this is the official lore.

Can you call lore written by the creator of the game fanfic? Is there a term for that? I bet there is. Probably got a whole page on TVTropes too.

I’m not trying to put down the hard work it took them to make the lore. I was just voicing my opinion on two matters that stuck out to me.

Regardless I did find the lore fascinating.

Please don't leave. No matter how "official" this is, and despite never having seen any of your lore, I can almost assure you whatever you have has had more thought put into it than this ... logical disaster.
Remember this: As long as this isn't put INTO the game itself, it has absolutely no bearing. I doubt any of Re-Logic thought of 90% of this in the first place, for 90% of development. After the... Mixed responses they're getting I'm rather unsure it'll even stay "canon". If they did, and this has been the official lore for several years, then they really need to hire a writer or six.

Yeah very funny. But seriously if he was that insistent on getting in charge of a game then he should just make his own gosh-darned game already.
Like... Really. They have such a massive, paid dev-team at this point that I don't know why they haven't made Calamity into a whole new indie IP, especially given it doesn't have any direct links to Terraria copyright. They could do so much more. They clearly want to do so much more than Terraria's engine can allow.

...Intestine... That makes... Some semblance of sens......
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
But that wasn't implied to have been removed, and The Eater is clearly a Corruption creature, and...
GAH THIS LORE IS A MESS can we PLEASE forget this post happened and just go back to Terraria having no official lore other than occasional half-serious tweets?

Also they said the mechanical brain is unfinished, which I take as code for "yeah we're never gonna give you a Mech Boss version of BoC".

Ur good at this did you make YOUR OWN LORE? Yes this lore doesnt make any sense in alot of points but people opinion is just their imo their thoughts are their thoughts like that "intestine" comment i saw that it specified "JOKED" and relogic itself is not a writer and this is probably their first time WRITING this lore and they somehow imo did good in some point and not "A MESS" as you stated every lore has mess if your a writer i respect your opinion

Happy 8th Terraria Anniversary everyone! Eight years is a long time indeed, and it has been a wild ride – one full of ups and downs, joy and challenges, and a whole lot of additions to the game we all love so much. What began as a game that ended with Skeletron has flourished into an expansive adventure that spans multiple diverse biomes, culminating in an epic battle against the dreaded Moon Lord!

We never could have made it this far without your amazing, unwavering support – and we promise we never have and never will take that lightly or for granted. Thank you!

As a way of celebrating the occasion, we figured it would be fun to give everyone a little peek behind the curtain into the “what”, “why”, and “how” of this great Terrarian adventure! Why are things in the world the way they are? What’s the deal with the Dryad? Read on to have your burning questions answered… and even deeper questions raised – because after all, its still your adventure as well!

Yet the story will continue on as us, being terrarians, will keep the world alive!!!

Neat story but, there is a huge plot hole that I can't really understand

Like, the story suggest that the one who kidnap Mechanic is the Lunatic Cult
but, in game, Old Man/Clothier said that it is him who kidnap Mechanic (in one of his quote "I keep having vague memories of tying up a woman and throwing her in a dungeon.") and it's never really shown or told that Clothier was or is part of the cult.

Hopefully this will be cleared in future lore post

(also I was hoping that they also include the "Dungeon Factions" lore)

The Crimson creepily reminds me of The Gnaw from Don’t Starve Together’s “The Gorge” event, as well as myself... gladly consuming “sacrificed bodies,” and by “sacrificed bodies,” I mean lots of “snackrificed” food (pun intended)! ~:p

Back
Top Bottom