Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

It's odd though - the Hallow is also associated with chaos, one of its underground enemies being the Chaos Elemental. Light mummies and the Dao of Pow also inflict Confusion, but that's a weaker and less exclusive link between the Hallow and anarchy. Its indiscriminate (save for the jungle) devouring of purity and evil biomes in the name of light is essentially its modus operandi.
The corruption also gives off an air of some kind of order - all the enemies except recently-corrupted wildlife seem cut from the same cloth - brownish, amorphous monsters with no visible organs but eyes and fangs. Sure, it might be decaying, but it's all decaying the same way.
The crimson is definitely chaotic - most of its enemies look as if the biome would do whatever it takes to survive by infecting other beings, rather than digesting and creating its own legions. Its theme is also more chaotic than the corruption

The biome suggestions by Zoomo and Tovlyn, in my opinion, frame the different evils in a very interesting way by adding very thematic alternates. Non-canon food for thought.
Corruption (amorphous darkness) vs Hallow (chaotic light)
Crimson (fleshy anarchy) vs Cyber (mechanical order)
Contagion (blooming death) vs Covert (autumnal life)
Also actually crimson enemies have the same color, looks like they're made from same stuff, why you call this "anarchy" then?
unknown.png

unknown.png
The fishes also look the same, compare blood feeder and crimtane goldfish to this:
unknown.png
Also by name of the paintings sold when painter is in crimson/corruption we can see that crimson is somewhat releated to death too. I mean gore = something is killed = death. Also wtf is contagion? It's not even vanilla terraria stuff, we discuss here the non-modded terraria.
unknown.png
So the crimson is actually just blood'n'gore version of corruption... And stronger so always choose crimson!
On the other hand, Hallow unlike corruption and crimson is filled with magical creatures while in evil biomes creatures are clearly biological.
unknown.png

unknown.png
So it's a fair counterpart to both biomes.

Kinda wonder how the Lihzahrd fit in all this.
And Skeletron for that matter. Skeletron Prime is certainly not a replacement skull for Cthulu, just a mechanized version of the very human-skulled Skeletron we all know and love.

The spine
We can see, however, that the Moon Lord clearly still has his spine, so it's far more likely that it's the intestines. It would make sense considering it's the mechanized version of the EATER OF WORLDS, and the intestines are part of your digestive tract...

:hoppinjack::pslime::yslime::lslime::rslime::kingslime::pslime::bslime::cslime::islime::sslime::pslime::pinky::gslime::bluslime:This is so cool!

`:naughty::dryadcool:
Looks like Pinky is a rogue `;)
[doublepost=1560387006,1560386832][/doublepost]The lore was well written, but, as aforementioned, has multiple holes.
-Plantera and the Jungle Temple
-Slimes
-Where the Moon Lord came from
-The Mystery behind the Mysterious Tablet
-WTF is Duke Fishron?
-Goblins?
-Pirates?
-MARTIANS?
-Frost Legion, Moon, and Pumpkin Moon
-Infinate others.
[doublepost=1560387108][/doublepost]How do you become a steampunker?

How do you become a steampunker?

That is obtained by having your Forum Account linked with your Steam Account.

Because this is off-topic from the Thread here, it would be better to ask about it on this Thread: Official - Titles, Ranks, & Trophies - Help & Support or to send me a PM for information about Forum Titles.

Also as a tip, you can use the "edit" button on the bottom right of your post to edit in more info after you've already posted.

That is obtained by having your Forum Account linked with your Steam Account.

Because this is off-topic from the Thread here, it would be better to ask about it on this Thread: Official - Titles, Ranks, & Trophies - Help & Support or to send me a PM for information about Forum Titles.

Also as a tip, you can use the "edit" button on the bottom right of your post to edit in more info after you've already posted.
Thanks Aurora.

I've just realized something. It says "scraps of information" at the beginning, so there IS an excuse for this lopsided lore. `:naughty:

Last edited:
I have a question, on the wiki under trivia it suggests that the moonlord is cthulhu's brother but the lore suggests that the moonlord is Cthulhu himself. Is one wrong and is one right?

Anyways I think it's neat that they made lore but sadly I made my own lore and I like it better. I may take some of your ideas though, and tweak mine.

Happy 8th Terraria Anniversary everyone! Eight years is a long time indeed, and it has been a wild ride – one full of ups and downs, joy and challenges, and a whole lot of additions to the game we all love so much. What began as a game that ended with Skeletron has flourished into an expansive adventure that spans multiple diverse biomes, culminating in an epic battle against the dreaded Moon Lord!

We never could have made it this far without your amazing, unwavering support – and we promise we never have and never will take that lightly or for granted. Thank you!

As a way of celebrating the occasion, we figured it would be fun to give everyone a little peek behind the curtain into the “what”, “why”, and “how” of this great Terrarian adventure! Why are things in the world the way they are? What’s the deal with the Dryad? Read on to have your burning questions answered… and even deeper questions raised – because after all, its still your adventure as well!

Cool now I know what I'm doing... I MUST FEED THE CORRUPTION!!!
[doublepost=1561478188,1561478098][/doublepost]
I have a question, on the wiki under trivia it suggests that the moonlord is cthulhu's brother but the lore suggests that the moonlord is Cthulhu himself. Is one wrong and is one right?

Anyways I think it's neat that they made lore but sadly I made my own lore and I like it better. I may take some of your ideas though, and tweak mine.
No the guy that controls the old ones army is his brother.

Happy 8th Terraria Anniversary everyone! Eight years is a long time indeed, and it has been a wild ride – one full of ups and downs, joy and challenges, and a whole lot of additions to the game we all love so much. What began as a game that ended with Skeletron has flourished into an expansive adventure that spans multiple diverse biomes, culminating in an epic battle against the dreaded Moon Lord!

We never could have made it this far without your amazing, unwavering support – and we promise we never have and never will take that lightly or for granted. Thank you!

As a way of celebrating the occasion, we figured it would be fun to give everyone a little peek behind the curtain into the “what”, “why”, and “how” of this great Terrarian adventure! Why are things in the world the way they are? What’s the deal with the Dryad? Read on to have your burning questions answered… and even deeper questions raised – because after all, its still your adventure as well!

This game has a lot more to it than I thought. Not just a sandbox game confirmed.

Too bad the lore store series was not turned canon. It was amazing

Back
Top Bottom