Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

So I recently read through the lore again, this time in a more critical sense and oh boy is there multiple problems here.

My first issue is this whole aspect of “balance“. How on earth is the Crimson and Corruption achieving balance by destroying the Purity, a biome that physically cannot defend itself? If the Purity could reclaim itself from the Corruption/Crimson meaning the evil and pure biome are at odds the balance thing could work better as both biomes are trying to take over the other leaving a balance of purity and impurity.

Speaking of Corruption, that’s my second problem. The lore describes the Corruption as the sins of the Terrarians. Here’s my question, what sins spawn the Corruption and more importantly how can doing multiple people doing evil create a wasteland of a biome? With the Crimson and Hallow at least, it’s explained better why the biome is the way that it is, a sentient hive mind and light trying to undo the evil biomes respectively.

My third issue is the fact the Golem, Plantera, and the Lihzahrds are mysteriously absent here. Golem and Plantera are major bosses responsible for progression and in Golem’s case, it’s defeat spawns the Cultists. It would be nice to know why that happens.

My final issue is with Cthulhu himself. If Skeletron is pieces of Cthulhu why does he look nothing like Cthulhu(Moon Lord), (the same could also be said for Prime)? If the Moon Lord is the Cultist attempt to resurrect Cthulhu, why does he spawn after the event that is trriggered upon Cultist defeat? (Unless Cultist was trying to summon him but he was incomplete and he came after you with what he had also if that’s the case that should have been explained)

So I recently read through the lore again, this time in a more critical sense and oh boy is there multiple problems here.

My first issue is this whole aspect of “balance“. How on earth is the Crimson and Corruption achieving balance by destroying the Purity, a biome that physically cannot defend itself? If the Purity could reclaim itself from the Corruption/Crimson meaning the evil and pure biome are at odds the balance thing could work better as both biomes are trying to take over the other leaving a balance of purity and impurity.

Speaking of Corruption, that’s my second problem. The lore describes the Corruption as the sins of the Terrarians. Here’s my question, what sins spawn the Corruption and more importantly how can doing multiple people doing evil create a wasteland of a biome? With the Crimson and Hallow at least, it’s explained better why the biome is the way that it is, a sentient hive mind and light trying to undo the evil biomes respectively.

My third issue is the fact the Golem, Plantera, and the Lihzahrds are mysteriously absent here. Golem and Plantera are major bosses responsible for progression and in Golem’s case, it’s defeat spawns the Cultists. It would be nice to know why that happens.

My final issue is with Cthulhu himself. If Skeletron is pieces of Cthulhu why does he look nothing like Cthulhu(Moon Lord), (the same could also be said for Prime)? If the Moon Lord is the Cultist attempt to resurrect Cthulhu, why does he spawn after the event that is trriggered upon Cultist defeat? (Unless Cultist was trying to summon him but he was incomplete and he came after you with what he had also if that’s the case that should have been explained)
There are even more problems in the lore:
  • The devs have specifically stated before that the Moon Lord is NOT Cthulhu.
  • There is more than one dryad, and this is exemplified in the fact that when the Dryad dies, another one with a different name takes her place.
  • Also, why do the Mechs attack you after breaking a demon altar? Why not after rescuing the mechanic, theoretically the only one who can control them according to this? Plus, why the :red: would you program something that important and irreplacable to attack the strongest :red:ing thing on the entire continent? This lore is just... awful, and I sincerely hope the devs forget about it and NEVER add it to the base game.

Last edited:
Sooo Ocram was a demon? How did he get deleted from existence? I NEED ANSWERS
I don’t think there are any more answers than that. Pretty sure Red only said that so that people would stop asking about him and just forget about the overrated boss that he had no say in and was just a reskin of the Eye of Cthulhu.

Well Skeletron is chutulu's bones but why did the mechanic made a 4 arm skeleton for Chutulu and the lunatic cultist didn't care same for the twins one to many eyes and the lunatic cultist didn't care what about the Destroyer it isn't a brain is it? I don't also how would the Brain of chutulu be inside Skeletron.

Well Skeletron is chutulu's bones but why did the mechanic made a 4 arm skeleton for Chutulu and the lunatic cultist didn't care same for the twins one to many eyes and the lunatic cultist didn't care what about the Destroyer it isn't a brain is it? I don't also how would the Brain of chutulu be inside Skeletron.
Just squish the brain. Boom

That would be cool but how will the cutscene work for 1 Terraria is not a story game. but yeah it would be cool someone putting parts into chutulu and you fight

Well if there's a Chutulu boss it would be super hard look at the Lore even all united can't beat it and you need to find a way to seal it and i'll be twice as strong because the mechanical bosses are double the times hard.

Back
Top Bottom