PC Terraria - A Guide to Alchemy.

Commander Crocket

Official Terrarian
Greetings fellow Terrarians, both young and old! I present to you, for your viewing pleasure, an all-inclusive Steam Guide I have created on the basics and the finer points of alchemy in the world of Terraria, detailing the potions in the game, their effects, how to craft them and other relevant information. It was a little project I've been working on since May 2013 and have been making minor corrections here and there ever since.

EDIT: 1.3 is upon us! Added the new potions complete with the revamped sprites and amended existing potions with their new effects.

[1.3] => Terraria - A Guide to Alchemy

After you've finished reading the entirety of the guide, I'd appreciate it if you could rate and comment on the guide in the section below, or via Steam, preferably both.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you all enjoy the guide.

Last edited:
Wow, this is amazing! I think this is the most in-depth guide I have seen on these forums. Very good job on this, Commander, I'm disappointed this hasn't received a bit more recognition. Eh... oh well then. I'm sure it'll come soon, anyway.

Well, it's amazing. Very well done! Thanks for all your work put into it
Happy.png
!

This is like the ultimate trivial criticism, but since it's one of the very first things in your guide I couldn't help but notice the cost for a table is wrong. It should be 8 wood, not 10.

This is like the ultimate trivial criticism, but since it's one of the very first things in your guide I couldn't help but notice the cost for a table is wrong. It should be 8 wood, not 10.

I see what you mean. I have made the necessary amendments; you have my thanks and apologies.
You see, I started editing the guide in the Pre-1.2.4 era, where the costs of buying or crafting items differed from their current values.

Last edited:
Very useful guide. It's something what people would want and use.

And it's more handy than searching in the wiki.

Very nice and detailed. The only mistake is that flask imbuments do not go away when you die. I have tested that with the ichor effect.

I wasn't sure for a long time how it exactly worked, but thanks to this detailed guide to Alchemy, I finally understand it.
Thank you for your time and effort!

Back
Top Bottom