Member-Run Project Terraria Absolutus

I'm pretty sure he never intended to imply some form of competition between the two, and certainly not steal some imaginary spotlight.
Thank you! I am so tired of this.

Crocket, look, everyone on the whole forums knows you hate me. I hate me too, along with many others. I have 0 interest in competing with you. You've already got committed writers and much more planned. This was for me, as have many things in the past I've done that you've taken personally. Stop scraping old wounds, I beg of you. You've said something about this on my profile, and here. Can you just let that be enough?

Though I'd be hard-pressed to say I approve of the things you have done in the past, by no means do I hate you, or anyone for that matter. Since you've requested as such, I'll pursue the matter no further.

zo7iAAW.png

index.php

Terrarians, Forum-Goers, TCF-ites, we meet again. Well, I am very pleased with the results of the last serial in Terraria Absolutus. I’ve learned some things, and assessed a few odds and ends, from which I’ve drawn some conclusions I’d like to share with you nice folks. I plan to have a Papa Pixel’s in every installment, it's light and easy to read with good content. Surprisingly, it's one of the most difficult to research and write. I also quite like the satirical factors of the Terraria Absolutus, these being ‘The B.A.L.L.S. of TCF’ and ‘Kazzy’s Survival Guide for Incredibly Unpredictable and Unlikely Scenarios.’ I am determined to have at least one of the two in every edition.

This time around I will also be adding a new segment. Terraria Knowledge. I’d really like to conquer biomes, The Fallen Star Atlas, but I don't see that happening without a dedicated team. We’ll see.

I’d also like to ask if anyone is willing to contribute to the writing or artistic parts of the thread. I could use a banner for Kazzy’s Survival Guide, The B.A.L.L.S of TCF segment, and The Fallen Star Atlas. If you think that a possibility PM me for details, and you'll have my sincere gratitude. As for writers I could always use a writer, always, PM me or contact me on Steam for details on the subject.

And finally, I plan to highlight and promote literature threads I’ve found to be of significance or overlooked here in the intro. I will begin the habit in this installment.

index.php

Arachno-odia by: Kazzymodus
Another great tale by Kazzymodus, written in yet another intriguing narrative device. Unfortunately this gem was neglected. Go check it out!​

Artistic Credits: Anythin - @DerpoTheMagnificent - @Ginnoken - @Flor3nce2456

If you’d like a subscription, in order to be tagged every time a new release is made, make sure to specify in the thread. I’ve almost left a banner code for your signatures at the bottom of the thread. Don't forget your likes, comments, and feedback is/are deeply appreciated and welcome. If you really liked it spread the word in the form of an advertisement! Thank you @aWolfen & @Derunih for your help! (aWolfen: Fallen Star Bestiary | Derunih: Starfall Guide to General Alchemy)

index.php

00422B743BA17B07EE4648813013356495EC13E2

Dish 3: [Nutty Smoked Trout in Sauce]

divider.png

This variant of Smoked Trout has a traditional nuance of nuttiness with a tangy spin from the sauce and seaweed wrap. Many would consider the sauce grody and inedible but besides its origins it makes for a tasty serving.

divider.png

Tango_Tick1.png
- Medium
Bowl.png
- Serves 2 (Meal)
Tungsten_Watch.png
- 25 - 30 minutes

Ingredients:

- Grubby [ x4 ]
- Gel [x 1]
- Fireblossom [ x1 ]
- Grasshopper[ x2-3]
- Trout [x2]
- Marshmallows [x5]
- Seaweed [x4]

index.php
The first logical step is to make your sauce concoction. This may seem a little unconventional and unsettling but will later all blend together to form a complex and tasty sauce. Take a hold of your Grubbys and firmly massage the plate between abdomen and head. This should paralyze them so they don't move and can't feel. Retrieve your mortar and pestle and begin to grind down the creatures into a paste. Any stubborn exterior skin can just be thrown away.

After the sticky paste is made you can prepare to remove and dice the head’s center (pistil) of the Fireblossom as instructed before. Mix it into the solution and drop it in a pan. As soon as it's warmed up drop in the marshmallows. They will add minimal flavor but add a fluffy and thick texture. Whip the sauce until the desired density is acquired.

index.php
Quickly empty the pan onto a separate tray. Wipe the pan off with a disposable cloth and lather it about half of your gel, keeping the other half. Make sure the gel covers the whole pan. Filet both your trout according to size and smother in both the other half of the gel and your sauce. Wrap each filet in seaweed, the gel will help it stick. The seaweed wrap is edible and a great secret in getting a perfectly smoked fire-roasted trout.

Place in a cast iron pot oven and put into your campfire for 15 minutes before checking if done.

index.php
Simply drop your Grasshoppers into your gelled pan and let toast. Believe it or not Grasshoppers are rich in complex flavors both having a strong nuttiness and a hint of sardine without the oily or slimey texture. Stir heavily until the sizzling slows and they are golden brown. Add the sauce to the ‘hoppers and simmer for an additional 10 minutes adding the trout after 5. Plate, removing the seaweed is option and easiest done whilst eating.

Reviews:

100000! Apprentice Points! Haha!: [The Wizard]

<< This beverage is masterfully brewed! Haha! >>
(It should be noted this dish is not a beverage and I’ve no clue how he turned it into one.)

‘Glurp!’/5: [Slime]

<< ‘Sproing! Sproing! Sproing!’ >> (These vermin are not exactly cleared from the office just yet.)

index.php

index.php

STARFALL • Guide to Alchemy • Add. 02

index.php

Various Contributors

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello, all, welcome to the Starfall Guide to General Alchemy.

This addition instructs and describes our newest concoction and its effects: The Betryal Potion.

Concoction: Betrayal Potion

divider.png

Deathweed-stages.png

divider.png

Made by Teal

The Betrayal Potion is a herbally based concoction relying on catalysts found in several fish and stabilizers. If any is made or found only consume in small amounts, or keep in more convenient smaller flasks. It temporarily weakens its users sense of morality. Allowing the user to perform tasks he would usually be objected to on moral basis, but the user must still have some desire to commit the task. Be it boredom, or usefulness. It's volatility is short lived which may tempt a user to drink more, however, this may cause permanent deficits at a moral and mental capacity. That may be an intended use, on the contrary.

The Potion’s abilities can be used to harm yourself or others you would consider to be an ally. Experiments on less intelligent beings have yet to be conducted.

Brewing & Alchemical Info(s): Betrayal Potion

divider.png

Hemopiranha.png
Ebonkoi.png

divider.png

Made by Derunih

To mix up a batch of this most insidious of concoctions, you require 6 ingredients: The all important Bottle of Water, to serve as the base for the brew. Then, you require a most unusual pairing of fish: The Hemophirannha, known to focus one’s Rage, and is naturally found in the Crimson. The other, an Ebonkoi, known to peel back a person’s natural limiters, and is found in the Corruption. These have never been located in neighbouring locations before, and as such must be obtained separately, perhaps from the help of outside sources.

Once both fish have been obtained, some Pixie Dust helps to stabilise these two violent extremes, and helps them to coexist in one mixture. This allows for the catalysts to interact without destroying future ingredients. Deathweed compliments the active agents in the mixture, and binds them together as one bloodthirst-inducing puddle of hatred. As it stands, the concoction is still too volatile, and will actively attack the drinker’s system. Thus, the final ingredient is Fireblossom, to burn away some of the brew, watering it down to a safely drinkable potency.

Bottled_Water.png
-
Deathweed.png
....... [x3]
-
Hemopiranha.png
.... [x1]
-
Ebonkoi.png
.... [x1]
-
Pixie_Dust.png
..... [x2]
-
Fireblossom.png
....... [x3]

index.php

index.php

index.php

The Bureaucratic Academic Lamprophonic Literary Statement of TCF

The B.A.L.L.S. of TCF is a series of columns written by the peers of the B.A.L.L.S. of TCF group. This edition will be the second in an on-going effort.

divider.png

Dr. Awolph Fin-Terrarialand Security’s Cybercrimes Division has reported a massive surge in dangerous activity. An anonymous source has divulged that cyber plots such as spamming, ddos, and trolling, have been located. Now, we all know that these are just about the worst events to happen in all recorded history but our analysis reveals interesting factoids about their effectiveness. A test conducted on captive caged spambots has revealed that most are exclusively interested in advertising a catering service in a small town in Belgium in Japanese. Whilst this is annoying there is no real threat posed. Trollers on the other hand have reported being hurt themselves, even going as far to sue TCF for joining with intentions to troll only to leave with a persisting condition of “butt-hurt.” Many suffering from such conditions are prone to hallucinations involving thinking they are royalty and needing to take frequent, if not tens of hundreds of naps. The only casualties of these attacks seem to have been, luckily, supporters of the lewd trend.

Several members of the Terraria Community Forums have been arrested on charges of animal cruelty in the extreme. The members in question were found on property belonging to 505 Games. Apparently they broke into the grounds and were found brutally beating a horse that had been dead for weeks with baseball bats. One went as far to drive a golf cart over the animal and then reverse back onto it. Disturbed neighbors called it in. A ‘Mohmuh Sed Nokuout’ said that she at first “excused it as kids being kids but after a few decades it grew annoying.”

In related news a lethal plague(rion) has swept through the TCF valley. Members are claiming the forums are dying more rapidly than 505 has to bug fix mobile. One “Matsu,” a moderator of the community, has been quite publicly disgruntled by the claims. A source states that Matsu is so triggered that he may implode decimating all in sight, and undoubtedly cancelling T:Otherworld. To combat the claims he decided to use a different method than he first originally planned, copypasta-ing an image with information about the supposed death. His original plan involved paper, lemons, and a fully operable harpoon.

In a change of tune a descendant of a believed to be long dead tribe has been found within TCF. A professor on anthropological studies at the Smithsonian Institute has a few words on the matter. “The member of interest has roots tying him a social media site called Twitter, and his clear and definitive use of the tribal traits is what confirms our suspicions.” The tribal traits he talks of are his usage of profile status to convey absolutely everything he is doing from eating cereal to making dinner at any time, even whilst doing those activities. Unfortunate we cannot relay any additional information about the subject at this time (for fear he will “blow up” our alert boxes), except that he is 15, likes Nekos, once went by an alias of Sh4rpblade15, has been known for having long status conversations, and his social security and home address numbers.

That's all for now, more next installment with the undoubted arrival of new memes, new trends, and new details.

index.php

index.php

index.php

divider.png

Party_Girl.png

divider.png

WYVERNS

divider.png

Entry 10; Wyverns:

“Wyverns” are an especially rare species of aerial creatures found in the very skies in Terraria. Skies being a broad range, being from the edge of space itself to the very silver linings of clouds that cover the surface. Sightings of these majestic, draconic and serpentine creatures are proven to be very, very rare, as it is believe that they were once hunted for sport and therefor have their numbers as a species dwindled. Reports of a brownish red Wyvern are believed to be sightings of male Wyverns. This has yet to be proven.

Being the creatures of the skies they are, Wyverns have absolute mastery of the power of flight, and can and will easily outmaneuver anything that dares to challenge them. They are easily many times faster than any bird or anything with wings that’s known to Terrariakind, giving them a much greater advantage over anything that cannot keep up. How they are such experts at flight has been both a debate and a mystery for many generations, as they lack any pair of discernable wings. Theories suggest the use of magics, as magic is very present in Terraria and many other creatures are able to use it to their will. Another states that they harness the very wind to quickly glide them through the air. Their only known method of self-defense is to simply tackle down anything that moves in their proximity, as their limbs seem to be too small to be capable of swiping with claws.

GPS.png

index.php

Locating and Tracking:

Wyverns, logically being aerial creatures, are located at high altitudes. Though they can venture to lower altitudes, it can not be for an extended time. Their lungs are very large in comparison to their body that they cannot handle rapid change in oxygen. The temperature difference also causes internal swelling which is believed to be because of their cold-bloodedness. Similarly to “Diver’s Sickness” Wyverns also experience the very same symptoms because of vastly different air pressures.

Due to their size they are highly territorial, but rarely have territorial disputes. This is because nearly all Wyverns are female, and are inseminated as soon as they reach sexual maturity by a practically captive male. That in turn results in a limited number of Wyverns in Terraria. When one dies an inseminated female gives birth in order to replace it. If a male is needed, the female will venture to the corresponding area with the best temperature to increase her chances of having a male. All Wyverns have a territory from birth and do until they die, unless challenged by another Wyvern trying to gain the additional space before a replacement Wyverns can be birthed. They will be found at a lower altitude dependent on the size of their territory, though the minimum is approximately 360 feet above ground level.

One of the easiest ways to track them down is to construct a scalable pillar to a sky island, then simply wait. The same cannot be said about fighting them.

Life_Fruit.png

index.php

Taming:

Legend has often told of a human with the ability to ride a Wyvern. We can only assume as to a taming process. As mothers who have recently birthed assume the territory of her child until it can hold the territory you must kidnap the young. They cannot fly at time of birth and latch onto one of the mother’s fins until they can, so it will be very difficult to do so, and to escape with a pulse afterwards. If you do manage to capture one and escape with it you must spend an ample amount of time with it and form a paternal/maternal imprint with it. If teaching it how to fly is a requirement? Good luck.

Giant_Harpy_Feather.png

index.php

Habitat and Alimentation:

As mentioned before the Wyvern is native to the space and sky regions of Terraria. This drastically limits its food options. The only native food items are Harpies and other misguided creatures that somehow made it up so far, that may include humans. They have very slow metabolism on account of their size which luckily means they mustn’t hunt often and expend energy. When they do eat they coordinate with other Wyverns also in need of sustenance to form a hunting pod. Using a technique very similar to some species of marine life they here as many Harpies into one region of the sky and pick off as many as needed.

Lightning_Boots.png

index.php

Combat:

Because or prior-mentioned reasons Wyverns cannot dwell at a lower altitude for long and if threatened must take huge personal risk to expedite the termination of any implied thread. The easiest way for them to do so is nose dive into the target inducing massive blunt force trauma and knockback in the desired foe. The contact with their large dense scales has also been known to cause deep lacerations. It is probably desirable to not be in an elevated position above the ground as you may get knocked off or have little maneuvering space, through a solution is to extend and add bumper rails to the area. The best way to overcome the bombardment is to dodge the nose dive and attack from a side as they make the ark back up. Rinse and repeat.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Welcome to the first installment of Terraria Knowledge into the Terraria Absolotus. Please submit your own questions to be answered in Terraria Knowledge!

Bookcase.png

Question No. 10: What's the story behind the bodies of the slain vanishing? How and why do they disappear, where do they go? ~ asked by Lord Plaguerion.

Though it is suspected that magic has a biological element, down to the cellular level even, it has yet to be confirmed. We believe this to be cause of the rapid decomposition. Highly present magical auras in the sky theoretically pull or draw the cells and energy from the creature at all levels. From their they are recycle into the souls of other life forms most closely related to their alignment, or back into the hands of the Moon Lord to be repaired into the construct it once was.

This may account for the reappearance of beings that appear to be non-productive or why only certain enemies yield a harvestable soul.

The energies may even go as far to be contained by altars or filtered into the mana drawable by a caster. Hints such as the demonic voice narrating "the ancient spirits of light and dark and light have been release" may also be evidences of this. Analysis of the dungeon might also reveal insight as to these assumptions. The deaths of the reanimated seem to be quickly replaced, as if when one dies it is reborn. The metaphorical recycling may actually be the key element of necromancy. The appearance of the Dungeon Spirits may be an indication that the spirit has been released, now unsuitable for recycling.

index.php

index.php

I'm going to tag all the folks subscribed to the Bestiary and those who expressed interest in the writing. (Plus @Cryx @excession & @TheBezixx because they're my baes)

@cultist unhooded ,
@ShadeDragon ,
@Darkness Wizard ,
@The Flaming Crown ,
@Typhoon's Fury ,
@Lord Llama ,
@Ginnoken ,
@TheQuietBisharp ,
@Shadow gamer ,
@Agent Zero ,
@Kielbasa ,
@Vikri ,
@Shadow ,
@DerpoTheMagnificent ,

And the guys whom requested to be tagged, and subscribers:
@XenoCat ,
@king40606 ,
@Omega Neos ,
@Dire Sigma ,
@timothy the engineer ,
@( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Lenny ,

@Tsuki ,
@ppowersteef ,
@Omega Neos ,
@Ev1l0rd ,
@Treesmasher ,
& @aWolfen ...

zo7iAAW.png

index.php

Terrarians, Forum-Goers, TCF-ites, we meet again. Well, I am very pleased with the results of the last serial in Terraria Absolutus. I’ve learned some things, and assessed a few odds and ends, from which I’ve drawn some conclusions I’d like to share with you nice folks. I plan to have a Papa Pixel’s in every installment, it's light and easy to read with good content. Surprisingly, it's one of the most difficult to research and write. I also quite like the satirical factors of the Terraria Absolutus, these being ‘The B.A.L.L.S. of TCF’ and ‘Kazzy’s Survival Guide for Incredibly Unpredictable and Unlikely Scenarios.’ I am determined to have at least one of the two in every edition.

This time around I will also be adding a new segment. Terraria Knowledge. I’d really like to conquer biomes, The Fallen Star Atlas, but I don't see that happening without a dedicated team. We’ll see.

I’d also like to ask if anyone is willing to contribute to the writing or artistic parts of the thread. I could use a banner for Kazzy’s Survival Guide, The B.A.L.L.S of TCF segment, and The Fallen Star Atlas. If you think that a possibility PM me for details, and you'll have my sincere gratitude. As for writers I could always use a writer, always, PM me or contact me on Steam for details on the subject.

And finally, I plan to highlight and promote literature threads I’ve found to be of significance or overlooked here in the intro. I will begin the habit in this installment.

index.php

Arachno-odia by: Kazzymodus
Another great tale by Kazzymodus, written in yet another intriguing narrative device. Unfortunately this gem was neglected. Go check it out!​

Artistic Credits: Anythin - @DerpoTheMagnificent - @Ginnoken - @Flor3nce2456

If you’d like a subscription, in order to be tagged every time a new release is made, make sure to specify in the thread. I’ve almost left a banner code for your signatures at the bottom of the thread. Don't forget your likes, comments, and feedback is/are deeply appreciated and welcome. If you really liked it spread the word in the form of an advertisement! Thank you @aWolfen & @Derunih for your help! (aWolfen: Fallen Star Bestiary | Derunih: Starfall Guide to General Alchemy)

index.php

00422B743BA17B07EE4648813013356495EC13E2

Dish 3: [Nutty Smoked Trout in Sauce]

divider.png

This variant of Smoked Trout has a traditional nuance of nuttiness with a tangy spin from the sauce and seaweed wrap. Many would consider the sauce grody and inedible but besides its origins it makes for a tasty serving.

divider.png

Tango_Tick1.png
- Medium
Bowl.png
- Serves 2 (Meal)
Tungsten_Watch.png
- 25 - 30 minutes

Ingredients:

- Grubby [ x4 ]
- Gel [x 1]
- Fireblossom [ x1 ]
- Grasshopper[ x2-3]
- Trout [x2]
- Marshmallows [x5]
- Seaweed [x4]

index.php
The first logical step is to make your sauce concoction. This may seem a little unconventional and unsettling but will later all blend together to form a complex and tasty sauce. Take a hold of your Grubbys and firmly massage the plate between abdomen and head. This should paralyze them so they don't move and can't feel. Retrieve your mortar and pestle and begin to grind down the creatures into a paste. Any stubborn exterior skin can just be thrown away.

After the sticky paste is made you can prepare to remove and dice the head’s center (pistil) of the Fireblossom as instructed before. Mix it into the solution and drop it in a pan. As soon as it's warmed up drop in the marshmallows. They will add minimal flavor but add a fluffy and thick texture. Whip the sauce until the desired density is acquired.

index.php
Quickly empty the pan onto a separate tray. Wipe the pan off with a disposable cloth and lather it about half of your gel, keeping the other half. Make sure the gel covers the whole pan. Filet both your trout according to size and smother in both the other half of the gel and your sauce. Wrap each filet in seaweed, the gel will help it stick. The seaweed wrap is edible and a great secret in getting a perfectly smoked fire-roasted trout.

Place in a cast iron pot oven and put into your campfire for 15 minutes before checking if done.

index.php
Simply drop your Grasshoppers into your gelled pan and let toast. Believe it or not Grasshoppers are rich in complex flavors both having a strong nuttiness and a hint of sardine without the oily or slimey texture. Stir heavily until the sizzling slows and they are golden brown. Add the sauce to the ‘hoppers and simmer for an additional 10 minutes adding the trout after 5. Plate, removing the seaweed is option and easiest done whilst eating.

Reviews:

100000! Apprentice Points! Haha!: [The Wizard]

<< This beverage is masterfully brewed! Haha! >>
(It should be noted this dish is not a beverage and I’ve no clue how he turned it into one.)

‘Glurp!’/5: [Slime]

<< ‘Sproing! Sproing! Sproing!’ >> (These vermin are not exactly cleared from the office just yet.)

index.php

index.php

STARFALL • Guide to Alchemy • Add. 02

index.php

Various Contributors

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello, all, welcome to the Starfall Guide to General Alchemy.

This addition instructs and describes our newest concoction and its effects: The Betryal Potion.

Concoction: Betrayal Potion

divider.png

Deathweed-stages.png

divider.png

Made by Teal

The Betrayal Potion is a herbally based concoction relying on catalysts found in several fish and stabilizers. If any is made or found only consume in small amounts, or keep in more convenient smaller flasks. It temporarily weakens its users sense of morality. Allowing the user to perform tasks he would usually be objected to on moral basis, but the user must still have some desire to commit the task. Be it boredom, or usefulness. It's volatility is short lived which may tempt a user to drink more, however, this may cause permanent deficits at a moral and mental capacity. That may be an intended use, on the contrary.

The Potion’s abilities can be used to harm yourself or others you would consider to be an ally. Experiments on less intelligent beings have yet to be conducted.

Brewing & Alchemical Info(s): Betrayal Potion

divider.png

Hemopiranha.png
Ebonkoi.png

divider.png

Made by Derunih

To mix up a batch of this most insidious of concoctions, you require 6 ingredients: The all important Bottle of Water, to serve as the base for the brew. Then, you require a most unusual pairing of fish: The Hemophirannha, known to focus one’s Rage, and is naturally found in the Crimson. The other, an Ebonkoi, known to peel back a person’s natural limiters, and is found in the Corruption. These have never been located in neighbouring locations before, and as such must be obtained separately, perhaps from the help of outside sources.

Once both fish have been obtained, some Pixie Dust helps to stabilise these two violent extremes, and helps them to coexist in one mixture. This allows for the catalysts to interact without destroying future ingredients. Deathweed compliments the active agents in the mixture, and binds them together as one bloodthirst-inducing puddle of hatred. As it stands, the concoction is still too volatile, and will actively attack the drinker’s system. Thus, the final ingredient is Fireblossom, to burn away some of the brew, watering it down to a safely drinkable potency.

Bottled_Water.png
-
Deathweed.png
....... [x3]
-
Hemopiranha.png
.... [x1]
-
Ebonkoi.png
.... [x1]
-
Pixie_Dust.png
..... [x2]
-
Fireblossom.png
....... [x3]

index.php

index.php

index.php

The Bureaucratic Academic Lamprophonic Literary Statement of TCF

The B.A.L.L.S. of TCF is a series of columns written by the peers of the B.A.L.L.S. of TCF group. This edition will be the second in an on-going effort.

divider.png

Dr. Awolph Fin-Terrarialand Security’s Cybercrimes Division has reported a massive surge in dangerous activity. An anonymous source has divulged that cyber plots such as spamming, ddos, and trolling, have been located. Now, we all know that these are just about the worst events to happen in all recorded history but our analysis reveals interesting factoids about their effectiveness. A test conducted on captive caged spambots has revealed that most are exclusively interested in advertising a catering service in a small town in Belgium in Japanese. Whilst this is annoying there is no real threat posed. Trollers on the other hand have reported being hurt themselves, even going as far to sue TCF for joining with intentions to troll only to leave with a persisting condition of “butt-hurt.” Many suffering from such conditions are prone to hallucinations involving thinking they are royalty and needing to take frequent, if not tens of hundreds of naps. The only casualties of these attacks seem to have been, luckily, supporters of the lewd trend.

Several members of the Terraria Community Forums have been arrested on charges of animal cruelty in the extreme. The members in question were found on property belonging to 505 Games. Apparently they broke into the grounds and were found brutally beating a horse that had been dead for weeks with baseball bats. One went as far to drive a golf cart over the animal and then reverse back onto it. Disturbed neighbors called it in. A ‘Mohmuh Sed Nokuout’ said that she at first “excused it as kids being kids but after a few decades it grew annoying.”

In related news a lethal plague(rion) has swept through the TCF valley. Members are claiming the forums are dying more rapidly than 505 has to bug fix mobile. One “Matsu,” a moderator of the community, has been quite publicly disgruntled by the claims. A source states that Matsu is so triggered that he may implode decimating all in sight, and undoubtedly cancelling T:Otherworld. To combat the claims he decided to use a different method than he first originally planned, copypasta-ing an image with information about the supposed death. His original plan involved paper, lemons, and a fully operable harpoon.

In a change of tune a descendant of a believed to be long dead tribe has been found within TCF. A professor on anthropological studies at the Smithsonian Institute has a few words on the matter. “The member of interest has roots tying him a social media site called Twitter, and his clear and definitive use of the tribal traits is what confirms our suspicions.” The tribal traits he talks of are his usage of profile status to convey absolutely everything he is doing from eating cereal to making dinner at any time, even whilst doing those activities. Unfortunate we cannot relay any additional information about the subject at this time (for fear he will “blow up” our alert boxes), except that he is 15, likes Nekos, once went by an alias of Sh4rpblade15, has been known for having long status conversations, and his social security and home address numbers.

That's all for now, more next installment with the undoubted arrival of new memes, new trends, and new details.

index.php

index.php

index.php

divider.png

Party_Girl.png

divider.png

WYVERNS

divider.png

Entry 10; Wyverns:

“Wyverns” are an especially rare species of aerial creatures found in the very skies in Terraria. Skies being a broad range, being from the edge of space itself to the very silver linings of clouds that cover the surface. Sightings of these majestic, draconic and serpentine creatures are proven to be very, very rare, as it is believe that they were once hunted for sport and therefor have their numbers as a species dwindled. Reports of a brownish red Wyvern are believed to be sightings of male Wyverns. This has yet to be proven.

Being the creatures of the skies they are, Wyverns have absolute mastery of the power of flight, and can and will easily outmaneuver anything that dares to challenge them. They are easily many times faster than any bird or anything with wings that’s known to Terrariakind, giving them a much greater advantage over anything that cannot keep up. How they are such experts at flight has been both a debate and a mystery for many generations, as they lack any pair of discernable wings. Theories suggest the use of magics, as magic is very present in Terraria and many other creatures are able to use it to their will. Another states that they harness the very wind to quickly glide them through the air. Their only known method of self-defense is to simply tackle down anything that moves in their proximity, as their limbs seem to be too small to be capable of swiping with claws.

GPS.png

index.php

Locating and Tracking:

Wyverns, logically being aerial creatures, are located at high altitudes. Though they can venture to lower altitudes, it can not be for an extended time. Their lungs are very large in comparison to their body that they cannot handle rapid change in oxygen. The temperature difference also causes internal swelling which is believed to be because of their cold-bloodedness. Similarly to “Diver’s Sickness” Wyverns also experience the very same symptoms because of vastly different air pressures.

Due to their size they are highly territorial, but rarely have territorial disputes. This is because nearly all Wyverns are female, and are inseminated as soon as they reach sexual maturity by a practically captive male. That in turn results in a limited number of Wyverns in Terraria. When one dies an inseminated female gives birth in order to replace it. If a male is needed, the female will venture to the corresponding area with the best temperature to increase her chances of having a male. All Wyverns have a territory from birth and do until they die, unless challenged by another Wyvern trying to gain the additional space before a replacement Wyverns can be birthed. They will be found at a lower altitude dependent on the size of their territory, though the minimum is approximately 360 feet above ground level.

One of the easiest ways to track them down is to construct a scalable pillar to a sky island, then simply wait. The same cannot be said about fighting them.

Life_Fruit.png

index.php

Taming:

Legend has often told of a human with the ability to ride a Wyvern. We can only assume as to a taming process. As mothers who have recently birthed assume the territory of her child until it can hold the territory you must kidnap the young. They cannot fly at time of birth and latch onto one of the mother’s fins until they can, so it will be very difficult to do so, and to escape with a pulse afterwards. If you do manage to capture one and escape with it you must spend an ample amount of time with it and form a paternal/maternal imprint with it. If teaching it how to fly is a requirement? Good luck.

Giant_Harpy_Feather.png

index.php

Habitat and Alimentation:

As mentioned before the Wyvern is native to the space and sky regions of Terraria. This drastically limits its food options. The only native food items are Harpies and other misguided creatures that somehow made it up so far, that may include humans. They have very slow metabolism on account of their size which luckily means they mustn’t hunt often and expend energy. When they do eat they coordinate with other Wyverns also in need of sustenance to form a hunting pod. Using a technique very similar to some species of marine life they here as many Harpies into one region of the sky and pick off as many as needed.

Lightning_Boots.png

index.php

Combat:

Because or prior-mentioned reasons Wyverns cannot dwell at a lower altitude for long and if threatened must take huge personal risk to expedite the termination of any implied thread. The easiest way for them to do so is nose dive into the target inducing massive blunt force trauma and knockback in the desired foe. The contact with their large dense scales has also been known to cause deep lacerations. It is probably desirable to not be in an elevated position above the ground as you may get knocked off or have little maneuvering space, through a solution is to extend and add bumper rails to the area. The best way to overcome the bombardment is to dodge the nose dive and attack from a side as they make the ark back up. Rinse and repeat.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Welcome to the first installment of Terraria Knowledge into the Terraria Absolotus. Please submit your own questions to be answered in Terraria Knowledge!

Bookcase.png

Question No. 10: What's the story behind the bodies of the slain vanishing? How and why do they disappear, where do they go? ~ asked by Lord Plaguerion.

Though it is suspected that magic has a biological element, down to the cellular level even, it has yet to be confirmed. We believe this to be cause of the rapid decomposition. Highly present magical auras in the sky theoretically pull or draw the cells and energy from the creature at all levels. From their they are recycle into the souls of other life forms most closely related to their alignment, or back into the hands of the Moon Lord to be repaired into the construct it once was.

This may account for the reappearance of beings that appear to be non-productive or why only certain enemies yield a harvestable soul.

The energies may even go as far to be contained by altars or filtered into the mana drawable by a caster. Hints such as the demonic voice narrating "the ancient spirits of light and dark and light have been release" may also be evidences of this. Analysis of the dungeon might also reveal insight as to these assumptions. The deaths of the reanimated seem to be quickly replaced, as if when one dies it is reborn. The metaphorical recycling may actually be the key element of necromancy. The appearance of the Dungeon Spirits may be an indication that the spirit has been released, now unsuitable for recycling.

index.php

index.php

I'm going to tag all the folks subscribed to the Bestiary and those who expressed interest in the writing. (Plus @Cryx @excession & @TheBezixx because they're my baes)

@cultist unhooded ,
@ShadeDragon ,
@Darkness Wizard ,
@The Flaming Crown ,
@Typhoon's Fury ,
@Lord Llama ,
@Ginnoken ,
@TheQuietBisharp ,
@Shadow gamer ,
@Agent Zero ,
@Kielbasa ,
@Vikri ,
@Shadow ,
@DerpoTheMagnificent ,

And the guys whom requested to be tagged, and subscribers:
@XenoCat ,
@king40606 ,
@Omega Neos ,
@Dire Sigma ,
@timothy the engineer ,
@( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Lenny ,

@Tsuki ,
@ppowersteef ,
@Omega Neos ,
@Ev1l0rd ,
@Treesmasher ,
& @aWolfen ...
Bezixx goes by @Bezi now, by the way.
You know what they say, second since the rebirth of a project is always slightly different but just as good as the first and the first was great. (SSRPASDJAGAFFWG for short, look it up)

Well isn't this just great. I'm rooting for you Terraria Absolutus to be an incredible project. It's pretty hilarious how I've co-managed both projects that are in this imagined "competition". All the best luck to you Teal and co. If you need any literature subforums revitalisation, you know where to find me.

Give us a tag, matey-boy, because I'm really starting to enjoy this. The Smoked Trout recipe was brilliant.

Also, immense thanks for the Gold Star, I really appreciate it!

I love all of them! Great writing. Also, you can remove @Darkness Wizard. That was my previous name. Changed it to Ev1l0rd as that is the name I use everywhere.

Reading through this I feel a decent bit ashamed. I'd like to apologize for the numerous errors, and the less content. I slacked a little on working on it so I didn't have as much time as I wanted to for polishing. That's my fault. Additionally, it's becoming increasingly hard to find writers interested in helping with this project and I don't know how to fix that. I am not going to abandon this, but there may be a delay in release time until I can organize a legitimate team and come up with a schedule.

Do not reffer to other members as 'childish'.
Yes I do think Commander Crocket was over exaggerating a little, and becoming rather aggressive. If we need to settle our problems in a PM, so be it. I think that was very childish of you to bring such nonsense to the Terraria Absolutus thread, CC. If you want to talk about some things, take it to a conversation, not to Teal's literature thread.

I would appreciate it if you would refrain from indicting me as the guilty party, especially when you have made a statement that simply isn't true,

You are to be given no more credit than is due; nothing more needs to be said of the matter.

Last edited:
Yes I do think Commander Crocket was over exaggerating a little, and becoming rather aggressive. If we need to settle our problems in a PM, so be it. I think that was very childish of you to bring such nonsense to the Terraria Absolutus thread, CC. If you want to talk about some things, take it to a conversation, not to Teal's literature thread.
Whilst I agree, you are now doing the same thing.

I love you and want you to go on Steam so we can talk about the things but let's not give anybody a blackhat here.

Inter-member drama is not welcome in this community and will not be tolerated. The problem should not have occurred in the first place and it most certainly should not have continued. If there are issues with someone derailing a thread, then the proper course of action is to report and then move on, instead of responding and drawing the matter out even more. Those involved will receive a temporary ban from posting in this thread. As of right now, this matter is closed and no one should continue it in any way. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to discuss it.

Everyone please return to polite, on-topic discussion.

Teal (one of my favorite colors btw! Couldn't have chosen a better color to represent) ~

I do apologize that it's taken me this long to respond. Between work, devouring cookies, poopy diapers, and fangirling over Dark Souls, I took an unforgiving amount of time to put this together for how limited you may find it to be. I think you're doing a good thing here. It made me smile. And I can be downright brutal when it comes to the content of things. Believe me, if I ever meet Jim Butcher in person I'm going to laugh in his face and thank him for being my motivation to get published so I could show the world what a mockery he is. I've come to understand that there's been some... competition with Crocket's project, but you know, I don't see them as competition as all. Crocket's work is much more formal (basically scientific sounding) and the humor is entirely different. It's a heavier read and takes dedication whereas yours is extremely pleasant and casual and the humor is light and frequent. I think this makes both works a success in their own rights - and I'm not just saying that to be polite. I wouldn't ever compare the two beyond what I've done here because you're both pushing different types of craft even if the subject manner is similar.

That being said, I will say some of it read a bit tediously. And I don't mean it was boring, it was just... a bit repetitive. But! The same consistency which made it at times arduous was also the same fuel that made it downright hilarious at other moments. You and the collaborators have a very set style of humor. I wish I knew the name of it! But it's brilliant when executed properly and please oh please don't give up on it. It's a great read and worth the time when you really nail the punchline, and believe me there are several times that you do.

I have followed the page and will definitely keep up on it. If you ever need a hand.. it would be my honor to throw in my chips with you and to contribute to a piece. Just let me know, dear ~

Well done. Kali approves +

EDIT: Gosh I love this color but at times I swear it's terrible to read on this forum - let me adjust it.

Back
Top Bottom