tModLoader Terraria Ambience Mod

I've noticed this myself. In the settings, I believe you can turn up the noise of footsteps, but they seem to get reset back to 0 volume whenever the game is closed. At least, it happens to me, can't say if it happens for others.
It could be the fact that i’m actively replacing the sound for rain every tick. I’ll try caching it next update and see how that works out. Thanks for letting me know!

An interesting idea to make it change as you go deeper... I could possibly try, I cannot guarantee any success though.

Along with the other things- Dripping sounds have been overhauled as well as the sounds for water splashes, water streams underground, and more!
Added your suggestion in the 1.4 port/version! Check my server for the download.

It could be the fact that i’m actively replacing the sound for rain every tick. I’ll try caching it next update and see how that works out. Thanks for letting me know!
Is this the cause of my FPS death when it starts to rain? I go from solid 144 fps to 43-47fps when it rains in game. Subtle/No frame skip result in the same. Setting it to just "Frame Skip On" actually causes FPS to slowly decrease until it reaches 2 however the game becomes unresponsive at that point. It doesn't freeze but input is delayed by a few seconds.

Disabling this mod solves these issues. A shame as it really improves the audio of Terraria.

No settings changes fixes the issue. Lighting set to low, tiny window size, disabling blood & gore, lighting set to retro and 0 - 12 multicore, etc. Zero effect.

can this be made into a texture pack for vanilla terraria? please its very good
i know not every sound will make it but those that do will be good enough, can footstep sounds be added to vanilla or only modded?

Back
Top Bottom