Terraria and Redigit banned from Google for no reasons

superwill771

Terrarian
Not sure if there was already a thread about this, but Terraria has been locked (not permabanned) of their Youtube and Gmail accounts since January 16th, ten days before they disclosed it on their twitter account. This was done without explanation, even though they did not post content on Youtube for three months.

Yesterday, Redigit has revealed in a series of tweets that his Google account has been disabled since three weeks. He has been blocked from Play, Youtube, Drive and Gmail, though he explained that he did not violate policies. In response, @TeamYoutube said "We're sorry to hear you're going through this. Without revealing any personal info, share more details about how you lost access to your account. We'll wait to hear from you, and point you in the right direction".

He then went to punish Google by cancelling Terraria's Stadia port and no longer supporting any of the company's platforms. ''Doing business with you is a liability".

Man, I feel for Red. I'd be a walking mass of anxiety losing access to so much stuff. I don't know how he's not screaming. And we haven't seen how livid Cenx might be. You know what they say about couples: They share the good and the bad together.

The thing worth pointing out is that Red is hardly the first person to deal with this. A while ago Markiplier had a stream where he had people vote in chat, and many people got their **entire google accounts** suspended for “spamming”. Not their youtube, the entire google account. Red just happened to be relevant enough to make this already existing issue more well known.

Back
Top Bottom