Terraria Anniversary Spoiler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't logged into the forums since I created my account back in 2014, but I thought it would be worth it just to say thanks for all the amazing work you guys have done!
First time I've ever posted/commented or whatever, but it's definitely worth it

Happy birthday Terraria! Thank you for the 8 years you've been alive, and the 5 years you've kept me thoroughly intrigued in your magical worlds❤️
You guys deserve all the cake

Appreciate it... except I'm still waiting for a release date for 1.3 to look forward too! I pretty much stopped playing Terraria because there's nothing new.

waiting...

What is that?
It's one of my own personal emotes! Jestex made it for me way back when and I made a bunch of other variants out of it. But, uh... more directly, it's a Reuniclus from Pokemon with a little top hat. He's my favorite.
c6t7eM6.gif

Couple of things:
  1. I await the arrival of the Corrupt Dolphin (assuming this is going in the same direction a la goldfish & bunnies and it's not a pet summon).
  2. There's more animation in the dolphin that makes it look lively. Any thoughts of revising the shark graphics? Shark (last I looked) were kinda stiff, especially given their size.
  3. Can we catch one with the Net? (Hmm... That would need a big terrarium...)
Actually... Would it be possible to make player-released mobs (i.e. those actually released by the player from inventory) permanent entities in a world until somehow killed or are re-captured by the player?

The Terrarium furniture items are nice, but I find myself wanting the actual creatures and not their substitute terrarium. It might be nice/cool to make a farm/zoo/aquarium collection.

...Hmm... Corruptible ones like bunnies and goldfish would be a problem... Oh well, never mind.

Last edited:
Thank you for the continuous adding of free content and polish to this game. And thank you for hearing out the community's input as well without completely catering. You guys are setting the standards pretty high. I'm inspired to be a part of the development team now. I must go train... After one more session of Terraria

Don't worry y'all, the dolphin is actually a hostile mob. No chance of a random shark or jellyfish just casually swimming by and ripping it to shreds.
Sharks fear dolphins because they go in droves, and dolphins constantly attack sharks because they are faster

re-logic is definitely the greatest group of developers i've ever seen for caring so much about their fans.

i still remember seeing my nephew playing the game back in 2011 and i got hooked just from watching, and when it came out on ps3, i bought it immediately.

in this age where games seem to be sold in pieces and chunks, or having to pay half the price of a game for a few more characters, it's honestly mindblowing to see a game receive such massive amounts of extra content for free.

and seeing all the extra effort put into finding the right people to make the game even better on console, when other companies probably would've just left it as it was and gave up on it, i have nothing but love and respect for you guys. :dryadhappy:

it's people like those at re-logic that give me hope for the future of gaming.

I remember my first time playing Terraria on my Xbox One. I thought it was interesting, so I asked my brother-in-law to go get it for me (I paid him back of course), and on the day I received it was the day I fractured my foot.

While at the doctors office getting it checked out, I asked my brother-in-law to get it installing on my Xbox.

Once I got home, I situated myself in my chair and started playing the game. Having no idea what to do, I played the tutorial. I absolutely loved the music, and it is still my favorite. Then I completed the tutorial and started playing.

I started a new world, and began my journey.

Dolphins... I wonder if there would be a golden dolphin someday too. That aside, if there are conveyor belts then there should be elevators.

Dolphins... I wonder if there would be a golden dolphin someday too. That aside, if there are conveyor belts then there should be elevators.
It just hit me when I read this... I wonder if it's possible to code the conveyor belts and various grappling hooks to work so that if you grapple a belt, it will still move the player. You could then have a vertical conveyor line act as an elevator. (Being grappled to the belt will pass you through platform in either direction, up or down, to take care of floor selection.)

Rope's nice to have (and probably faster), but the automation is nice.

I would worry about handling the loop-around or any turns/angling of the conveyor though. Not sure if the game would just drop you from the conveyor or somehow keep you attached.

Good Evening Terrarians!

As many of you know, our sweet little baby game just turned 8 years old! It feels like just yesterday we were hold up in a tiny hotel room in Minneapolis writing the initial design doc for 1.2! As the years have progressed and our community has grown, it has become very apparent that we all share one common goal: seeing our little game reach its full potential! With that I would like to share with you one of the many new critters you can expect to find in the upcoming 1.3.6 PC update;

L0HgzVi.gif

There are no words to describe how much your continued support and passion means to the entire team. Terraria definitely would not be what it is today without our community and we thank you all so much for that. <3

Those animations are so good! Also i noticed the shiny hair, is that a new type of dye? Dev only thing? Hair spray? Who knows, but I'll wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom