Terraria: Aquatica (challenge map)

ZeromusX

Terrarian
You overheard communique stating a large meteor was heading towards the planet and would be a direct hit at 0300 the following night. Flooding would occur. You were able to quickly construct shelter to survive the onslaught of the following tsunami.

Rules:
1) New character. Destroy starting items. Everything you need to begin is in one of the three chests.

2) NPC houses MUST be built on or above the surface. This means actual surface, not underground based on surface level. You may NOT build any NPC housing in your starting 'air biome'.

3) Super Absorbent Sponge is the only item restriction.

4) Do not destroy any 'air biomes' or floating islands (this includes ANY tile/wall/furniture/chest, etc.

5) You may not use the underworld to evaporate water.

Challenge Complete: Rid the surface of ALL water (minus the natural oceans at the edges).

Map Information: Both Corrupt and Crimson. Floating islands are intact but, of course, submerged. Pyramids. Extremely large dungeon. There are 'air biomes' throughout the suface world submerged... if you find one of these you can use it for whatever you wish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b64bwc3ipplr81i/Aquatica.wld?dl=0

Last edited:
Err... I haven't downloaded the file, but I have to mention two things about this:

4. Water evaporates in the Underworld. But maybe there's a challenge to take WoF out of the Underworld? But in any case, this leads to:
Completion: Water is easily disappeared by digging into the Underworld (and it'll drain and evaporate naturally) or with the Super Absorbent Sponge.

Learn something new every day :) I did not know water evaporated. I assumed it turned the lava to obsidian like it does in other places. Second, I forgot about the super absorbent sponge. Thanks for the feedback, I will adjust accordingly.

PS. If someone created a row of tiles to catch the water before it hit the lava, would it still evaporate?

PS. If someone created a row of tiles to catch the water before it hit the lava, would it still evaporate?
The Underworld evaporation is based on depth. It doesn't matter if it touches lava. So you'd have to prevent it reaching the Underworld layer to prevent it evaporating.

I assumed it turned the lava to obsidian like it does in other places.
It does create obsidian, but any leftover water will evaporate.

Actually, there is a trick:
Use a chest(with something inside) in a 2-tile wide pit, put some lava in front of it, then let the water in.
The water would be drained. This seems also work on the wooden beam in lava.

Water does evaporate if their is a tiny bit, but if you flood it if you were making a hellivator then any big pools that collect will form and stay. I have one on my main world.

That's what I was hoping would happen. There's more water on the surface than there's space in the underground.

Water does evaporate if their is a tiny bit, but if you flood it if you were making a hellivator then any big pools that collect will form and stay.

Even if you have big pools of it down there due to interesting reasons once you remove a block in its general vicinity than it'll start to evaporate rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom