Terraria as a roleplay game

Code Talker

Terrarian
I had a random idea. What if someone made Terraria into a roleplay game in the style of D&D?

Dungeons & Dragons is a game I really enjoy, and so is Terraria. Randomly I had the idea to make it into a roleplay game, where the "dungeon master" is like the guide or something and also narrates what happens when the player does something. And if you wanted to, you could include any mods. I'm not sure why I came up with this and decided "I NEED TO SHARE THIS COOL IDEA WITH PEOPLE!"

:joy:

It'd definitely be an interesting idea and I'd like to see it be executed as some sort of game, whether it's official or just a roleplay board thread or something similar.

An example would be something like this:

Guide/Narrator: What would you like to do first?
Player: I want to chop down trees to make a house before nightfall.
G/N: You chop down trees, gathering wood and building a box of a house as hastily as you can, so that it may be ready before nightfall.

An example would be something like this:

Guide/Narrator: What would you like to do first?
Player: I want to chop down trees to make a house before nightfall.
G/N: You chop down trees, gathering wood and building a box of a house as hastily as you can, so that it may be ready before nightfall.
Guide: In the night a hoard of Zombies attack you. What do you do?
Player: I will attack with my copper shortsword!
Guide: You deal 7 damage but it is not enough
Player: I attack with my bow!
Guide: Very well roll the d8 too see if it hits

A little off-topic, but I feel like Terraria could work as a turn-based RPG with the different NPCs as party members, and they would all have unique traits. For example, the demolitionist would be a glass cannon - his explosives do high damage, but his small size gives him low health

I think terraria D&D would be awesome but it would be really herd considering how many items terraria has and the amount of things you can do in it, it would take a lot of terraria wiki researching

Back
Top Bottom