Official Terraria-Based Toys Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps should add some DLC or even exclusive content for people who buy the plushies and toys to give further reason to buying them other than they are freaking awesome , i want that bunny plushy so much. But you could have like codes like Club Penguin do which they come with the plushies and so forth increasing the want and desire for these allready awesome items :)
Please let's not. I have no problem with a toy line to further support and promote the game (my protestations up until now have been that the current crop do a poor job of representing the product), but we should try to avoid gated content like that. It just opens a seven-flavour can of worms. Remember all the hullabaloo with people hacking in the Dev items? Do we really want to get into all the DRM nonsense that would be needed to keep people hacking in the toy items? Would it be worth it? For anybody?

i am still confused by the minecraft-esque appearance of the animation, and the action figures, but i hope they work out, either way.

the plushies are very nice, though... i think i'd enjoy collecting those. :D

I think the toys are unfair! Just LOOK at the goblin, hes got a COBALT SHIELD! Most players HAVE to get that! (Lul)

I think the toys are unfair! Just LOOK at the goblin, hes got a COBALT SHIELD! Most players HAVE to get that! (Lul)

Nah, I think that's a Goblin Battle Standard... which combined with that expression of his, makes me hella worried!

I mean, what's his angle gonna be...?

"Good greetings! Would you care to allow me to tinker with your weapons a little? No? A shame, but good day!"

"Day 3 - Player still doesn't suspect anything. But just wait until I spawn an invasion on his :red:..."

Edit: No but seriously, look at the Goblin Tinkerer's expression! It's like the plastic edition of the Luigi Death Stare...

Really, the "problem" with the toys stems from two things, first being that people previously employed to do the same for Minecraft were hired (no big deal, in my book) :) Second "problem" would be that Terrarian characters almost have no eyes, virtually have no mouths, and barely have noses.. The only truly distinguishing characteristic they own at all is the hairstyles.. Basically, without using Perler beads to build a pixel-perfect replica of your in-game character, I don't think Terraria characters can look "Terrarian" in the real 3D world..

We've dragged them out of their comfy home!! With all that in mind, I think all the toys are great :> If I had to agree with one critique it'd be the overly pixelly style of the sword.. I imagine its a bit late for a "fix", but I'd personally just blend the pixels together by color instead of defining the majority of them..

Regardless of personal feelings on the toy design, we're all winners here since the sales will continue to support our heroic devs and their foray into the future.. Plus their gentle similarity to Minecraft toys should tempt young (pre-teen) non-Terrarian Minecraft fans to buy them just because they're like Minecraft toys, except with soul ;)

Plus their gentle similarity to Minecraft toys should tempt young (pre-teen) non-Terrarian Minecraft fans to buy them just because they're like Minecraft toys

I actually view this as a bad thing. The only thing worse is parents buying the toys for children who know what they want, and it isn't Terraria. I honestly think that the last association any of us should want is that of the "Minecraft knock-off". That label hasn't traditionally worked out well for anyone. Up until now, though, as much as people might compare the two, Terraria has been distinct enough from its more successful cousin to not get dragged down by the associations. Just think what would happen if the way most people heard of Terraria was as "that game that has the knockoff Minecraft toys", though.

Terraria got their own line of toys. Hurrah!

Just some thoughts, if only they've made the toys a little bit better or at least truer to the Terraria game. Toys that people will like and buy without knowing what terraria or minecraft is. Sure hope these toys are not causing any extensive losses in any way.
index.php

f2lx55.jpg

Not gonna lie, I wasn't that interested until I saw the Night's Edge.

I need that thing. If any more swords are made, I will buy them without hesitation.

I actually view this as a bad thing. The only thing worse is parents buying the toys for children who know what they want, and it isn't Terraria. I honestly think that the last association any of us should want is that of the "Minecraft knock-off". That label hasn't traditionally worked out well for anyone. Up until now, though, as much as people might compare the two, Terraria has been distinct enough from its more successful cousin to not get dragged down by the associations. Just think what would happen if the way most people heard of Terraria was as "that game that has the knockoff Minecraft toys", though.
Exactly! I agree 100%! I don't want Terraria to be to Minecraft like Digimon was to Pokemon.... Digimon wasn't a knockoff of Pokemon but it was marketed like that and everybody I knew just shunned it. -_- Who wants to be seen as a knock off?!

Yeah, part of my problem was at first I was like 'Aren't these basically Minecraft toys with a Terraria skin?'

Don't get me wrong, they do look nice and I love the idea of, y'know, an actual toyline and all, but still. It's really the figures that get me, because they scream Minecraft more than any of the other items.

I still love that sword, though. And I kinda want the Dungeon Guardian/Skeletron head if only to throw it at people...but then I remember nobody I know IRL has any interest in Terraria and thus the joke would be lost on them. :c

Yeah, part of my problem was at first I was like 'Aren't these basically Minecraft toys with a Terraria skin?'

Don't get me wrong, they do look nice and I love the idea of, y'know, an actual toyline and all, but still. It's really the figures that get me, because they scream Minecraft more than any of the other items.

I still love that sword, though. And I kinda want the Dungeon Guardian/Skeletron head if only to throw it at people...but then I remember nobody I know IRL has any interest in Terraria and thus the joke would be lost on them. :c
I would throw it at people that walk into a basement and tell them that they should have listened to the old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom