PC Terraria biomes and mini biomes tier list

Pavlexyzq

Terrarian
Hello , in this thread i will present my biomes and mini biomes tier list
This List will consist of 6 tiers:
S , A , B , C , D , F .
Each biome will be ranked in three categories :
- Usefulness ( how good items and resources you can get from it )
- Aestetics ( how much pleasing it is to eyes and ears )
- Difficulty ( how strong mobs are there and how deadly traps are )
ranking will be represented by stars , maximum stars is 5 and minimum is 1 (btw having lot of stars in difficulty is bad )
Note: biome mixtures like underground corruption desert will not be included. i will also include regular underground and caverns even tho terraria wiki classifies them as layers and not actual biomes

S
  • Underground Jungle
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In my opinion this is the most dangerous biome having annoying hornets,beehives,tortoise... , however loot is way worth risk , it has everything for every class : whip and some summons for summoner , feral claws and bunch of melee weapons for melee , good guns , best ammounition , second best armor for range class , bunch of stuff for mage. Aestetics are really good : background , music , spores that light up small areas look nice. Overall top tier biome

• Undergound Snow
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
Unlike Jungle this biome is not dangerous mobs are easy to avoid and kill, in hardmode rating for difficulty could go to 3 stars . This biome is favourite to go explore at start of game caus eloot you get can make game much easier , in hardmode loot is also where 3 classes (mage , range and melee) can benefit from it. Aesetics are also really good

• Dungeon
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This Biome could compete with underground Jungle for first spot , very difficult but loot is really sweet , aestetics are nice being place where you can get coolest paintings in game

• Underground
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐
Some would consider this as a layer and not biome but honestly i dont care , its nice og underground with good loot and resources , thing you will probably die most here is boulder trap and lava cause mobs even in hardmode are not that strongs

A
  • Glowing moss biome
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
Now this biome is basically Underground with cool moss , its kinda even better due to reason that moss makes loot much easier to find . Reason why its not in S is cause its not that common to come by since it never spawns under middle of the world and players barely ever explore regular underground outside of middle

• Underground Evil biome
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐
They could be both in S but they ruin my underground town😡 , loot is good and biomes are difficult, its kinda difficult to get rid of them when they spread out of control

• Underworld
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐
This is really good biome my only problem is that only time you need to be there is late pre hm and early hm ,its basically useless when you get emblem you need

• Underground hallow
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐
Rod of discord , souls of light and slime queen . good overall

• Underground Mushroom
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐
One of the most beautif biomes ever since updated world gen , it can contain lot of : hearts , chests and truffle worms

B
  • Surface corruption
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
holes are not so annoying you can eaisly build over them , most annoying thing is worm mob(not boss)

• Surface crimson
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
i find it somehow harder than corruption surface

• Surface Hallow
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐

PEARL ARMOR SO OPPPPPP😱

• Surface
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐
Most iconic biome , perfect for base .

• Surface snow
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐
my favourite surface biome , it contains my favourite wood , snowstorm looks super cool and you can get frost core from ice golem

• Surface desert
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐

sandstorm is so annoying but it has some good items , bonus if you find pyramid , also cactus armor good at start

• Underground desert
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I like that they updated this biome but i think its unnecessary difficult rolling cactus , maggots and worms are way too deadly in mastermode. Loot from chests is not bad however only useful thing that you can use after mid of pre hm mode is bast statue , since dune riders are not in terra spark :mad: . As a ranger main i find fossil armor to be best thing from underground desert. Also huge factor why its not in tier above is because you have almost no reason to return to it after mid of pre hm . I probably entered it once in hm and got killed by venom scorpions XD

• Jungle Temple
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐
God this place is annoying , traps are deadly but not hard to disarm but real problem are mobs with their athletic skills and high dmg output, absolute hell tring to navigate to boss room , however i must admit it that it has good loot : Solar eclipse tablets , Golem loot and traps for afk farms

• Space
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐
Yes , i count islands as part of space even tho most of them are not in that layer/biome , and because of that its here and not in lower tier . sky island loot is best loot in pre hm , and its easy to find islands , just one grav potion. Wyverns are kinda nnoying in beggining of hm but you learn to deal with them

C

• Surface Jungle
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Derplings ...

• Surface Mushroom biome
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐
Usefull for range class nd nice looking

• Bee hive
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐

I cant deny you can get some nice stuff from boss fight , but i think most people like bee hive is honey

• Granite
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐

Difficulty ⭐⭐

WHY IS IT SO DARK?

• Marble
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐⭐

Loot is better than granite and you can see , but mobs are also more dangerous

• Ocean
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐

Pathetic not even meta anymore , its same boring ocean , ocean cave that they added is unnoticable change

D
  • Graveyard
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐
Biome i rarely create on purpose , aestetics are not enjoyable in my opinion but you can get useful thing like bunch of cool building blocks

• Spider Cave
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
This biome used to be more significant before whips meta for summoner , now its just annoying when you build hellelevators

• Meteorite
Usefulness ⭐⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
Would be in tier above if they kept spawning mechanic same and if you could blow it up with bombs , now its just way for mages to take alternative route in mid pre hm

• Caverns
Usefulness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐⭐
Last layer biome , its small layer nothing here really happens , you can get some loot but i would recommend going to layer deeper

F

• Oasis
Usefullness ⭐
Aestetics ⭐⭐
Difficulty ⭐
Ye this counts as biome , nothing special its just nice we already have set up fishing spot

• Town
Usefullness ⭐⭐
Aestetics ⭐
Difficulty ⭐
Less mobs spawn and pylons i would not count this as a biome

Back
Top Bottom