Terraria Biomes and our Continents.

a light switch

Terrarian
Hey guys! I have recently thought up a theory that may or may not be true. It is called the "2nd Earth" theory.
So you know all the continents and Terraria biomes, right? I have linked up the 7 continents to 7 Terraria biomes.
First we have North America, the purity. North America is a grassy, field like area. This matches the purity. USA is very grassy and nice. This could be applied to Europe, but Europe has a 2nd match: Ice. Russia, Sweden and Iceland, they are all cold. They are also very known. Does this sound familiar? Cold and snowy trees, with a dark texture. I'm from UK and I'm not afraid to say it's quite cold here. Now we have South America: The Jungle. This is no surprise. Brazil contains a rainforest, and takes up most of South America. There's no rainforest in Terraria, but jungle matches. Australia is the Hallow: At first this is very confusing, but I have something to say. Australia contains very warm, forest like areas. It has very odd creatures there, just like the Hallow with it's fairy creatures. Now we move on to Antarctica, the Corruption. Antarctica is an abandoned place with no human lifeforms and it has creatures who hate going underneath water. Note that crimson doesn't apply due to face monsters being human-mutation things. Africa is the desert because of obvious reasons such as the sun, the Sahara, Egypt etc. That leaves us with Asia. At first, I thought my theory was at an end, but there was hope: The Dungeon. This is because China, Israel, India and other countries have lots of temples. Skeletron is the leader they worship, and all of the Terrarians who worship him were cursed to be in his "home", but then an old priest prayed to Skeletron and refused to enter. Dungeon Guardians prevent uncursed entering, and Skeletron watched over the Old Man until his curse was free, which when freed revealed the evil mess of Skeletron. The cursed were furious and remain in the dungeon this day. The mechanic was an innocent and agile person who carefully avoided Dungeon Guardians, but was tied up by the Dark Casters' sorcery. As for the crimson, well, it matches nothing evil in our world (unless you count English Henry VIII's protestant masssacres). So there's my theory, see y'all soon.

Interesting theory!
Although I'm pretty sure that most of the biomes were added to add diversity among the terrarian world, and that the corruption and crimson were added as a kind of organism that "needs to be stopped or else it's monsters will roam terraria.", kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom