NPCs & Enemies Terraria Boss Idea! - The Brain (Mechanical Brain)

Do you think this boss is a good idea?

• Total voters

DeFlavLemon

Spazmatism
Hello Terrarians!
I just want to talk about a certain feature that I would like to see within Terraria, just sorta posting this for fun and I don't mind if this isn't implemented as it's a pretty big idea. Also just a quick note, I'm almost certain someone has probably came up with this idea before, but eh, I'll post what I think would be cool for the game. :)

Introduction to the Idea
So the Idea I'd like to be talking about is adding a Mechanical Brain of Cthulhu boss as part of the three already implemented mechanical bosses. So as you can probably guess, The Brain is the mechanical variant of the Brain of Cthulhu. I think that this would be a replacement for the destroyer if the world is a Crimson world, and if you had a corruption world you'd still have The Destroyer, but this would just add a bit more variety between hardmode Corruption and Crimson.

Crafting
To craft the summoning item for this (the Mechanical Brain) you will need:
  • 6 Vertebrae (Mechanical Worm will not use vertebrae any longer)
  • 6 Souls of Night
  • 5 Iron or Lead Bars
So obviously this has a very similar recipe to the Mechanical Worm, but that's sort of needed as these are the same level of boss and are only different varients.

The Bosses AI (It's attack pattern, etc.)
I feel for this boss they should change it up a bit similar to how they changed the Brain of Cthulhu a bit in expert mode. I think for his main attack pattern it should have minions (about 20 of them) that are representative of the creepers that the Brain of Cthulhu spawns, but they should be turned into mechanical versions that shoot lasers (similar to The Destroyer's minions). Once all minions are destroyed and his health is down to zero his second stage will be triggered. In his second stage the Brain will dive towards the player rapidly multiple times in a row, then slow down, similar to the Eye of Cthulhu's attack pattern in his expert mode second stage.

Bosses Stats
Okay, so the boss will have similar stats to The Destroyer, here they are:
  • Normal Mode: 80000 HP in first stage, 10000 HP in second stage, Expert Mode: 120000 HP in first stage, 15000 HP in second stage
  • Normal Mode: 100% KB reduce in first stage, 75% KB reduce in second stage (Same for expert mode)
  • Normal Mode: 80 Damage in first stage, 200 Damage in second stage, Expert Mode: 120 Damage in first stage, 250 Damage in second stage
  • Normal Mode: (Minions) 40 Damage in first stage, 100 Damage in second stage, Expert Mode: 60 Damage in first stage, 175 Damage in second stage
Drops
The drops for The Brain are exactly the same as The Destroyer, so if you don't know the drops for The Destroyer, here they are:
  • 20-40 Souls of Might
  • 5-15 Greater Healing Potions
  • 15-35 Hallowed Bar
  • The Brain's Mask (14.29% Chance)
  • The Brain's Trophy (10% Chance)
  • Treasure Bag (Expert Mode)
Concept Art
I came up with some concept art that I quickly made, keep in mind I'm not the best at fanart, so it wont be perfect, but I'll try my best!

Fn2C64jjRfaSmAdZx9ZrRA.png

The Brain Concept Art

Goodbye!
Hope you like it, as I said at the start, I'm not really expecting this to be implemented into the game, but I just made this thread I want to get more into the Terraria community as it's one of my favorite games, and also just for a bit of fun. Anyway, I'll be off, goodbye! :D

Last edited:
I've said it before: I don't think a mechanical BoC should have minions. It doesn't fit with the Destroyer's theme.

It's a nice idea, but it's been confirmed that a mechanical BoC will never be added.
Yeah as I said I really doubt it will be added, just for a bit of fun I guess! Anyway glad you liked the idea of it. :)
[doublepost=1508402343,1508402303][/doublepost]
I've said it before: I don't think a mechanical BoC should have minions. It doesn't fit with the Destroyer's theme.
I see what you mean, thanks for posting bud! :D

Well, Terraria Official retweeted the link to this thread.
Who knows, maybe they like the idea.

Well, Terraria Official retweeted the link to this thread.
Who knows, maybe they like the idea.
Well, they only liked it, not re tweeted. BUT THIS IS SO COOL. :p
Thanks for telling me, and I think it would be cool but yee never know... Have a nice day. :)

This shouldn't be added because the sprite is just a grey version of the BOC it needs to look like a robot like skeletron prime and the destoryer if you wondering the twins are robots because one of the eye's in phase 2 has a gun coming out of it

This shouldn't be added because the sprite is just a grey version of the BOC it needs to look like a robot like skeletron prime and the destoryer if you wondering the twins are robots because one of the eye's in phase 2 has a gun coming out of it
That sprite was only a concept art, I didn't spend much time on it, it was just to get the idea across. :)

Honestly, this idea has been suggested to death, and I don't really see anything that makes this one unique. I might work on a new name, as "The Brain" is literally the BoC's name minus "of Cthulhu".
How does it not fit? The destroyer literally summons probes...

Honestly, this idea has been suggested to death, and I don't really see anything that makes this one unique. I might work on a new name, as "The Brain" is literally the BoC's name minus "of Cthulhu".

The destroyer summons probes that annoy the player. It doesn't summon minions identical to its pre-hardmode counterpart that are integral to the boss fight.

Agreed, I was just trying to get the idea out there. :)
[doublepost=1508749639,1508749576][/doublepost]
The destroyer summons probes that annoy the player. It doesn't summon minions identical to its pre-hardmode counterpart that are integral to the boss fight.
I was thinking they could also spawn lasers too.

I made a corrupted eye of Cthulhu thing but it's a hybrid of the eye of Cthulhu and skeletron because it has skeletron hands

Back
Top Bottom