**REPORTED** Terraria can't adjust to full screen on bigger screens?

lffg

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Mac OSX 10.10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello guys,

After the 1.4 update, I can no longer play at full screen as the right portion of the screen becomes unreachable.

In the following image, I can't move my cursor to the right. That is the "limit of the x axis".
I can't go lower than the "v1.4.0.2" position too, which appears to be the "limit of the y axis".

1589813297708.png

Right now I can only play at the window mode, which occupies a little more than half of my screen.

I don't know if this is a Terraria bug or some problem with the OS (Mac), but I think that it is a problem with Terraria, as I was able to play normally in full screen prior to the 1.4 update.
The resolution of my monitor is 5120 x 2880.

o/

I can verify this. I am running on an iMac with a native resolution of 2560x1440. The previous GOG version of Terraria supported this with no problems. The new version has broken support for this resolution, and the game will no longer run properly fullscreen at any resolution. Same problems as described above.

I have reinstalled the previous version and will wait for this to be fixed before upgrading.

Steam or GOG: GOG
Terraria Version: 1.4.0 - 1.4.0.2
Single Player/Multiplayer: Both
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.14.6

Last edited:
I am seeing the same problem on two iMacs with 5K Retina displays (on Catalina). So, if you need any testers for a fix... let me know.

This same issue affects Linux, as the six reports in the following three threads testify.

Adding my own seventh report, I am running the GOG install of Terraria on an up to date Arch Linux install and am experiencing the same inability to play in fullscreen mode. My native resolution is 3840x2160 but, as others have reported, the resolution list seems to include only the standard resolutions (up to 1920x1080).

To add a bit more detail from my personal experience, in fullscreen mode the cursor seems always constrained to the upper left corner matching the size of the chosen resolution, while the visuals are sometimes constrained, mostly, to that same area, but sometimes fill the screen correctly.

Also got a problem with my screen where every items i pick up no matter what the video settings is, the text is blurry, pixelated and overall hard to read. That's quite unbearable on the long run to not take notice :/ Which is strange because before the update i didnt had that issue and i'm still using the same screen since then.

Also got a problem with my screen where every items i pick up no matter what the video settings is, the text is blurry, pixelated and overall hard to read. That's quite unbearable on the long run to not take notice :/ Which is strange because before the update i didnt had that issue and i'm still using the same screen since then.

Have you tried adjusting your UI Scale setting? It controls the size of text on screen and might clear that up temporarily until we can look into a better solution. :)

Have you tried adjusting your UI Scale setting? It controls the size of text on screen and might clear that up temporarily until we can look into a better solution. :)
Yes i tried adjusting UI Scale, i also tried different resolution but it remains the same :/
I will wait patiently for a fix while i explore every bits of new content in the meanwhile, no rush ;)

Back
Top Bottom