Terraria can't find character files that don't exist?

GryphonKingBros

Skeletron Prime
(FIXED)
Okay, so basically I haven't played in a while. I just got back into Terraria around the latest update of 1.3.5. I was bored one day and hadn't played in a while, so I loaded up the game and tried to launch with a character that was brand new so I could just do a fresh world. As I finished creating it, my game crashed and gave me the message I attached.

When experimenting with the file location stuff, I learned that Terraria is creating a character and then looks for that player file, fails, then crashes. I don't know WHY the game is looking for a player file that it's CREATING, but that's Re-Logic's problem for their coding. Anyways my conclusion is that it has something to do with player creation. Playing with characters I've used before SOMETIMES work, but not always. If it's not on the cloud, it doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-07-17 14-44-10-377.jpg
    bandicam 2017-07-17 14-44-10-377.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Yeah, don't say it's Re-Logic's problem if no one else is experiencing it. I made a brand-new character today and it worked fine. Good luck with your problem, though.

Okay, so basically I haven't played in a while. I just got back into Terraria around the latest update of 1.3.5. I was bored one day and hadn't played in a while, so I loaded up the game and tried to launch with a character that was brand new so I could just do a fresh world. As I finished creating it, my game crashed and gave me the message I attached.

When experimenting with the file location stuff, I learned that Terraria is creating a character and then looks for that player file, fails, then crashes. I don't know WHY the game is looking for a player file that it's CREATING, but that's Re-Logic's problem for their coding. Anyways my conclusion is that it has something to do with player creation. Playing with characters I've used before SOMETIMES work, but not always. If it's not on the cloud, it doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!
It doesn't seem to be looking for the player file in particular, rather it's trying (and failing) to find the location where that file is located. And from what I can tell, it's looking in a very odd location.

Could you make a screenshot of the My Games folder in your Documents? In particular, I'm interested in the folder structure.

I also have some other questions I'd like you to answer:
  1. Is this a shared computer, or are you the only user?
  2. If not, does your user have administrator rights?
  3. Have you ever modified your file structure (moved your Desktop or User folder, for instance)?

Recently it started working again. I don't know when or how it was fixed but I suppose its not a problem anymore. Thanks anyways Kazzymodus for trying to help though!

Back
Top Bottom