WIP Terraria Card Game Design

Do you like this idea and the artwork for the cards?

• Yeah, nice!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Yes, the idea is nice but the artwork is crappy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Hmm, nice artwork but i don't like the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is a total fail man!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teseo911

Terrarian
CHECK THE NEW DEFINITIVE THREAD
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-trading-card-game.67338/

THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN HERE, BUT I WILL UPDATE THE DEFINITIVE ONE!

I HAVE MADE THE NEW ONE SINCE IT IS NOT A DESIGN PROJECT ANYMORE, IT IS REAL AND HAVE AN ETA FOR THE 1ST REAL CARD DECK!!!

TERRARIA CARD GAME? HELL YEAH!

Hi all, i'm pretty new in this forum but i'm playing Terraria since 2014! Woa, 4 years, damn its a lot of time yet!
I have like 1200 hours of play, and after all this time doing pew pew boom boom around the worlds, i had the idea for making a card game based on terraria.
My huge dream is to have the rights to fully print and commercialize this game when it will be finished, but i know this is hard to get true!
By the way, let me introduce this with just some few images of the 4 cards i've done.

DA SCREENS
Carta_Slime_Verde.png
Carta_Slime_Blu.png
Carta_Pinky.png
Carta_Zombie.png
Carta_Demon_Eye.png
Carta_Slime_di_Ghiaccio.png
Carta_Ice_Bat.png
Carta_Lupo.png
Carta_Corrupt_Slime.png
Carta_Eater_of_Souls.png
Carta_Devourer.png
Carta_Pixie.png
Carta_Unicorn.png
Carta_Antlion.png
Carta_Antlion_Charger.png
Carta_Snatcher.png
Carta_Crystal_Heart.png
Carta_Spelunker_Potion.png
Carta_Gold_Chest.png
Carta_Spikes.png
Carta_Dart_Trap.png
Carta_Magic_Mirror.png
Carta_Expert_Mode.png
Carta_Hardmode.png
Carta_Zombie_Arm.png

DA RULES

Well, i have nearly done everything, but i'm not gonna push it until its finished and all good to go.
By the way here some info, just to let you know a little bit more then 0.

1 - The number near the little star on top-left corner is the Rarity. By the way, this number will be very important in the game itself too.
The Rarity will tell you if you can play or not the card, normally you can play a card
that have a Rarity Level from 1 to 6, for all the 6+ Rarity cards you will need an active Hardmode Card.

2 - Every card will have a number in the top left corner, this is just the number that identify the card, will have no effect in-game.

3 - The 2 numbers in the bottom right corner of the Unit Cards are the ATK (attack) value and DEF (defence) value.
The Research and Conditional Cards will have a "U" (Unit bound) or a "G" (General bound) letter, i will explain this later.
The Event Cards will always have a "E" that simply indicate their type.

4 - Every card will have themed background and borders, forest enemies will have forest backgrounds, ice enemies or snow will have snow backgrounds and so on, just like the screens.
In fact, some cards will have bonus or malus vs some other type of cards. This bonus must be specified in the Unit Card or in one of the Research Cards active, its not automatic.

5 - There will be 4 types of cards: Units Cards, Events Cards, Conditions Cards and Research Cards.
Unit Cards: those cards are the main one, you play them in the game field for attacking the opponent Unit Cards or Heart Points.
As explained, you can only play Unit Cards that have from 1 to 6 rarity level unless you have an active Hardmode Card.
Event Cards: this type of card is one time use, you play it and it will immediately take effect, the card is consumed after the usage.
Conditions Cards: this card will be played covered.
If the card have the "U" letter it must be played covered behind an active Unit Card.
When the requirements (the most common is when your unit is attacked or destroyed) are met, the Condition Card must be revealed and take its effect.
If this card have the "G" letter, is a General Condition Card and is played in the general game field, it will be activated in certain circumstance.
The Condition Card is destroyed when the effect has been activated.
Research Cards: this type of card is played to boost other type of cards.
It will have also the letter "U" if it must be played on an active Unit Cards or a "G" if you have to play it in the general field.
This card will be permanent unless there are specific instruction on it.
The Hardmode Research Card is permanent and its not reversible, once you play this card it will last since the end of the game.
(Thanks to @Pikachumania for the idea of the Hardmode Card)

For all the other info, i will explain them slowly, while posting new screens and things.

OTHER INFO

I hope you guys like this idea, i will do this anyway for me and my girlfriend and sister, i love terraria, i love pixel art and drawings, so its something that i like to do.
But, if this will have a good impact in the community, maybe i can realize the dream of making this really... real!
Thanks for you time folks!

CREDITS

Thanks to @Pikachumania for the idea of Hardmode and Expert Mode Cards!
Thanks to @anonbob for the idea of the Magic Mirror Card!​

Last edited:
Hi again guys! Here we have the new card! HO-OH! Corruption one!

Carta_Eater_of_Souls.png

I think that tomorrow i will post a little bit more cards and some new rules!
See ya guys!​

Hello!
Here guys another 2 cards! 1 is the Corruption Slime and the other is the very 1st Event Card!
Hope you will likes the design!

Carta_Corrupt_Slime.png
Carta_Crystal_Heart.png

What if you made a "Hardmode" Condition card, where you would have to play that card before your able to use hardmode enemy cards. And an "Expert Mode" condition card that would give a temporary boost to all cards.

Hmm... Really nice idea the Expert Mode card! I already developed a system like your Hardmode card.

I will update the 1st post soon with alla the new rules.

By the way, your idea for the Expert Mode card that boost the other cards is really nice! I will do it for sure!
Thanks a lot for your contribuition!

EDIT : I've realized that your idea for the Hardmode Card is a lot better then my initial idea for the Level Cards, so i gonna use it and study a workaround for all the game system.
You've been credited ;)

Last edited:
Hi again guys!
Here we have some new fresh cards! With the 1st Condition Card : Spikes!
We have also a new themed Unit Cards, the night themed cards!

Carta_Devourer.png
Carta_Zombie.png
Carta_Demon_Eye.png
Carta_Spikes.png

Hi guys!
Here we have, ofc, some new fresh cards!
Well, thanks again to @Pikachumania for the idea of the Hardmode Card!

Carta_Dart_Trap.png
Carta_Hardmode.png
Carta_Pinky.png

Really clean designs and I really hope you continue this through. Others have tried it before but never done as many as you have so far! However, would I be able to suggest some little cleanups on the grammar? It's all comprehensible but there are some slips here and there (don't take it as offense you still have impressive English.)

Well, first of all, thanks a lot @Alabaster for the comment and for all this nice words, it makes me really happy that you liked the idea.
I'm doing cards each day and i'm surely going to finish this.
And ofc, if you find some errors or others slips in the grammar, please tell me and i will correct them for sure! (i'm Italian, i try my best and i know sometimes my grammar or my english skills are poor ;) ).

Here we are with the daily update!
I'm focusing on the Event Cards right now, here we have 2 of them.
Carta_Spelunker_Potion.png
Carta_Gold_Chest.png

Hope you will like both of them!

PS: As @Alabaster already told, if i'm making mistakes or some uncleared text tell me, i will correct it, i'm not bad but also i'm not this good-skilled in english.

PPS : I have a question that need an answer... I'm trying to figure out how many cards the deck must have during the game.
Since i plan to do this kind of game a collection/playing card game, i think that nearly 50 cards will be enough in one deck, this mean 100 total cards as aim for the 1st version of the game (To have 2 different deck, then my idea is to do some kind of "Expansion Themed Pack" like "Moon Lord Pack" or "Jungle Temple Pack" to add, well, nearly everything there is in the game.
What do you guys think?​

Hi!
Today for the daily update we have the Zombie Arm card, the 1st Research Card for units!
Carta_Zombie_Arm.png

Maybe do bosses but most of them need the card in your hand and the summoning item to be played. Except for things like moon lord that have special conditions.

Hmmm...
This is another good idea, i think that i will do an Event Card that will allow you to play bosses cards.
I need to study a good method for making this cards fit into the game system.​

By the way guys, i need your help.
I'm trying to do a sheet for the rule book, since now it look like this:

Istruzioni_P1.png

Since i'm new to this kind of graphic works, does it look good to you?
Any idea is really appreciated!
Thanks!​

Hello guys.
I'm not posting new cards coz i'm currently working on the Rule Book and its a big amount of work.
The rules are a lot and i have to think about all the possible scenarios during the game.

If you have a little bit of time take a look up to the rule book graphic and tell me if you like it or not.
Thanks guys!​

Heeeeelloooooo guys!
I'm sorry for this long stand-by but had some things to do.
By the way, here we have some news! Desert Cards!!!

Carta_Antlion.png

Carta_Antlion_Charger.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom