Terraria Challenge : A Different Kind of Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Dragonica

Terrarian
While I'm waiting for 1.3 to come to the mobile platform, I figured, hey, why not make ANOTHER challenge for myself, and this is the result : "A DIFFERENT KIND OF MELEE" challenge.

Basically, the only weapons you can use must be a type of boomerangs (Flamarang, Thorn Chakram, etc), flails (Flairon, Solar Eruption, etc), and spears (rotted forks, spears, etc). Your goal is to defeat the final boss of your platform (Moon Lord for PC, Ocram and Duke Fishron for mobile/console). Simple.

Here's my run :

Day I
image.png

Ah! A beautiful day in the world of Terraria, here we have the white-haired Troy the Thrower, even though he also uses spear! Such a disgrace to the title! Regardless, me and Joey, Jeffrey, whatever the name of the Guide is, I forgot, need to quickly build a shelter to survive the night.
image.png

And now we have a "cute" slime, THAT WILL EAT YOUR FACE IF YOU HUG IT! Time to run as I am incapable of swinging even a light wooden sword/muramasa, even though I can lift a heavy flail easily, screw logic, right?
image.png

After a few in-game hours of mutilating trees of the mother nature, I managed to put together a square wood shack. The only thing missing is the light sources, and I cannot kill those slimes without any boomerangs, spears, or flails of any kind. Young Troy will have to search for one immediately before night arrives.
image.png

A booty chest with bootiful loots in a booty cavern! The shiny spear have been presented to Troy the Thrower! Time to stab those slimes!
image.png

Dang, this big tree haven't trailed down the ground, no early enchanted boomerangs for me then.
image.png

Young slime, I'm sorry, but you will have to be sacrificed for the greater good... as a material for source of light- *stabs the slime*
image.png

Yey, Joey or Jeffrey the Guide moved in! I also mined a few copper, or cooper, how do you pronounce it? I also got some lead and a furnace to smelt 'em.
image.png

Tonight seems awkwardly quiet...

Welp, I'm going out to search for more ores.
image.png

Okay, zombies! No- zambies!

Regardless, dawn soon came and we passed our very first night, time to do more mining as we'll need to gear up for the upcoming, I wonder what type of world this is, a corrupted or a crimsonized?

image.png

Another night to spend mining, let's go!
image.png

Found another chest, and inside it is an aglet. Nice, extra movement speed, we can outrun demon eyes, zombies and zambies, and slimes more easily now.
image.png

Found a collection of lead and copper, I think I can make a few tools and an anvil with these...
image.png

Wait, there's a Ruby Staff!? Lemme test it's effect for a while.

Cool! But I cannot use it, I'm not skilled enough.
image.png

A desert! and a vulture.
image.png

A pyramid! Time to rob it...

Mwehehehehhee.
image.png

Flying carpet! Yes!
image.png

Now this is an interesting world generation.

image.png

I forgot I cannot use magic, cri cri. Wasted.
image.png

Wow, a godly wooden boomerang, cool.
image.png

Took a trip to the sea to see if there's any heart crystals at the bottom, there's a chest in return and inside it is this trident.
image.png

Diggie diggie me hole!
image.png

Since I cannot us magical weapons, I shall thee create a hook out of them!

image.png

Cool! A hive! I will scoop up a few bottled honey then!
image.png

The bees said no, and now I'm back home, with this guy that have just moved in, Beldin the demolitionist and Eugene the Merchant, hmm... Why does this name remind me of "Tangled"?

Feel free to share your playthrough if you accept this challenge.

Last edited:
Day 2
image.png

Oh, look, a mushroom biome, cool.
image.png

Oh god! Nymph! Helpppppp, I didn't even see you!
image.png

I look fabulous with this rose, smells nice too. Hopefully many hornets approached me, I need their stingers.
image.png

Found this in a jungle shrine, let's take this fishing pole and the eye.
image.png

This is my preparation for Eye of Cthulhu, I'm slightly short in attack, but I think I can pull it together...

...right?
image.png

image.png

Wot da hek
image.png

Took out almost the entire night, my attack is too weak.
image.png

Hi, Dye Trader.
image.png

After hours and hours of brutally using my trident to pull out some hornets' stingers, I managed to get 16 of them! Time to make that Thorn Chakram!
image.png

Let's just appreciate how smooth it's bounce against solid blocks is.
image.png

Storm Dragonica The Narrating Overlord : "I travelled far and wide to the Crimson, the source of blood and gore and spooky scary face monsters, I brought a couple bombs with me, to destroy the wall separating me and the heart of the Crimson, I held my iron hammer close to my chest, before cautiously swinging my hammer at the heart, it exploded into gore, and a chill was sent down my spine, I tried to ignore it by staring at the gun that dropped from him, not like I can use it anyway.

I destroyed the second crimson heart, a crimson rod dropped out, but I cannot use it either, at the same time, screams echoed from all over the chasm. And when I destroyed the third heart, a long rotted fork dropped out, sadly it seemed broken and all, but then, a loud roar interrupted my thoughts, eyes began to ram themselves into me, and a gigantic brain appeared, squishing me into pancakes to the wall of the Crimson, becoming a part of it."

Over-dramatic.

Last edited:
I actually already went further into the challenge (I have Thorn Chakram when I still have lead armor, might've rushed a bit). Just cannot upload it right now.

Eh... I will upload the pic in Day II I guess.
Rushed a bit... thats not even close to rushing. I got the meatball from crimson heart in the first few minutes, i got some bombs quickly and rushed to corruption. I had to get it quickly because i could not kill any monster before i had a flail.

Day 2 - Continuation
image.png

The Dryad moved in. Cool, also, the house is awkwardly near the space, might be a trouble in hard mode.
image.png

Nymph again... Jumpscared me every single time.
image.png

Welp, time to kick some goblins' rear.
image.png

I used all my 3 suspicious looking eye in one night, nice loot and a trophy to show my achievement.
image.png

Daryl the Arms Dealer : Sup', want to buy som' guns, I see ya' eyeing that Minishark.
Troy the Thrower : No, I'm eyeing at that wallet of yours so I can take room taxes.
image.png

Thank you, RNGesus! Meteorites close together are always accepted!
image.png

Sweet hot meteorites.
[doublepost=1498033124,1498033044][/doublepost]Actually, can a moderator close this thread. I'm tired of posting pictures in two forums (yeah...), so uh... I'm sorry, but I'm really tired.

Locked at thread creator's request.

Please just report the first post in the thread next time you want one of your threads locked instead of tagging a moderator in a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom