Terraria Challenges?

If this is still going on, I have an idea or two of my own:

Basically this challenge employs you only use space-related items (you start with a Gravity Globe, spawn it in or get it from an item server):

Meteor Armor
Space Gun
Gravitation Potion
Gravity Globe
Featherfall Potion
Any other space-themed items you can think of!

Your mission is to, well, beat the game! :D

Ooooh, time for a new challenge

GOAL: Obtain every single Trophies and Monster Banners.

Difficulty choice:
  • HARD: 100 HP, no armour, Iron tool start - Hardcore (Death is final)
  • MEDIUM: 160 HP, Copper Armour, Steel tool start. - Hardcore (Death is final)
  • EASY: 200 HP, Lead Armour, Gold tool start. - Mediumcore (Loss of all items on death)
  • FOR FUN (Only for those who don't care about the final score): No pre-requisite, have fun!
Rules:
  1. Once a trophy or banner has been obtained, you must immediately place it near the area where you picked it up. (5 Blocks around you) If there is no wall for trophies to be placed, don't move and place walls around you. Put the trophy there. If there is no block for banners to be hung, make a roof of whatever resource you have in your inventory and put it there. (You get what I mean)
  2. Can't destroy any trophies/banners once they are placed. If you accidentally destroy one, you must place it back.
  3. Forfeiting does not mean you lose. It simply means you wish to count your current obtained trophies and leave it at that.
  4. Extra banners/trophies do not award points. Feel free to keep them to decorate your place up.
How to win: If you forfeit, die or complete the original goal, you must re-find the banners/trophies that you placed for them to count. Keeping tabs on where you originally placed them is a good idea. If you forget where you placed a specific banner/trophy is bad as you will get the consequence of reducing your final score.

Scoring:
Trophies - 2 Point for each Pre-hardmode bosses. 4 Points for each Hardmode bosses. 6 Points for each Events bosses. Fishing trophies are optional and give 0.5 points each. (2.5 Points for all 5, since you earn them right in front of the Angler NPC.... not that hard to find)

Banners - 1 Point for each Pre-hardmode enemies (43 total, Bird, Rabbit and Goldfish are excluded). 2 Points for each Hardmode enemies (41 total, no excluded) Console and Mobile exclusive banners aren't in play.

Hard difficulty: Multiply final score by 1.5
Medium difficulty: Multiply final score by 1.25
Easy difficulty: Don't multiply

This is called True Trophy Hunter because you hunt for trophies... and have to hunt them again.
I have a hard time with emotes. ;-;

Last edited:
Ooooh, time for a new challenge

GOAL: Obtain every single Trophies and Monster Banners.

Difficulty choice:
  • HARD: 100 HP, no armour, Iron tool start - Hardcore (Death is final)
  • MEDIUM: 160 HP, Copper Armour, Steel tool start. - Hardcore (Death is final)
  • EASY: 200 HP, Lead Armour, Gold tool start. - Mediumcore (Loss of all items on death)
  • FOR FUN (Only for those who don't care about the final score): No pre-requisite, have fun!
Rules:
  1. Once a trophy or banner has been obtained, you must immediately place it near the area where you picked it up. (5 Blocks around you) If there is no wall for trophies to be placed, don't move and place walls around you. Put the trophy there. If there is no block for banners to be hung, make a roof of whatever resource you have in your inventory and put it there. (You get what I mean)
  2. Can't destroy any trophies/banners once they are placed. If you accidentally destroy one, you must place it back.
  3. Forfeiting does not mean you lose. It simply means you wish to count your current obtained trophies and leave it at that.
  4. Extra banners/trophies do not award points. Feel free to keep them to decorate your place up.
How to win: If you forfeit, die or complete the original goal, you must re-find the banners/trophies that you placed for them to count. Keeping tabs on where you originally placed them is a good idea. If you forget where you placed a specific banner/trophy is bad as you will get the consequence of reducing your final score.

Scoring:
Trophies - 2 Point for each Pre-hardmode bosses. 4 Points for each Hardmode bosses. 6 Points for each Events bosses. Fishing trophies are optional and give 0.5 points each. (2.5 Points for all 5, since you earn them right in front of the Angler NPC.... not that hard to find)

Banners - 1 Point for each Pre-hardmode enemies (43 total, Bird, Rabbit and Goldfish are excluded). 2 Points for each Hardmode enemies (41 total, no excluded) Console and Mobile exclusive banners aren't in play.

Hard difficulty: Multiply final score by 1.5
Medium difficulty: Multiply final score by 1.25
Easy difficulty: Don't multiply

This is called True Trophy Hunter because you hunt for trophies... and have to hunt them again.
I have a hard time with emotes. ;-;
This seems like it'll take forever.

Trololololol or kill every enemy
You have to kill all of the enemies in the game including bosses and King Slime
Easy Mode: 140 health, mediumcore
Medium Mode: 100 health, mediumcore
Hard Mode: 100 health, hardcore

Last edited:
That time of the month...

Every time a blood moon occurs you must drop All your items except for a magic mirror or recall potion and teleport back to spawn

sorry if this is inappropriate but...

The Axeless Challenge
Difficulty 2/5
get to hard mode without using any form of Axe or chainsaw
Difficulty 4/5
Beat duke fishron without using any form of Axe or chainsaw

I actually had the pleasure of coming up with that on accident when i loaded into a new world with a new character forgetting to give myself an axe, It's actually possible, but it can be difficult.

====================================
Class Warfare
Other than the starting tools, or craft able weapons that aren't the same as the armor you're wearing.
Rules: Must be wearing the entire set
EX: You are wearing gold armor, you can't use silver or below, and you can't use platinum or above.

This one is more tedious than anything, I just though I'd include 2 possible challenges.

Masking Challenge

[/SPOILER] Ok right this challenge is gonna be fun so.
-Start of with an Eye of Cthulu mask or king slime staff (spawn them in or get another character to give it to you.
- you are not allowed to surpass the highest of the bosses defence doubled. What I mean is for example the Eye of Cthulu, it has a total of 12 defence in it's first form in it's second form it has 0 so only the form with the highest defence counts. Also double 12 is 24 you may only have less than or 24 defence.
- For the attack you are only allowed weapons below or equal to the bosses base damage. For example the king slime has 40 base damage ONLY weapons with 40 or less base damage is allowed while wearing a mask.
- You can switch masks but must remain in vanity slot
- If you are wearing no mask you may only use a copper short sword or any wooden armor (HARD)
- You must Collect all the masks including duke fishron's mask
- The Horseman's Mask can be used
- You can switch masks whenever you want just be sure to change Armor and weapons when you do so

TIP:
Slime Mask = More attack
Eye Mask = More Defence

Enjoy hope u like mah idea ;)
[/SPOILER]

Nice challenges, some of them are pretty interesting.

Anyways, I thought I'd suggest some challenges.

No use of potions, including Healing potions, Mana potions, Food items, Ale, Sake and Flasks.

No defense for the whole game, this means no armor except Wooden Greaves or something, no Ironskin/Well Fed buffs, no Sun/Moon/Celestial stone, no Warding accesories, and basically anything that gives you defense.

Basically a Mage playthrough, but you can't use Mana Crystals. You can use anything else that will increase your mana, but not mana crystals.

personally I wouldn't do melee, ranged, mage or summoner challegenge because I like to try diferent things and playing only with one style I would get bored and since the game doesn't have an "ending" you would break rules soon or later, maybe even accidentally IMO. I remember good times with old rpg games though

Upside Down Challenge.
-Get a gravity globe form another world and equip it.
-Go upside down.
-This is your life now
-Beat Duke Fishron.

I loved the thread, i guess i said it early buy i want to say it again, it's very helpful for those who beat everything in life...i mean...game
I'm really excited to do the Handle Money challenge, thanks Roxoz, i loved that challenge... *cough* i mean...i'm very excited to play the Handle Money Challenge at the Expert Mode to make the things harder and cooler to use coin gun :D

This one is pretty challenging
Start a new character on an already hardmode world. Play the character on hardcore.

Back
Top Bottom