Terraria Challenges?

The Nomadic Hoarder Challenge: For those who want to learn more effective inventory management.
This Challenge has 3 difficulties(Easy, Normal, Hard)
Items:You can bring in a sextant to keep track of moon phases.
Victory Condition: Defeat the moon lord.

Conditions:
-No using piggy banks or safes, the only exception to this rule is the money trough.
-You are not allowed to use your other settlements besides the one you currently reside in.
-You are not allowed to move NPC's to places you desire them to be, plan accordingly.
-You must move through your settlements in the order you built them, no cheeky things like moving between 2 settlements.
-Change residence every(Second full moon, every full moon, every new and full moons)
-(7, 5, 3) NPC's maximum in any 1 settlement.
-(3, 5, 7) settlements minimum by the end.

Hey i have another one you make a tiny base with door's and pumps that will put away water to the top of the map then you make the infinite water pump idea and do it to the entire world. you do this until the world is completely full and then you start your adventure with Jellyfish Diving Gear

Hey i have another one you make a tiny base with door's and pumps that will put away water to the top of the map then you make the infinite water pump idea and do it to the entire world. you do this until the world is completely full and then you start your adventure with Jellyfish Diving Gear
Sorry to rain on your parade, but that is too impractical to be a challenge, most computers can't even handle that much liquid, I'm not even sure if Terraria can myself...

(I tested it, It took me minutes to load a world with a similar condition to that, it usually only takes me seconds, and when I got into the world, the game was basically unplayable due to how low the framerate was)

Save the Environment Challenge
Victory condition: Plantera is defeated, Jungle has never been in extreme danger (that is a failure condition), and no infection biomes (except for microbiomes)

If you kill a critter, bin the weapon. (came from here)
If that weapon was a tool, you don't have to trash it, but you may not use it as a weapon until you get an upgrade to it.
If you obtain the weapon/tool you killed a critter with again, you may not use it (as a weapon for tools)

The jungle may not be in extreme danger at any time during hardmode. (or the end of pre-hardmode because that directly goes to hm)

Use only the dryad, steam punker, truffle or goblin tinkerer for NPCs (if you use dye trader, painter, clothier etc for cosmetics, that's fine)
No lead/iron (except for mech spawners)

You must obtain a full jungle set, have the armor equipped and use every single jungle weapon (bee weapons/tools not included) and beat Skeletron, Queen Bee, the Wall of Flesh or harder with this set. You ONLY have to do this loadout for that boss battle, YOU ARE FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR EVERYTHING ELSE

Do the same with any type of Chlorophyte Armor, with
Melee (has to be chlorophyte, no turtle): Chlorophyte sword (either one)
Ranged: (no shroomite): Chlorophyte Shotbow or Megashark (or both)
Magic (no spectre): Life Drain or Venom Staff (or both)
Do any of the mech bosses or Plantera (bonus points if you do multiple at once)

What about the Nocturnal Challenge?
Dig underground immediately after spawning and don't come out in the day. you can only collect materials from above ground at night.

The Crate Challenge (For some reason spoilers don't work at all for me so just add it yourself :p)

You spawn in 15 crates from each biome (Sky, hallowed, dungeon, crimson, corruption, just basically 15 of every crate you can find in an all items map/whatever you're using to get them :p), open them as soon as you start the game, and you can only use the items you get in those crates (you can get chests and the basic necessities from sources other than crates though obviously), when you enter HM, you get 7 of each crate you got before and use only those items until you beat Moon Lord. Keep in mind that you CAN use drops from enemies.

If there are any tweaks that you wanna make, go ahead :) Credit goes to my friend @Alphy The Lizard for this challenge idea that he gave me.

Real Expert mode challenge
You start with a new character but he can get a number of items (less is harder) but no items which help/can summon bosses, or items which stack (like ore, potions, coins,..).
First thing you do at the new map: Go into the dungeon until Dungeon Guardian rises.
After this play the normal game. You lost the challenge if the Guardien dies, killed you or stoped hunting you because e.g. out of range.
You win the challenge if you defeat all other bosses (while being hunted by the guardian) and after this defeating the guardian.

For each different boss you have defeated you earn e.g. 100 points. At the end (win or loss) divide your points by the number of items you started with and compare your results with other.

In addtion also other challenges can get harder while being hunted from the Guardian. Could be a modification of other challenges.

some ideas
Legendary hero challenge
*Start with a terrablade* Only allowed to use Terrablade for a weapon (Or if you play modded, any other Terra Weapon) Its very easy prehardmode but towards endgame using only melee gets harder as its your only weapon

No accesory challenge
Accesories are restricted. (Hard: No Accesories, Medium: Wings only Easy: 2 Accesories

No armour challenge

No Armour can be equipped throughout the whole game, so you better get finding those heart crystals, life fruits and warding accesories.

Dr Bee Challenge
You can only use bee tools / Weapons (Bee set, Bee mount, Queen bee's drops basically) You can reforge them all you like but you can't use any equipment thats not bee-based

What about the Nocturnal Challenge?
Dig underground immediately after spawning and don't come out in the day. you can only collect materials from above ground at night.
Maybe vampire/Ghoul challenge? You can only come out at night (i.e. if on surface or higher you need to be behind a background wall at all times during daytime) it really needs a mod to cause uncounterable burning damage while out in the sun...

Truly Superstitious
You may not use magic, use any potions, or go on levitating blocks (Not including cloud blocks)

Craftless challenge
1.- Hardcore character
2.- New world (size is up to you)
3.- Only one world is allowed to use (expert or normal is up to you)
4.- No crafting is allowed, at all
5.- Beat the game as far as you can

I made this one up:

The Angel Challenge

-You cannot kill Green Slimes, Critters, and Non-harmful Creatures
-You cannot use Magic weapons
-Light must be in the area of your screen, if there is no light in your screen you must trash your most used weapon(If you find light under 5 seconds, you may keep it)
-If an NPC dies get rid of an accessory(only trash 1 accessory, even if many die, Clothier doesn't count if you use the Clothier voodoo doll)
-Golem must be defeated(Challenge End)
-You cannot use Hardmode metal armor, (You can use Turtle armor and natural armor drops/crafted from drops)

IF charecter in Expert then:
-You cannot kill Critters and Non-Harmful Creatures
-You can only use Summon items
-Inventory edit a headlamp in Vanity slot
-If an NPC dies, you need to fight EoC
-Crimson/Corruption has to be boxed before Hardmode (If in Large world, surface must be either Blown and remade and boxed, or just boxed and purified)

-Inventory edit an Imp/Queen Spider staff and Bee Armor (only one, they both have Pros and Cons)
-All 3 Mechanical Bosses must be defeated (Challenge End)

Tips:
-In the normal angel challenge, you can still use a headlamp if you have the merchant
-Shine potions help a lot
-Lava still counts a light source, so if you find it you can rest near it
-Jellyfish still count as a light source
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a fan of light? Try:
The Vampire Challenge

-You cannot be near light, Except the first day, it doesn't count(If near light then you must fight EoC with a melee in your inventory to proceed, Underworld doesn't count as a light source, as you will be killing a boss down there)
-You must use only metal (To make houses, Tools, and such, if metal item requires wood or natural drops then you can only make 1 piece of it each boss you defeat)
-You can only break normal tree's on night, otherwise it must be a Rich Mahogany Tree/Mahogany Tree(Found in underground jungle)
-You must have at least 1 layer of tiles (Or if on the surface, Walls) between you and a light source. (Same goes for Torches and Furnaces)
-Corruption/Crimson must take over the world (Challenge End)

IF charecter Expert then:
-If you accidently enter a lit area, you must delete a piece of armor to proceed(Except the Underworld, it doesn't count)
-You must only use metal (To make houses, Tools, and such)
-You can use normal tree's on the first day only, no limit
-You must have armor & vanity (Items that do not give stats even if put in armor slot) to be able to enter lit area's
-Corruption/Crimson must take over the surface of the world, Even floating islands (Challenge End)

Tips:
-(Expert)Make a lot of useless armor before entering in a lit area
-If there's an open wall in the underground, that place can be used to make houses for NPC's, but be sure to block the torch
-Throwing a bomb at a torch/light source like torches will drop it (Except for lava, its a 50/50)

Red = Must be done at a point in time
Orange = Optional

Last edited:
I made this one up:

The Angel Challenge

-You cannot kill Green Slimes, Critters, and Non-harmful Creatures
-You cannot use Magic weapons
-Light must be in the area of your screen, if there is no light in your screen you must trash your most used weapon(If you find light under 5 seconds, you may keep it)
-If an NPC dies get rid of an accessory(only trash 1 accessory, even if many die, Clothier doesn't count if you use the Clothier voodoo doll)
-Golem must be defeated(Challenge End)
-You cannot use Hardmode metal armor, (You can use Turtle armor anr natural armor drops/crafted from drops)

IF charecter in Expert then:
-You cannot kill Critters and Non-Harmful Creatures
-You can only use Summon items
-Inventory edit a headlamp in Vanity slot
-If an NPC dies, get rid of a valuable item in your inventory (Ores,
-Crimson/Corruption has to be boxed before Hardmode (If in Large world, surface must be either Blown and remade and boxed, or just boxed and purified)
-Inventory edit an Imp/Queen Spider staff and Bee Armor (only one, they both have Pros and Cons)
-All 3 Mechanical Bosses must be defeated (Challenge End)

Tips:
-In the normal angel challenge, you can still use a headlamp if you have the merchant
-Shine potions help a lot
-Lava still counts a light source, so if you find it you can rest near it
-Jellyfish still count as a light source
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a fan of light? Try:
The Vampire Challenge

-You cannot be near light, Except the first day, it doesn't count(If near light then trash 2 valuable items in your inventory to proceed, Underworld doesn't count)
-You must use only metal (To make houses, Tools, and such)
-You can only break normal tree's on night, otherwise it must be a Rich Mahogany Tree/Mahogany Tree(Found in underground jungle)
-You must have at least 1 layer of tiles (Or if on the surface, Walls) between you and a light source. (Same goes for Torches and Furnaces)
-Corruption/Crimson must take over the world (Challenge End)

IF charecter Expert then:
-If you accidently enter a lit area, you must delete a piece of armor to proceed(Except the Underworld, it doesn't count)
-You must only use metal (To make houses, Tools, and such)
-You can use normal tree's on the first day only, no limit
-You must have armor & vanity (Items that do not give stats even if put in armor slot) to be able to enter lit area's
-Corruption/Crimson must take over the surface of the world, Even floating islands (Challenge End)

Tips:
-(Expert)Make a lot of useless armor before entering in a lit area
-If there's an open wall in the underground, that place can be used to make houses for NPC's, but be sure to block the torch
-Throwing a bomb at a torch/light source like torches will drop it (Except for lava, its a 50/50)

Red = Must be done at a point in time
Orange = Optional
I'm certainely not enjoying the 'thrash your best item if you break the rules' punishment, there should be better ways to handle that.

People have made maps like that, where you start on a world covered by water. Maybe you can still find one around here somewhere.

Terraria, Collectionist Edition
To complete the challenge, you must retrieve these items:
*(MEDIUM)Every Painting Possible in the World (If your world has Corruption, you will not need Crimson-only paintings)
AND/OR
*(HARD)Every Boss Mask, Trophy AND Banner (Possible in that World)
*(EASY)Every Critter Cage and Bottle

This is impossible b/c one of the rarest items in the game is 5 duengon paintings
They have a 1/100 chance in spawning
[doublepost=1481641954,1481641602][/doublepost]
The Leal Weapon Challenge!

Through the entire game, you are allowed to use just a limited amount of weapons!

It can be any weapon, be a sword, spell, gun. You start with it. The goal is to beat Duke Fishron

*Rangers must use ammo according to the current tier
*No explosives! They count as a weapon!
*Can't use traps! Lava, however, is allowed.

EASY: Up to three weapons. Pre-Plantera
MEDIUM: Just one weapon. Pre-Plantera
HARD: Up to three. Pre-Mech
VERY HARD: Just one weapon. Pre-Mech
INSANE: Up to three weapons. PRE-HARMODE!
YRIMIR: Only ONE weapon! Obviously Pre-copper tier PRE-HARMODE!!

lol Ymir is like impossible, It can be possible on mobile if you get a reaver shark then go get a shranga, never tested it but I dare someone to try
Also I think ChippyGaming and Python are doing this challenge (not yrmir difficultity though)

Even this challenge is old and not really hardcore like other, I think I should share it.

"Light Hero"
You start like every normal playthrough and there's only one rule.
-Every armor list here except Angler armor are banned for the challenge.

Yeah, that was it, also the challenge end after beat Moon Lord.
dude WHAT?!?! Is that even posible?

Back
Top Bottom