PC Terraria changes Windows 7 color scheme

Gamrus

Terrarian
Hey Guys,

my current problem is, since yesterday or two days Terraria always changes the Windows 7 color scheme to basic. I started to play it since a week and never had the problem until now. I dont know how to fix this. Would be nice if someone could help me.

Please do not make duplicate reports about the same issue. Thanks.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'Windows 7 color scheme'. I use Win7 to play Terraria and other games, and I've not run into this before.

It would help us if you would post your system specs so that we can help you further.

Here are the system specs. Sometimes Windows asks to change the color of Windows to give your game more performance. But everytime I start Terraria I get a notification that says: ''A running program is not compatible with certain elements of Windows.'' I play games which need more performance than Terraria and I don't understand why.

Attachments

• 414b21bbb45924e79a90aa2d73155fce.png
    414b21bbb45924e79a90aa2d73155fce.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 56
That doesn't seem to show what graphics processor you have; do you have an integrated graphics processor or a separate card? Is this a laptop? Your main CPU looks fine to run Terraria.

It's also not clear how much RAM you have installed, from that list.

Sometimes Windows asks to change the color of Windows to give your game more performance.
I don't recall ever seeing this behavior on my rig, which was built 4 -5 years ago with an nVidia GTX660 (midrange by today's standards).

You said initially that this behavior just started recently and you successfully played before. What changed on your system between then and now? The game hasn't been updated in more than a year.

I have an integrated graphic processor, nvidia gtx760. I'm playing on a computer and the picture says that I have 8 GB RAM. Actually I did nothing to my system. I updated my graphic card driver but it was after the problem showed up.

I did a web search for 'windows 7 randomly changes color scheme' - there are several potential solutions there that you could try. It seems that for some reason, your system is detecting low performance and suggesting the color change.

Terraria does use a fair amount of RAM, but shouldn't be using much more than 2MB at a time. Are you trying to use mods, by any chance?

Not really, I don't want to take the risk if something maybe goes wrong and I want to play it 'normally' with my friends so without mods. But I will try to find sth on google.

Ok, I solved the problem. I optimized Terraria with GeForce Experience. It starts now in Fullscreen mode and as administrator. But thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom